TAKE IN A BIG BREATH AND TASTE THE POLICE-STATE BOYS

Started by Gilgamesh, March 20, 2018, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 21, 2018, 05:02:28 AM
Anyone to the right of Karl Marx is a dissident.

I actually have to consider the idea that you are just joking...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2018, 11:34:46 AM
The GOP declared we were going into a police state when FDR announced the WPA. Nothing much has changed since then.

So you desire that really poor kids of poor families should just starve to death then?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 02:23:36 AM
So you desire that really poor kids of poor families should just starve to death then?

Gawdzilla is pro-FDR, anti-Republican.  But he gives FDR more credit than he deserves, and is a fanatic.  He is not in favor of starving children to death, he never said that.  Gilgamesh might be that reactionary though?

Fact is, children will be malnourished and some will starve to death (as will some adults).  Head Start is an attempt to do something about that, and EIC is too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:35:48 AM
Gawdzilla is pro-FDR, anti-Republican.  But he gives FDR more credit than he deserves, and is a fanatic.  He is not in favor of starving children to death, he never said that.  Gilgamesh might be that reactionary though?

Fact is, children will be malnourished and some will starve to death (as will some adults).  Head Start is an attempt to do something about that, and EIC is too.

Oops, wrong quote.  My apologies Gawdzilla. 

And thank you Baruch.  You keep up sensible posts and I will take you off "ignore". 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 04:20:57 PM
Oops, wrong quote.  My apologies Gawdzilla. 

And thank you Baruch.  You keep up sensible posts and I will take you off "ignore".

You have always mistaken me as a conservative, as a Republican.  I am anything but.  I am just not confused by D-party changelings.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:22:53 PM
You have always mistaken me as a conservative, as a Republican.  I am anything but.  I am just hot confused by D-party changelings.

"Hot confused" is certainly difficult.  But I'm serious, you keep making sensible posts and you will be off my ignore list.  But you have to do it first.

And I was asked to respond to this...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 11:26:25 PM
"Hot confused" is certainly difficult.  But I'm serious, you keep making sensible posts and you will be off my ignore list.  But you have to do it first.

And I was asked to respond to this...

People enjoy our sparring.  As General Maximus says in Gladiator ... "are you amused"!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:35:48 AM
Gawdzilla is pro-FDR, anti-Republican.  But he gives FDR more credit than he deserves, and is a fanatic
Stop chewing on your hemorrhoids and show where I do that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2018, 11:34:46 AM
The GOP declared we were going into a police state when FDR announced the WPA. Nothing much has changed since then.

I am not assuming you are anti-FDR or anti-WPA.  My grandfather was CCC.  But the GOP actually declared that FDR was a Bolshevik, because while a wealthy scion himself, he didn't feel like killing and eating the poor, unlike Andrew Mellon (as told by Hoover).  More likely the anti-poor view was from Hoover himself, as he was also harsh to the Bonus March ... put down by Gen McArthur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Mellon ... seems a pretty typical Republican of his time.  He seems guilty of typical poor judgement.

Usually people who complain about the heavy hand of the GOP (successor to Whigs, successor to Federalists) are Southern gentlemen ;-)

The fate of the original Occupy movement ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Maj Patton and Maj Eisenhower were involved.  This negative publicity explains part of the press hatred of Patton.  Eisenhower kept a lower profile always, the opposite of his old boss, Gen McArthur.  Fanatic conservative elements felt that any effort to unseat Hoover was a communist conspiracy.  And that led to the attempted assassination and planned coup.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Now why did I already know the cuffs wouldn't match the collar.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 24, 2018, 01:44:34 PM
Now why did I already know the cuffs wouldn't match the collar.

I mean mania as in ... you really like a particular subject ... sorry if you had hurt feelings.  WW II is very interesting for example ... and controversial, there is nothing in politics or war that isn't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 24, 2018, 12:46:13 PM
Stop chewing on your hemorrhoids and show where I do that.

"Chewing on your hemmorroids"?  That is outstanding!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2018, 08:54:10 PM
"Chewing on your hemmorroids"?  That is outstanding!

I think he was thinking of the famous picture of a guy so flexible, he has his own head up his own ass.  And no, hemorrhoids aren't a laughing matter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.