News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Islam in America

Started by pr126, March 28, 2018, 11:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteZvi Yehezkeli is an Israeli journalist and filmmaker who is fluent in Arabic. In the following documentary about Islam in America, he created a false identity for himself as a Palestinian so he could gain entry to places where infidels are normally not allowed, and hear things that are normally hidden from the kuffar. He visited the Dar al-Hijra Mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, where Anwar al-Awlaki used to be the imam. He went to Dearborn, Michigan and was given a tour by the Arab-American police chief, Ron Haddad. He visited CAIR headquarters in Tampa and talked to its director, Hassan Shibly. And he had some interesting conversations with Muslim taxi drivers in Miami.

Posted for educational purposes. Watch the video.

Baruch

Not typical.  Most American Muslims are former Nation of Islam, not ME people at all.  This started when Malcolm X broke away from Nation of Islam, and was assassinated for it.  Most ME folks come in from Canada, where it is easier to get into at first.  So yes, if you cherry pick, one can find a bad imam, anywhere.  You can also find a few progressives (not many).  The US isn't Europe or Britain ... or even Canada.

Joseph Lumbard is an educated, White, American Muslim  And I respect his scholarship and knowledge of Arabic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsyGOaWEBw
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 28, 2018, 11:45:52 PM

Posted for educational purposes. Watch the video.

If you think I am promoting idiotic, cruel and violent Islam in any way, you are quite mistaken.  What I've been saying is that they aren't much different than other religions at this same time in their history and that other religions can be just as violent even in modern history.  Christians and Protestants were bombing and shooting each other just a few decades ago, Christian fanatics bomb Planned Parenthood facilities, Hindus and Moslems massacre each other, Christians are killed in Moslem and Hindu lands, and Moslems and Hindus (among other religious groups and hated in Christian places.  There seems to be no end to it.

The end WOULD be freedom FROM religion, but apparently we are not ready for that yet.  I look forward to the day...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on March 29, 2018, 07:07:19 PM
If you think I am promoting idiotic, cruel and violent Islam in any way, you are quite mistaken.  What I've been saying is that they aren't much different than other religions at this same time in their history and that other religions can be just as violent even in modern history.  Christians and Protestants were bombing and shooting each other just a few decades ago, Christian fanatics bomb Planned Parenthood facilities, Hindus and Moslems massacre each other, Christians are killed in Moslem and Hindu lands, and Moslems and Hindus (among other religious groups and hated in Christian places.  There seems to be no end to it.

The end WOULD be freedom FROM religion, but apparently we are not ready for that yet.  I look forward to the day...
Oh, no!
You forgot how bad Atheists were in the 20th century!
What, 115 million dead!

If you want to paint the picture, remember to paint the background too!
That is normally the largest coverage on the canvass.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

All I could find is Islam in Europe. Maybe YouTube has removed the US version?

I'll keep searching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7REARFFpQ

Baruch

Islam in Britain is quite different.  More Arabic and Pakistani ... rather than African-American.

The authorities in the US don't seem to be in collusion as much as they are in Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

In some states there are greater concentrations of Arab or Pakistani Muslims.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mousetrap on July 30, 2018, 10:11:20 AM
Oh, no!
You forgot how bad Atheists were in the 20th century!
What, 115 million dead!

If you want to paint the picture, remember to paint the background too!
That is normally the largest coverage on the canvass.

You think that atheism is a "belief".  It isn't.  That's like saying bald is a hair color.

People not believing in a religion are perfectly able to be complete murderous nuts.  That has nothing to do with atheism.  Put another way, that is like blaming the cats I don't have for killing the birds in my yard when my own cats are inside.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 06:05:49 AM
You think that atheism is a "belief".  It isn't.  That's like saying bald is a hair color.

People not believing in a religion are perfectly able to be complete murderous nuts.  That has nothing to do with atheism.  Put another way, that is like blaming the cats I don't have for killing the birds in my yard when my own cats are inside.

Atheism is an ideology, same as any other bias.  Humans only have biases, but they vary a lot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on August 01, 2018, 01:01:30 PM
Atheism is an ideology, same as any other bias.  Humans only have biases, but they vary a lot.

Atheism is a LACK of belief.  Theists never understand that.  And probably never will until the last one dies.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 02:49:36 AM
Atheism is a LACK of belief.  Theists never understand that.  And probably never will until the last one dies.

So you are completely free of bias, or just in one area?  Is asphyxiation lack of oxygen?  Lack of something isn't necessarily a good thing.  See, y'all describe theism as an illness ... like schizophrenia.  Others would describe being gay as being mentally ill too.  So bigotry.

But per SJW, you can't be a bigot, you have to embrace, as potential Democrats, the "different mentality" people, not just the "different sexuality" people.  If you don't embrace everyone, including Republicans, Communists etc ... then Democrats aren't "The Big Tent".  Have fun with that!

Since the US isn't majority Muslim, you have to embrace Muslims.  But Identity Politics tends toward ... accept any minority view or person, but reject any majority view of person ... and that won't work electorally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 02:49:36 AM
Oh, do not be mistaken.
We understand exactly what you mean.
We also know what the reality of your claim is.

Then again, Atheists are demanding that Theists are believers, due to "Blind belief".
And that is the only fallacy when we compare Atheism and Theism.

Theists blame Atheists for their "Lack of Belief, and Atheists vice versa on theists for "Lack of evidence".

Now, Lack of belief is somewhat obscure, and should be noted as a religion with lack of belief, because atheists only believe they don't believe.
But, Guess what, this is their belief!

I on the other-hand believe, because of evidence, and not a lack of evidence.
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

SGOS

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 06, 2018, 06:26:39 AM
atheists only believe they don't believe.
Wow!  You probably thought you've come up with a new theist insight, but it's a just a baseless claim from 60 years ago.  Maybe you can start a new wave of recycled bullshit, and start your own cult.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on August 06, 2018, 12:57:41 PM
Wow!  You probably thought you've come up with a new theist insight, but it's a just a baseless claim from 60 years ago.  Maybe you can start a new wave of recycled bullshit, and start your own cult.

but ideology is fine provided it is Marxist, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on August 06, 2018, 01:14:22 PM
but ideology is fine provided it is Marxist, right?
Wrong.  Why do you choose to throw Marxism into a simple exchange?  Is the water not muddy enough for you?