News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Islam in America

Started by pr126, March 28, 2018, 11:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 20, 2018, 01:04:17 AM
You are correct. Even in early American history, doctors had to resort to robbing graves of their corpses in order to study them. The church has always been, and always will be, resistant to scientific advancement. Hell, when gas lighting was invented, the church complained that it was "unnatural" for people to be awake after dark.
Hell, they wouldn't even condone lightning rods!

Christian Churches vs. the Lightning Rod
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 23, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Hell, they wouldn't even condone lightning rods!

Christian Churches vs. the Lightning Rod

Well, of course not! Lightning isn't a natural phenomenon with erratic and unpredictable patterns. It's God's tool to smite people with! He wouldn't allow a building to be struck by lightning if the people inside it didn't offend him in some way!

In all seriousness, though, Christians always hate new stuff. I remember when I was a kid playing Pokemon, the church leaders believed that Pokemon were demons. Like, actual fucking demons that would infest your house or possess your kids if you allowed the game to be in your house. I had assumed that after a couple decades, the church would have finally gotten used to the idea and moved on, but then Pokemon Go came out and...they thought that churches being used as Pokestops and gyms was letting demon Pokemon infest their churches. You'd think they'd appreciate the sudden increase in young people coming to their churches, but nope.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

You mean like this preacher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNb3xJFzkc

"Russian roulette is just a game!"

Just...LOL!

I like how this video ends, with the preacher saying "don't think." That's exactly what Christian leaders want, for their flocks to not think.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 23, 2018, 05:45:17 PM
You mean like this preacher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmNb3xJFzkc

"Russian roulette is just a game!"

Just...LOL!

Yup. He started off fine, but went right off the deep end at about the one minute mark, when he just starting making shit up.

"But they're so into this make believe world that they can't distinguish between fantasy and real," says the pastor who thinks that creatures in a video game can hurt you. OMG.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 23, 2018, 05:15:29 PM
Well, of course not! Lightning isn't a natural phenomenon with erratic and unpredictable patterns. It's God's tool to smite people with! He wouldn't allow a building to be struck by lightning if the people inside it didn't offend him in some way!

In all seriousness, though, Christians always hate new stuff. I remember when I was a kid playing Pokemon, the church leaders believed that Pokemon were demons. Like, actual fucking demons that would infest your house or possess your kids if you allowed the game to be in your house. I had assumed that after a couple decades, the church would have finally gotten used to the idea and moved on, but then Pokemon Go came out and...they thought that churches being used as Pokestops and gyms was letting demon Pokemon infest their churches. You'd think they'd appreciate the sudden increase in young people coming to their churches, but nope.

With Pokémon Go, you can see the actual demons in action ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Here is something to think about.

We have radical Islam.  And it logically follows that there is also moderate Islam? Really?
But there is only one Quran. No radical Quran and moderate Quran. Just one.

Why not radical Buddhism or radical Judaism? Or radical Christianity?
How about radical Jainism? Ever heard of radical Taoism? Radical Hinduism anyone?

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on August 23, 2018, 11:37:37 PM
Here is something to think about.

We have radical Islam.  And it logically follows that there is also moderate Islam? Really?
But there is only one Quran. No radical Quran and moderate Quran. Just one.

Why not radical Buddhism or radical Judaism? Or radical Christianity?
How about radical Jainism? Ever heard of radical Taoism? Radical Hinduism anyone?

Radical Hindus killed Gandhi.  There are radical Christians (Dominionism).  Radical Jains are that sect of Jains who wear no clothes at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Some radicals are better than others.

Alinsky - rules for radicals.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 23, 2018, 11:42:55 AM
They were willing to go along with science at first because they thought their religious beliefs would be vindicated. When that changed, they stopped being so in support of science.
Consider this.
Newton published his first scientific book on light and optics.
He was ridiculed by his peers and fellow scientists, even in the members of the Royal society had only criticism and desperately tried to find fault with what he wrote.
This so disgruntled Newton, that he thereafter refused to publish anything and was only later convinced by John Locke to change his mind!

Now, lets see what we learned about the whole affair.
Newton loved the Bible and remarked that it was his source of information and inspiration.
He is not only one of the world's greatest scientists, but also a great Biblical scholar.
He clearly despised any notion of Naturalism, or as we know it to be, Atheism.

Newton was scolded by fellow scientists!

Can I now say that science oppressed Christianity?
I will be a fool to even thing this way.

Now, why the heck do you take a few "Christians" as an example of oppressors of science, when clearly you are talking of isolated incidents?
Hopefully out of mischief, and not iddiocity.

Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

pr126

Atheists and the left hate Christianity with a passion.
Islam hates Christians, Jews.

When one criticizes Islam, he will be called a bigot, hater, racist Islamophobe by the atheists, and the left.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Mousetrap

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 23, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

I also remember when Pokemon was a craze in South Africa.
My sons were in primary school and in the NG Church.
The minister also came up with that stupidity.
I told him he's talking BS!

But, I was intelligent enough to distinguish between a stupid priest, and the truth without blaming it on the Bible or the Christian religion.

You should try to find reality without using it as an excuse for your atheistic beliefs!
Evolution, the religion whereby one believes your children more human, and your parents more ape, than you!

The Human Mind, if it has nothing to do with Evolution...What an incredible entity...
If it does, what a waste!

Atheism, what a wonderful religion, where one believe to believe is erroneous.

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on August 24, 2018, 04:54:50 AM
Atheists and the left hate Christianity with a passion.
Islam hates Christians, Jews.

When one criticizes Islam, he will be called a bigot, hater, racist Islamophobe by the atheists, and the left.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This has been explained to you countless times, but it seems to just go in one ear and out the other. We hate Christianity because Christians actually have power to affect our lives. We have more exposure to Christianity. I don't think that Muslims are immune to criticism. They just aren't a threat to me.
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mousetrap on August 24, 2018, 06:18:26 AM
You should try to find reality without using it as an excuse for your atheistic beliefs!
I don't have "atheistic beliefs" - I have atheistic unbeliefs.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 24, 2018, 08:00:51 PM
This has been explained to you countless times, but it seems to just in one ear and out the other. We hate Christianity because Christians actually have power to affect our lives. We have more exposure to Christianity. I don't think that Muslims are immune to criticism. They just aren't a threat to me.
You'll probably have to explain that several more times, and it still won't sink in.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 24, 2018, 08:07:56 PM
I don't have "atheistic beliefs" - I have atheistic unbeliefs.

On deity yes.  In other areas, you do have beliefs.  That is funny about evangelists, they think that because you believe something, you should believe their particular thing too.  Bias, prejudice, ideology etc don't work that way.  The first evangelists were Buddhists, blame them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.