News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why Global Warming is another MSM Lie

Started by Hydra009, April 01, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 01:32:23 AM
Global warming/Climate change == Follow the money.
Cui bono?

Somebody told me that about 10 years ago so I did. Know what I found out?

Every single one of the prominent global warming deniers of the time was getting funding from organizations funded by the oil and gas industry.

Want to know what Exxon's official position on climate change is these days?

QuoteThe risk of climate change is clear and the risk warrants action. Increasing carbon emissions in the atmosphere are having a warming effect. There is a broad scientific and policy consensus that action must be taken to further quantify and assess the risks.

http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

All food products now are produced by the tobacco companies, aren't they?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 09:47:00 AMThose whining about the climate are driving expensive cars, have private jets and big mansions.
This tells me that it is not as bad as they make it out.
If only Al Gore lived in a cardboard box, then this whole global warming thing would be legit.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2018, 07:58:05 PM
If only Al Gore lived in a cardboard box, then this whole global warming thing would be legit.

If only hypocrisy wasn't the primary MO of humans.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on May 04, 2018, 08:44:10 PM
If only hypocrisy wasn't the primary MO of humans.
Let's say you're right and global warming activists are all secretly driving gas-guzzlers, living large on palatial mansions with the thermostat 72 degrees with all the windows wide open.  What relevance do you think that has on the facts on the ground - on climate data all across the world?

Shiranu

>Make a joke thread parodying people who come up with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
>Turns into a serious thread with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
>10/10, would watch the world burn again

------

Semi-related note, but my mother asked me a few days ago, "It's cool (some city) is putting in white concrete to reflect light and reduce the temperature of the city, but isn't that energy going to be reflected back at the sun and cause it to burn out faster or have some type of issues?"

She was dead ass serious.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 04, 2018, 09:17:54 PM>Make a joke thread parodying people who come up with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
>Turns into a serious thread with the stupidest reasons to question global warming
I honestly feel kinda bad about that.  I was just pretending to be an idiot saying the stupidest crap imaginable, who knew I'd get real idiots advancing similar arguments?!  The whole point is to NOT be the fool!

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2018, 08:52:32 PM
Let's say you're right and global warming activists are all secretly driving gas-guzzlers, living large on palatial mansions with the thermostat 72 degrees with all the windows wide open.  What relevance do you think that has on the facts on the ground - on climate data all across the world?

Then kill all the humans ... that will stop the warming.  Where are the Daleks when you need them?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2018, 09:29:04 PM
I honestly feel kinda bad about that.  I was just pretending to be an idiot saying the stupidest crap imaginable, who knew I'd get real idiots advancing similar arguments?!  The whole point is to NOT be the fool!

And I understood that (given the day of the post).  But that isn't the reason behind the reasoning ... the reason is always politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Reality check.
What can be done, what will be done to avert global disaster caused by man's folly?
Other than money changing hands, I mean.

Are you willing to give up your car, gadgets, lifestyle? Back to the 18th century?
Even if it is done, which is very unlikely, will it help?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 11:24:24 PM
Reality check.
What can be done, what will be done to avert global disaster caused by man's folly?

Are you willing to give up your car, gadgets, lifestyle? Back to the 18th century?

No, utopia is possible in Robespierre-ville ... if we just kill the nobility who are holding us back out glorious destiny!

Shiranu - it isn't nice to make fun of Mother nature ... or your own mother.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

But what about the "Developing" countries? Should they "develop"?
We used to call them "Third World" which is no longer politically correct.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 11:31:03 PM

No, every Chinese is entitled to a HumV gas guzzler ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 11:24:24 PM
Reality check.

:huh:  Have you ever, like, you know, read a single non-crazy news article in the last 20 years or so?  Hell, I've even posted a lot about efforts to turn the situation around.  You'd have to be a complete idiot to not be aware of this stuff!

Hydra009

Quote from: pr126 on May 04, 2018, 11:31:03 PM
There was this thing back in 1991 that kinda played a big role in that term falling out of favor, but sure, it's political correctness run amok.