The coming civil war in South Africa

Started by pr126, March 23, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Remember when there was apartheid in South Africa and the world was in an uproar to stop it.

Apartheid has returned. Not much noise about it this time. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAI9SmpePno&t=325s

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 23, 2018, 12:58:21 PM
Remember when there was apartheid in South Africa and the world was in an uproar to stop it.

Apartheid has returned. Not much noise about it this time. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAI9SmpePno&t=325s

I didn't agree with it then, and I don't agree with it now.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Makes it seem like all the good work Mandela did was wasted.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2018, 04:15:42 PM
Makes it seem like all the good work Mandela did was wasted.

Civil strife usually results in one side or the other going to far in their direction.  Sad but true.

Baruch

Australia has offered help to White S African refugees ... SA government responded that Australia is racist.

Sorry, Black folk are just as stupid as White folk.  Poor folk are just as stupid as rich folk.  And African folk are just as stupid as N American folk.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

South Africa, as a post-apartheid democracy, is years younger than I am. And while legal oppression of the African population (as well as the sizable Indian and mixed population) has been overturned, in practice white South Africans still enjoy many legal and social benefits that minorities do not.

I don't think you can paint either side as the good guys in this; when you have politicians on one side saying that the opponent needs to be exterminated like Hitler did to the Jews, and politicians on the other side saying they are a bunch of monkeys (and other racial slurs) who just live in trash and want free hand outs (while continuing social programs and norms that benefit the white community at the cost of the African community, or refusing to recognize that the land WAS "legally" stolen during appartheid and should belong to Africans, making the tension even worse)... fuck both sides.

For your question pr, why it's not being discussed...

Appartheid has not returned; there were good guys and there were bad guys during appartheid, and that division was extremely clear. This is bad guy vs bad guy, why would we want to join either?

Edit: So watched the video, and realised it only wants to talk about how one side is the villain without showing how terrible the other side has been as well. Surprise, surprise.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Draconic Aiur

Hope it will not turn out like when Russia overthrew their monarchy.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 23, 2018, 07:53:17 PM
Hope it will not turn out like when Russia overthrew their monarchy.

These are the people, who used to burn people alive, in tire burnings, in Soweto.  They don't have a Siberia, so yes, any political opponents ... however convenient rather than guilty, will be exterminated, same as Zimbabwe or Uganda.  People are a violent species, not just Africans.  Because we don't have people as desperate in most places in N America, we only seem peaceful.  But we are just one spark away from a race war or civil war ourselves.

Mandela was a remarkable person, so was Bishop Tutu.  But statesmen are rare.  Usually we have to make do with craven politicians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on March 23, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
South Africa, as a post-apartheid democracy, is years younger than I am. And while legal oppression of the African population (as well as the sizable Indian and mixed population) has been overturned, in practice white South Africans still enjoy many legal and social benefits that minorities do not.

I don't think you can paint either side as the good guys in this; when you have politicians on one side saying that the opponent needs to be exterminated like Hitler did to the Jews, and politicians on the other side saying they are a bunch of monkeys (and other racial slurs) who just live in trash and want free hand outs (while continuing social programs and norms that benefit the white community at the cost of the African community, or refusing to recognize that the land WAS "legally" stolen during appartheid and should belong to Africans, making the tension even worse)... fuck both sides.

For your question pr, why it's not being discussed...

Appartheid has not returned; there were good guys and there were bad guys during appartheid, and that division was extremely clear. This is bad guy vs bad guy, why would we want to join either?

Edit: So watched the video, and realised it only wants to talk about how one side is the villain without showing how terrible the other side has been as well. Surprise, surprise.

Tell that to the reverse survivors (who had it coming)...

Rule #1, never be the last person out of the colony!

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 10:37:35 PM
These are the people, who used to burn people alive, in tire burnings, in Soweto.  They don't have a Siberia, so yes, any political opponents ... however convenient rather than guilty, will be exterminated, same as Zimbabwe or Uganda.  People are a violent species, not just Africans.  Because we don't have people as desperate in most places in N America, we only seem peaceful.  But we are just one spark away from a race war or civil war ourselves.

Mandela was a remarkable person, so was Bishop Tutu.  But statesmen are rare.  Usually we have to make do with craven politicians.

True however Africa has the most shit going on to be labeled a "hell hole".

And I thought maybe on African country is doing better and got disappointed.

Shiranu

74% of land is owned by Whites... only 4% is owned by Africans. Africans however make up 80% of the population.

Again, I think both sides are in the wrong, but you can understand where the tension that allows this problem to fester when you see numbers like that. South Africa is ranked as one of the most unequal countries in the world, right up their with those in South/Central Africa and China (and worse than what you find in South America).

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 24, 2018, 12:07:57 AM
True however Africa has the most shit going on to be labeled a "hell hole".

And I thought maybe on African country is doing better and got disappointed.

White colonization was over 50 years ago, Chinese colonization has come.  Will the Chinese do any better at sucking all the minerals out of Africa?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 24, 2018, 01:20:53 AM
74% of land is owned by Whites... only 4% is owned by Africans. Africans however make up 80% of the population.

Again, I think both sides are in the wrong, but you can understand where the tension that allows this problem to fester when you see numbers like that. South Africa is ranked as one of the most unequal countries in the world, right up their with those in South/Central Africa and China (and worse than what you find in South America).

Even if they were all Black, the Zulu want it all ... Shaka Zulu ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF4ashlsC0s

Think Apaches!  The real Wakanda (I say that with respect, Shaka was a state founder 200 years ago).  Just as I respect Native Americans too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on March 24, 2018, 01:20:53 AM

I disagree.  With about 15.6 million households in South Africa at present, and the number of households having grown faster than the population for some time now, it is clear that between 38% and 46% of households live in homes that have been built since 1994.

“With white families only making up 10% of all households, they could not be living in all the new houses built â€" even if not one of them had their own house in 1994, which was certainly not the case.”