News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

So, what is the solution? Is there one at all? Other than imposing another tax?

Why was "global warming" rebranded to "climate change"?

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2018, 11:36:16 PM
There was this thing back in 1991 that kinda played a big role in that term falling out of favor, but sure, it's political correctness run amok.

Now the Third World is coming, to collect their house slaves and field slaves ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 11:38:10 PM
So, what is the solution? Is there one at all?

Karl Marx is our lord and savior ...

Bourgeoisie are always the same ... they have no sacrifice to offer, but they can save the poor thru virtue signaling.  It will be a good thing for the Middle Class to be liquidated.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Because people got tired of idiots saying, "HUUUUR IT'S SNOWIGN OUTSIDE SO GLOBAL WRMING IS FAKE!".

More seriously; climate change is more accurate description of the effect global warming is causing. While global warming is the root problem, it's symptoms include all sorts of climatological issues such as more severe winters, more hurricanes/typhoons (and more powerful storms), ocean temperatures shifting (particularly important in the Pacific where the water is essentially sloshing from Asia to the Americas and effects where fish cluster [which causes countries like Chile to become more and more aggressive in fishing waters that don't legally belong to them]), and so on.

Global warming I think is perfectly acceptable, but in reality climate change more accurately describes the effect of global warming.

As for what we can do, I don't think there is anything we can do at this point to stop it... but I don't get why this means we should just throw our hands in the air and continue to make it worse.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

So, what is the solution? Is there one at all? Other than imposing another tax?
I guess that settles that question.

QuoteWhy was "global warming" rebranded to "climate change"?
Is this like that time you thought Daesh was a PR attempt to distance ISIS from Islam?  And then we all told you that Daesh is actually insulting to them, and you didn't seem to understand because it didn't fit your narrative.  Same thing here?

*edit - what Shiranu said.  Though what it's called is the least important thing about it.  A rose is a rose, after all.

pr126

Let's say that I am a skeptic about "Climate change".

But those true believers, who say YOU MUST BELIEVE, just like in a religion you must believe in Jesus or Allah or else you are a non-person?

A non-believer? Shame on you! GTFO!

But you, dear True Believer, what are you doing or propose to do about it?
Pray? Burn incense? Spread the Gospel?  What!  Anything, nothing?

Shiranu

Probably a luittle too drunk to answer, bujt...

Believe whatever the fuck you want ws. I'm mnot going to beg you to believe in glbal warming, I'm just going to thinjk your an idiot if you want to question tnhe overwhelming majority of scientists. No difrfeenrt than flat earthers.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 09:47:00 AM
I will just carry on breathing for a little while longer, thank you.
Not far to go now, I am in my 75th year now.

Odd thing is, no one complains about burning the oil to the last drop. Strange that.

Those whining about the climate are driving expensive cars, have private jets and big mansions.
This tells me that it is not as bad as they make it out.

What would it take to change your mind?  What facts or experiences would cause you to agree that humans are the cause of the current climate change.  Just curious.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 03:33:10 AM

But those true believers, who say YOU MUST BELIEVE, just like in a religion you must believe in Jesus or Allah or else you are a non-person?

You sound just like the theists who claim that Evolutionism is a religion.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 04, 2018, 10:34:24 AM
...Are you serious? Science is wrong because some people drive nice cars?
It's one of the responses they're supposed to use. The list is long and somewhat hilarious.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2018, 09:17:54 PM

>Make a joke thread parodying people who come up with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
>Turns into a serious thread with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
>10/10, would watch the world burn again

Semi-related note, but my mother asked me a few days ago, "It's cool (some city) is putting in white concrete to reflect light and reduce the temperature of the city, but isn't that energy going to be reflected back at the sun and cause it to burn out faster or have some type of issues?"

She was dead ass serious.

Yeah, my Dad was stupid too.  He watched only Fox News.---
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 05, 2018, 03:37:15 AM
Probably a luittle too drunk to answer, bujt...

Believe whatever the fuck you want ws. I'm mnot going to beg you to believe in glbal warming, I'm just going to thinjk your an idiot if you want to question tnhe overwhelming majority of scientists. No difrfeenrt than flat earthers.

Neither he nor I question the scientists.  He and I despise the Left politicians who want to make hay out of this.  Also the bourgeoisie hypocrisy ... let someone else stop driving their car, let someone else stop heating their house in winter etc.  Humanity can't extinct soon enough ... so I say do nothing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2018, 11:49:32 PM
Because people got tired of idiots saying, "HUUUUR IT'S SNOWIGN OUTSIDE SO GLOBAL WRMING IS FAKE!".

More seriously; climate change is more accurate description of the effect global warming is causing. While global warming is the root problem, it's symptoms include all sorts of climatological issues such as more severe winters, more hurricanes/typhoons (and more powerful storms), ocean temperatures shifting (particularly important in the Pacific where the water is essentially sloshing from Asia to the Americas and effects where fish cluster [which causes countries like Chile to become more and more aggressive in fishing waters that don't legally belong to them]), and so on.

Global warming I think is perfectly acceptable, but in reality climate change more accurately describes the effect of global warming.

As for what we can do, I don't think there is anything we can do at this point to stop it... but I don't get why this means we should just throw our hands in the air and continue to make it worse.

Are you still breathing?  Then you are making it worse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 05, 2018, 03:33:10 AM

Yes, the true gospel of Marx, Lenin etc.  Let us be your dictator ... and we won't be like Hitler or Stalin ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 05, 2018, 08:43:11 AM
It's one of the responses they're supposed to use. The list is long and somewhat hilarious.

Have you stopped driving?  Have you stopped heating your home in Winter?  If not, you are a running dog of Capitalism ... death squad for you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.