Political Compass, Obama Basically Romney

Started by Shiranu, June 17, 2013, 09:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: "mykcob4"You people calling Obama a repuke are just cynical.
At least we can't be accused of being Pollyanna.

Shiranu

Quote from: "mykcob4"You people calling Obama a repuke are just cynical. The "all politicians are corrupt" argument. You aren't realist as you claim, you're not even idealist, you're cynics!

No, it's not.

-Would a progressive say he would close Gitmo than not do it? No.
-Would a progressive continue torture operations? No.
-Would a progressive line his economic cabinet with the same bankers that broke the system in the first place? No.
-Would a progressive do nothing, when national support is rising, for the complete legalization of gay marriage and equality? No.  
-Would a progressive kill American citizens without trial? No.
-Would a progressive use drones to kill unidentified targets over-seas, ASSUMING the people he is hitting are terrorists? No.
-Would A progressive say those drone strikes are completely justified and do not need any judicial review? No.
-Would a progressive make his "signature achievement" the passing of a health care bill that was originally proposed by conservatives? No.
-Would a progressive torture and arrest whistle blowers who revealed government corruption? No.
-Would a progressive just say, "I support you", instead of doing anything about the tens of thousands rape cases in the military? No.
-Would a progressive extend the Patriot Act, something he ran against, and say it is necessary legislation? No.
-Would a progressive say the NSA is a "transparent" organization and that what they are doing is completely legal, when the only reason we know what they are doing is because of whistle blowers he then considers a traitor? No.
-Would a progressive say he would be lenient on drug users and then go on to arrest more people for marijuana possession and close more medical marijuana dispensaries than Bush? No.
-Would a progressive cut federal regulations on big businesses? No.
-Would a progressive bail out the banks with nearly zero interest and zero mandatory resignations? No.
-Would a progressive continue to expand our military budget? No.

Now, do you want to continue that I am just being cynical and that Obama is not a conservative, or would you like me to continue to go down the list? Because I have a much longer list in favour of him being a conservative than you do a progressive and I am more than happy to use it.

But don't fucking come in here telling me why I do or don't like a candidate like I just mindlessly decided, "Hur dur, Obamaers a Republican!" because I am just some cynical, "All politicians are corrupt!" guy... because if you think that then you don't know a damn thing about me.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"-Would a progressive say he would close Gitmo than not do it? No.

-Would a progressive do nothing, when national support is rising, for the complete legalization of gay marriage and equality? No.

-Would a progressive just say, "I support you", instead of doing anything about the tens of thousands rape cases in the military? No.  
Actually, not following through, timidly approaching a hot-button social issue, and sticking with words instead of actions are definitely Democratic qualities, sad to say.

There's also supporting legislation that you later disavow.  Dunno if he's guilty of that one, but that's definitely a Dem defect.

Heh.  Politics in America:  brain or spine.  Pick one.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Shiranu"-Would a progressive say he would close Gitmo than not do it? No.
-Would a progressive line his economic cabinet with the same bankers that broke the system in the first place? No.
-Would a progressive use drones to kill unidentified targets over-seas, ASSUMING the people he is hitting are terrorists? No.
-Would A progressive say those drone strikes are completely justified and do not need any judicial review? No.
-Would a progressive make his "signature achievement" the passing of a health care bill that was originally proposed by conservatives? No.
-Would a progressive torture and arrest whistle blowers who revealed government corruption? No.
-Would a progressive extend the Patriot Act, something he ran against, and say it is necessary legislation? No.
-Would a progressive say the NSA is a "transparent" organization and that what they are doing is completely legal, when the only reason we know what they are doing is because of whistle blowers he then considers a traitor? No.
-Would a progressive say he would be lenient on drug users and then go on to arrest more people for marijuana possession and close more medical marijuana dispensaries than Bush? No.
-Would a progressive bail out the banks with nearly zero interest and zero mandatory resignations? No.

Fantastic post, Mr. Shiranu.  I was going to point out a couple of those, but, your list was much more complete than I was going to.

Though you missed the fact that Obama has deported more illegals than Bush.

Also, I would like to add to the point about "Obamacare" being a Republican idea.  That just doesn't get enough press.  I don't know why Obama didn't point this out more.  But, what happened was, when Bill Clinton was president, Hilary was proposing single payer, and there was a Republican alternative proposed.  That alternative, for the most part, is Obamacare.

And, yeah, I find it hard to to paint Obama as a liberal when he kept Gates and Bernake, for starters...
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

SGOS

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"Also, I would like to add to the point about "Obamacare" being a Republican idea.  That just doesn't get enough press.  I don't know why Obama didn't point this out more.  But, what happened was, when Bill Clinton was president, Hilary was proposing single payer, and there was a Republican alternative proposed.  That alternative, for the most part, is Obamacare.
I remember when Hilary proposed a decent healthcare bill, and the Republicans came with that lame alternative.  I assumed it was just so that they could say they were also proposing an alternative so as not to seem purely obstructionist.  No one paid any attention to their proposal or took it seriously.  To reject the idea then, but now call it a landmark healthcare bill is hypocrisy.  It was crap then, and it's no better now that a Democrat passed it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Vote the Ryan/Perry ticket in 16.. much better.. :roll:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "Hydra009"Heh.  Politics in America:  brain or spine.  Pick one.

Fuck, you can't count on getting even one
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Shiranu"
Quote from: "mykcob4"You people calling Obama a repuke are just cynical. The "all politicians are corrupt" argument. You aren't realist as you claim, you're not even idealist, you're cynics!

No, it's not.

-Would a progressive say he would close Gitmo than not do it? No.

Now, do you want to continue that I am just being cynical and that Obama is not a conservative, or would you like me to continue to go down the list? Because I have a much longer list in favour of him being a conservative than you do a progressive and I am more than happy to use it.

But don't fucking come in here telling me why I do or don't like a candidate like I just mindlessly decided, "Hur dur, Obamaers a Republican!" because I am just some cynical, "All politicians are corrupt!" guy... because if you think that then you don't know a damn thing about me.
1) Obama just can't close Gitmo. He has to put those guys somewhere where they won't be a danger to the public it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Bush created a mess that Obama has to deal with.
2) Prove that torture is still going on. As far as I know it isn't.
3)Furman didn't create the economic mess and no one in the cabinet created the Bush created banking mess. You'll have to be specific and name names you don't just get a free pass and make wild accuzations.
4) Obama has been the most progressive and active president in history for gay rights in history. He can't just declare things and somehow they become law. He is fighting Governors, state legislators, and Congress on this issue.
5) Every president has authorized the execution of American citizens without trial and most of them did it legally. When a citizen joins a foriegn power in combat against the USA the President has every right to fight and kill that person. It's called war and the powers there in.
6) The use of drones is a valid military tactic. Truman used a nuclear bomb for crying out loud and he was as liberal and progressive as they come. FDR authorized carpet bombing.
7) The president doesn't need any judicial review for the use of drones because the president has full power as commander in chief to use what weapon at his/her disposal to carry out combat/war missions. Until anti-terrorim is declared a police matter and therefore a civil/criminal matter there is no justification or legal requirement for a judicial oversight.
8) You would not follow through on a good idea just because you think it came from conservatives? How shortsighted and stupid of you. The fact is that healthcare reform is a long standing PROGRESSIVE idea that some conservatives adopted.
9) Name one whistle blower that was tortured by this administration....you can't because it has never happened. There is a difference between a whistle blower and a person that just leaks sensative material.
10) Obama ordered a complete review and a policy change in the military concerning rape. It will take an act of Congress to remove jurisdiction of rape cases from commanders to a civil court. You saying Obama is doing nothing is just a flat out lie.
11) Now this one I tend to agree with you. I would abolish Homeland security because it does nothing not a thing. There are some parts of the Patriot act that are necessary, like declaring an act a terrorist act and therefore having more powers to deal with things faster and better but all in all the Patriot act needs to go.
12) The NSA is not and never was intended to be transparent. It IS regulated and overseen by both houses of Congress and needs judicial court orders for some of its actions ala FISO. Survalence of phone records WAS and IS authorized and making out that someone is hero just because the NSA carried out a legal secret operations is just wrong. You think this guy is just a "whistle blower"? He is selling secrets to China,....yeah he is such a patriot. Get a clue!
13) You'll have to prove tha Obama closed more dispenceries than Bush. Obama has closed dispenseries that have operated outside the law, but it's the LAW. Change the law, then you can bitch!
14) You say he has cut fed regulations and that is a misleading statement. Obama HAS streamlined some regulations, but he has reinstated, add and inforced regulations. Outdated regulations had to go, but new ones replaced them. Take offshore regulations that BUsh didn't even enforce. The old law only regulated the parent company not the services providers, so Obama changed those regulations to regulate all involved with offshore drilling.
15) The bank bailout saved this nation from a depression. It was an immediate step that worked. Obama reinstituted safeguards on banks and started inforcing laws that Bush just ignored. It will take Congress to actually do something about bank criminality.
16) This is subjective. Obama has actually cut millitary spending/ defense spending while expanding on benefits and military pay for the lower ranks. He increased money to the VA and various departments that deal with military personnel welfare. That isn't increasing the military budget, its taking care of the troops.
Don't bother with the rest of your list. I'm sure it is just as childish and misleading as the one you presented, full of cynical rhetoric, lies, and bullshit.
The truth is that Obama is one of the most Liberal Progressive presidents in history.
Lincoln, Teddy R., Wilson, FDR, Kennedy, LBJ., Carter, and Obama, all historic Liberal Progressive presidents. Yes I left out Clinton and facts prove that Clinton was as moderate as a president could get, much like Eisenhower was a republican that was a moderate.

Shiranu

Quote1) Obama just can't close Gitmo. He has to put those guys somewhere where they won't be a danger to the public it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Bush created a mess that Obama has to deal with.

Actually, he could. We have top-of-the-line prisons here in the U.S., some of the most sophisticated and well-guarded that you can find outside of China, North Korea or Iran. And it doesn't matter where he puts them, what matters is that he does THE RIGHT THING.

Added ontop of that, the people detained there have been denied their right to a trial and humane treatment, and I'm sorry... but Obama is the biggest criminal in this equation, not the people there.

Quote2) Prove that torture is still going on. As far as I know it isn't.

//http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/12/bradley-manning-cruel-inhuman-treatment-un

11 month period, isolated 23 hours a day. Forced to be stripped and not allowed to sleep. And he isn't even some terrorist... he is a fucking American citizen who exposed corruption.

//http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/31/obama-justice-department-immunity-bush-cia-torturer

Obama's justice department grants immunity to CIA torturers under Bush, meaning that if you torture someone with government consent you cannot be held responsible for your actions. This was OBAMA'S administration that said this, not Bush.

Just because Bush created a problem doesn't mean Obama has to therefor continue the problems.

Quote3)Furman didn't create the economic mess and no one in the cabinet created the Bush created banking mess. You'll have to be specific and name names you don't just get a free pass and make wild accuzations.

Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve, Bush appointee. Adopted by Obama. Terrible economist.

Tim Geithner, Secretary of the Treasury, a huge proponent of, "Let the banks regulate themselves, it's not government's place!". Not a progressive viewpoint in the least.

White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley (2011-2012) was a member of the Executive Committee of JPMorgan Chase, one of the banks that had to be bailed out. Conflict of interests much?

YOU don't get a free pass at saying Obama is a liberal either, so I want to see you put up or shut up after this.

Quote4) Obama has been the most progressive and active president in history for gay rights in history. He can't just declare things and somehow they become law. He is fighting Governors, state legislators, and Congress on this issue.

And again, this is something that makes him maybe a bar lower than Romney. But he has not made it a priority, and he has not fought hard enough for it.

Quote5) Every president has authorized the execution of American citizens without trial and most of them did it legally. When a citizen joins a foriegn power in combat against the USA the President has every right to fight and kill that person. It's called war and the powers there in.

Bull-fucking-shit. I would like examples of EVERY president authorizing the execution of American citizens without trial.

Also, the citizens he killed? They weren't in combat against the USA. One was a 16 year old boy who was collateral damage. Just because we are at war doesn't give him the god damned right to suspend habeas corpus and to do what ever the fuck he wants... we don't live in a dictatorship, we live in a fucking democracy which is SUPPOSE to value and respect the law.

The fact you are willing to support anyone, and say he is justified, who would suspend rights guaranteed specifically in the United States Constitution shows how little you actually care for what America is suppose to stand for. All you care about is being Obama's personal cheerleader and insisting he can never do anything wrong, because he is a Democrat and they are the good guys!

Quote6) The use of drones is a valid military tactic. Truman used a nuclear bomb for crying out loud and he was as liberal and progressive as they come. FDR authorized carpet bombing.

Yes, and to this day Truman's tactic is heavily criticized for the fact that it was a blatant human rights violation. FDR also threw tens of thousands of Japanese into internment camps where they were treated like shit. You think because I am a liberal or progressive I should therefor say, "Yes sir, Mr. Truman sir, I support you no matter what you do! Yes Sir, Mr. FDR sir, I support you no matter what you do!"?

It doesn't fucking work like that. Just because someone is "on your side" means they cant be called out on their shit. I think that is something YOU need to learn.

Quote7) The president doesn't need any judicial review for the use of drones because the president has full power as commander in chief to use what weapon at his/her disposal to carry out combat/war missions. Until anti-terrorim is declared a police matter and therefore a civil/criminal matter there is no justification or legal requirement for a judicial oversight.

[youtube:3dio55l1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcK6HsOoEc[/youtube:3dio55l1]

This was posted in September of last year. The numbers have continued to climb.

At least 884 civilians killed, 176 of them were children. As for militants, we don't know who we are shooting so we don't know how many were actual militants and how many were wrongly targeted. But the Obama administration refuses to take people off the militant list unless they can prove they weren't... which is unfortunate, because HE ALREADY KILLED THEM.

Note: These civilians were NOT in combat zones, nor actively engaged in combat activities. They were simply ASSUMED to be POSSIBLE combatants, and so we dispatched them. I have no problem with drones on the battlefield; what I DO have a problem with is drones blowing up people's homes in a country we are not even at war with.

This doesn't have to do with anti-terrorism, this has to do with US becoming the terrorists. We fire at targets we don't know are terrorists (signature strikes), and then kill many civilians in the process. How is that any better than what "real " terrorists groups do?

Quote8) You would not follow through on a good idea just because you think it came from conservatives? How shortsighted and stupid of you. The fact is that healthcare reform is a long standing PROGRESSIVE idea that some conservatives adopted.

BECAUSE IT IS NOT A FUCKING PROGRESSIVE IDEA! Jesus fucking H. Christ, how god damned thick are you? This shit has been pointed out multiple times for you so I am not going to even both posting it again.

Quote9) Name one whistle blower that was tortured by this administration....you can't because it has never happened. There is a difference between a whistle blower and a person that just leaks sensative material.

Bradly Manning.

Sure, there is a difference... it depends on who you ask and who's agenda you are trying to fulfill. Just like Snowden is a traitor to the United States of America, amirite?

QuoteDon't bother with the rest of your list. I'm sure it is just as childish and misleading as the one you presented, full of cynical rhetoric, lies, and bullshit.

Yeah, and I'm fucking done with your rebuttals because they are RUBBISH and prove you are NOT a progressive or a liberal but a Republican who cant admit it to himself.

You fucking come in here with your shitty ass attitude, fucking tell me how I am a progressive so I should get on my knees and suck Obama's cock because he is "SOOOOO PROGRESSIVE", and when presented with evidence to the contrary you continue to insult me and offer no evidence that he is.

So with that said, go fuck yourself. You don't know jack shit about what being a progressive is, and don't you dare fucking come in here telling me that because I am a progressive I should therefor love anything Obama ever does because he is on my side and its wrong to be against people on his side. You are just as much a conservative as Obama, its just that in America we are so far to the right that it looks progressive.

-------------
(Sorry guys, I tried to get through that list before I lost my cool, but fucking Christ this guy is dense...)
-------------
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

WitchSabrina

I'm pretty sure the Obama Cheerleader award goes to me.

You aren't wrong in all your assessments - I'd never say that.  But I still like Obama.
Maybe I'm racist and like him because he is bi-racial and I'm soooo proud that our country managed to take that step.
Also........
I do like his list of accomplishments - which I've run on this forum more than once.  So I won't do it again.  It's fairly easy google info for anyone who wants to read for themselves Obama's accomplishments since taking office.

(and I do not type this, Shiranu, in order to make an argument with you.  k?  :) )
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

Quote(and I do not type this, Shiranu, in order to make an argument with you. k?   )

You don't insult me for disliking Obama's policy (I personally like him as well, hence the reason I voted for him as well... partly for the same reason), which is what really gets me pissed off at this guy. And I don't think you make excuses for him killing civilians and torturing whistle blowers either, which is what pushed me over the edge.

I don't have a problem with anyone liking him for what he has done right, so long as you don't try and use that as an excuse to say he has never done anything wrong or that I should therefor never disagree with him because I agree with him on a few issues.

WitchSabrina

Quote(and I do not type this, Shiranu, in order to make an argument with you. k?   )

You don't insult me for disliking Obama's policy (I personally like him as well, hence the reason I voted for him as well... partly for the same reason), which is what really gets me pissed off at this guy. And I don't think you make excuses for him killing civilians and torturing whistle blowers either, which is what pushed me over the edge.

I don't have a problem with anyone liking him for what he has done right, so long as you don't try and use that as an excuse to say he has never done anything wrong or that I should therefor never disagree with him because I agree with him on a few issues.

Actually, I'm pleased as punch as they say that Obama got a second term.  Now......... what he's going to get Done with that second term is still to be seen. He's disappointed me more than a few times.  And I was really hoping with the second term and a real "nothing to lose" attitude he'd turn this fucking place on it's ear.  But.........  it appears he may have plans for more politics in the future for he's still holding his cards close to his chest.   No....... Obama hasn't been the hero of my dreams president-wise ----  but I still wear the cheer leading costume and wave the pom-poms just in case he breaks loose.
The front panel of my uniform still has a big *O* But the back side of my costume now reads WTF O ?  Get it Done!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Smartmarzipan

Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

mykcob4

Quote1) Obama just can't close Gitmo. He has to put those guys somewhere where they won't be a danger to the public it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Bush created a mess that Obama has to deal with.

Actually, he could. We have top-of-the-line prisons here in the U.S., some of the most sophisticated and well-guarded that you can find outside of China, North Korea or Iran. And it doesn't matter where he puts them, what matters is that he does THE RIGHT THING.

Added ontop of that, the people detained there have been denied their right to a trial and humane treatment, and I'm sorry... but Obama is the biggest criminal in this equation, not the people there.

Quote2) Prove that torture is still going on. As far as I know it isn't.

//http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/12/bradley-manning-cruel-inhuman-treatment-un

11 month period, isolated 23 hours a day. Forced to be stripped and not allowed to sleep. And he isn't even some terrorist... he is a fucking American citizen who exposed corruption.

//http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/31/obama-justice-department-immunity-bush-cia-torturer

Obama's justice department grants immunity to CIA torturers under Bush, meaning that if you torture someone with government consent you cannot be held responsible for your actions. This was OBAMA'S administration that said this, not Bush.

Just because Bush created a problem doesn't mean Obama has to therefor continue the problems.

Quote3)Furman didn't create the economic mess and no one in the cabinet created the Bush created banking mess. You'll have to be specific and name names you don't just get a free pass and make wild accuzations.

Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve, Bush appointee. Adopted by Obama. Terrible economist.

Tim Geithner, Secretary of the Treasury, a huge proponent of, "Let the banks regulate themselves, it's not government's place!". Not a progressive viewpoint in the least.

White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley (2011-2012) was a member of the Executive Committee of JPMorgan Chase, one of the banks that had to be bailed out. Conflict of interests much?

YOU don't get a free pass at saying Obama is a liberal either, so I want to see you put up or shut up after this.

Quote4) Obama has been the most progressive and active president in history for gay rights in history. He can't just declare things and somehow they become law. He is fighting Governors, state legislators, and Congress on this issue.

And again, this is something that makes him maybe a bar lower than Romney. But he has not made it a priority, and he has not fought hard enough for it.

Quote5) Every president has authorized the execution of American citizens without trial and most of them did it legally. When a citizen joins a foriegn power in combat against the USA the President has every right to fight and kill that person. It's called war and the powers there in.

Bull-fucking-shit. I would like examples of EVERY president authorizing the execution of American citizens without trial.

Also, the citizens he killed? They weren't in combat against the USA. One was a 16 year old boy who was collateral damage. Just because we are at war doesn't give him the god damned right to suspend habeas corpus and to do what ever the fuck he wants... we don't live in a dictatorship, we live in a fucking democracy which is SUPPOSE to value and respect the law.

The fact you are willing to support anyone, and say he is justified, who would suspend rights guaranteed specifically in the United States Constitution shows how little you actually care for what America is suppose to stand for. All you care about is being Obama's personal cheerleader and insisting he can never do anything wrong, because he is a Democrat and they are the good guys!

Quote6) The use of drones is a valid military tactic. Truman used a nuclear bomb for crying out loud and he was as liberal and progressive as they come. FDR authorized carpet bombing.

Yes, and to this day Truman's tactic is heavily criticized for the fact that it was a blatant human rights violation. FDR also threw tens of thousands of Japanese into internment camps where they were treated like shit. You think because I am a liberal or progressive I should therefor say, "Yes sir, Mr. Truman sir, I support you no matter what you do! Yes Sir, Mr. FDR sir, I support you no matter what you do!"?

It doesn't fucking work like that. Just because someone is "on your side" means they cant be called out on their shit. I think that is something YOU need to learn.

Quote7) The president doesn't need any judicial review for the use of drones because the president has full power as commander in chief to use what weapon at his/her disposal to carry out combat/war missions. Until anti-terrorim is declared a police matter and therefore a civil/criminal matter there is no justification or legal requirement for a judicial oversight.

[youtube:f53j20ia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOcK6HsOoEc[/youtube:f53j20ia]

This was posted in September of last year. The numbers have continued to climb.

At least 884 civilians killed, 176 of them were children. As for militants, we don't know who we are shooting so we don't know how many were actual militants and how many were wrongly targeted. But the Obama administration refuses to take people off the militant list unless they can prove they weren't... which is unfortunate, because HE ALREADY KILLED THEM.

Note: These civilians were NOT in combat zones, nor actively engaged in combat activities. They were simply ASSUMED to be POSSIBLE combatants, and so we dispatched them. I have no problem with drones on the battlefield; what I DO have a problem with is drones blowing up people's homes in a country we are not even at war with.

This doesn't have to do with anti-terrorism, this has to do with US becoming the terrorists. We fire at targets we don't know are terrorists (signature strikes), and then kill many civilians in the process. How is that any better than what "real " terrorists groups do?

Quote8) You would not follow through on a good idea just because you think it came from conservatives? How shortsighted and stupid of you. The fact is that healthcare reform is a long standing PROGRESSIVE idea that some conservatives adopted.

BECAUSE IT IS NOT A FUCKING PROGRESSIVE IDEA! Jesus fucking H. Christ, how god damned thick are you? This shit has been pointed out multiple times for you so I am not going to even both posting it again.

Quote9) Name one whistle blower that was tortured by this administration....you can't because it has never happened. There is a difference between a whistle blower and a person that just leaks sensative material.

Bradly Manning.

Sure, there is a difference... it depends on who you ask and who's agenda you are trying to fulfill. Just like Snowden is a traitor to the United States of America, amirite?

QuoteDon't bother with the rest of your list. I'm sure it is just as childish and misleading as the one you presented, full of cynical rhetoric, lies, and bullshit.

Yeah, and I'm fucking done with your rebuttals because they are RUBBISH and prove you are NOT a progressive or a liberal but a Republican who cant admit it to himself.

[ Image ]

You fucking come in here with your shitty ass attitude, fucking tell me how I am a progressive so I should get on my knees and suck Obama's cock because he is "SOOOOO PROGRESSIVE", and when presented with evidence to the contrary you continue to insult me and offer no evidence that he is.

So with that said, go fuck yourself. You don't know jack shit about what being a progressive is, and don't you dare fucking come in here telling me that because I am a progressive I should therefor love anything Obama ever does because he is on my side and its wrong to be against people on his side. You are just as much a conservative as Obama, its just that in America we are so far to the right that it looks progressive.

-------------
(Sorry guys, I tried to get through that list before I lost my cool, but fucking Christ this guy is dense...)
-------------
I'm dense?!!! What a crock. You rewrite the crap that the guardian a heavy rightwing rag writes and you call ME dense....how fucking stupid of you!
Firts of all I didn't in any way shape or form tell you to "suck Obama's dick!"
You started this thread with a chip on your sholder and don't want to read the facts nor listen to anything that might counter YOUR opinion.
Funny how you post torture deaths by Bush and blame them on Obama. Bradley Manning broke the law, the people that abused him broke the law and guess what moron they are being prsecuted for it!!!!
The drone argument is so out of whack it isn't even funny. It is a valid military tactic and the law says so. It isn't even under ANY judicial review obligation. NOt even international court scrutiny.
As for moving Gitmo inmates to US prisons it isn't as easy as you think it is. 1st you have to reclassify them to civil criminals. That means letting them go arresting them and trying them in civilian court. That would take an act of Congress dumbass!
Berneke, Geitner, Daley, have held posistions in the free market but their actions were not the ones that caused the economic melt down. In fact it was Geitner that said "Banks must be held accountible for crossing over into unregulated speculation."
Snow was tha main culprit from the Bush administration goofball. He came right from Enron and Goldman Sachs. Ms. Gramm, Phil Gramm's wife was appointed by Bush to head the SEC and she essentially shut down the department.
Health care was and is a progressive idea idiot. It was started by none other than Al Smith in the 30s.
All your assurtions come right out of the FOX playbook. It's crap.
Obama doesn't enguage in rendition nor does he target non terrorist or combatants, he doesn't torture.
You are wildly looking for a conspiracy that isn't there. Who are you really  Darrell Issa?
You act as if habeas corpus applies to everyone everywhere. It doesn't! When American citizens join a foriegn power or terrorist organization against the USA they forfeit their citizenship. They are a FORIEGN ENEMY! The rules or war apply NOT the Constitution.
And just where do you think the war on terror is being fought? Yemen doesn't even have a government(Not a real or recognized on ) to declare war against!
So you can cram your litlle flaming rants where the sun don't shine!
Get an education!

Shiranu

QuoteI'm dense?!!! What a crock. You rewrite the crap that the guardian a heavy rightwing rag writes and you call ME dense....how fucking stupid of you!

I'm sorry, because you don't like the source the information is therefor invalidated? He did what he did, regardless of what site I pull it from.

QuoteFunny how you post torture deaths by Bush and blame them on Obama. Bradley Manning broke the law, the people that abused him broke the law and guess what moron they are being prsecuted for it!!!!

No, I posted Obama saying IT WAS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE WHAT THEY DID. You might want to learn how to read before you try to talk shit. And they are? That's funny, because all I see is Bradly Manning finally getting a trial to see if he gets life in jail, not, "Did the people who torture him commit a crime?".

QuoteThe drone argument is so out of whack it isn't even funny. It is a valid military tactic and the law says so. It isn't even under ANY judicial review obligation. NOt even international court scrutiny.

So you continue to admit the Constitution doesn't mean jack shit or that you don't care about Obama murdering civilians. Cool.

QuoteAs for moving Gitmo inmates to US prisons it isn't as easy as you think it is. 1st you have to reclassify them to civil criminals. That means letting them go arresting them and trying them in civilian court. That would take an act of Congress dumbass!

Again, irrelevant. It isn't about the prisoners, its about doing the right thing.

QuoteHealth care was and is a progressive idea idiot. It was started by none other than Al Smith in the 30s.

Already been shot down, please try again.

QuoteAll your assurtions come right out of the FOX playbook. It's crap.

Is Fox the new boogieman for Democrats? I guess Republicans can accuse anyone who disagrees with them "terrorists", so the Democrats had to have some scapegoat to blame all their problems on and not accept when they are wrong.

QuoteObama doesn't enguage in rendition nor does he target non terrorist or combatants, he doesn't torture.

So what part of targeting POSSIBLE targets in Pakistan who might POSSIBLY linked SOMEWAY to POSSIBLE terrorist groups, without confirming their identity, is not targeting non-terrorists or combatants? And are you claiming then that those 176 children were combatants, you sick fuck?

Sure, he doesn't torture. Except when he does.

QuoteYou act as if habeas corpus applies to everyone everywhere. It doesn't! When American citizens join a foriegn power or terrorist organization against the USA they forfeit their citizenship. They are a FORIEGN ENEMY! The rules or war apply NOT the Constitution.

That's a nice way of saying you wipe your ass with the Constitution and civil liberties because "ZOMG THE TERRORISTS ARE OUT TO GET US!".

You fucking coward.

QuoteGet an education!

I have one, and am working on expanding it. That is also irrelevant to the topic at hand. What is your excuse for being so unaware of reality?