Abortion should be banned because fetuses masturbate

Started by Valigarmander, June 18, 2013, 01:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:-D  Welcome aboard GSOgymrat! Did you masturbate as a fetus?  :shock:   :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "the_antithesis"If the fetus is masturbating, doesn't that mean it should be killed because it is sinful?

Masturbation isn't a sin in the Christian Bible.
<insert witty aphorism here>

SGOS

One would think that if an evangelical saw his fetus masturbating, he'd demand an abortion for his wife immediately.  Otherwise, it would be like giving birth to the spawn of Satan. :-D

Broede

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"If the fetus is masturbating, doesn't that mean it should be killed because it is sinful?

Masturbation isn't a sin in the Christian Bible.

I was going to argue with you about this, but you're (mostly) right.  I wanted to say that lust is a sin, but you can lust without masturbation and masturbate without lust.  The story of Onan and "spilling his seed" has to do with coital withdrawal.

However, from all accounts that I can see, sins spoken of in many verses of the bible, while not directly speaking of masturbation, can be argued to include masturbation, such as lust, uncleanliness and lasciviousness.

Colanth

Quote from: "Broede"The story of Onan and "spilling his seed" has to do with coital withdrawal.
The sin of Onan isn't spilling his seed, it's disobedience.  Christians (and most others) get that one wrong.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.