CNN character assassination of Snowden

Started by Nonsensei, June 17, 2013, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

In the 7:00 EST show on CNN some 25 year old news anchor woman I never saw before hosted a lengthy segment dedicated to the assassination of Snowden's character. It began with a talking head session featuring the young anchor, a representative of the Obama administration, and a republican political operative. They got together to discuss whether or not Obama flip flopped on one of his campaign promises to end illegal wire tapping. There was some back and forth, but the overall point was to show viewers that Democrats, Republicans, and apparently CNN have absolutely no problem with what Obama is doing and that the only possible issue is whether or not he is a hypocrite.

The show then moved on to a discussion with an Obama administration representative to discuss the "certainty" that Snowden is a secret Chinese operative. Among the brilliant commentary was the careful dissection of his most recent message, with the young anchor being sure to let the nation know that the phrase "petting a phoenix" is apparently racist. The representative and the anchor then got down to the business of reporting pure supposition, implying that Snowden was giving interviews at the behest of Chinese intelligence, despite having absolutely no evidence to that effect whatsoever other than the fact that he went to Beijing. The overall point of the segment was to make sure the viewer understood that Snowden was a traitor to the United States for blowing a whistle on the unlawful activities of the Obama administration.

With this, I am finished with the Democratic party. This is the reaction of leftist news sources? Everything is OK and the man who had the balls to do what most of the rest of us could never imagine doing is a traitor? For doing a service to the American people? What I saw on the television today actually made my physically ill.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pato15

Not to make light of what happened to Snowden, as I do think it's a disgrace, but "petting the phoenix" has just become my new go-to euphemism for masturbation.
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

AllPurposeAtheist

It's network news. Did you REALLY expect any different? AS IF the republicans would do any different..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

QuoteWith this, I am finished with the Democratic party. This is the reaction of leftist news sources? Everything is OK and the man who had the balls to do what most of the rest of us could never imagine doing is a traitor? For doing a service to the American people? What I saw on the television today actually made my physically ill.

I wouldn't say all Democrats, but the good majority of them (expecially Obama), are Republican-lite.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: "Nonsensei"The show then moved on to a discussion with an Obama administration representative to discuss the "certainty" that Snowden is a secret Chinese operative. Among the brilliant commentary was the careful dissection of his most recent message, with the young anchor being sure to let the nation know that the phrase "petting a phoenix" is apparently racist. The representative and the anchor then got down to the business of reporting pure supposition, implying that Snowden was giving interviews at the behest of Chinese intelligence, despite having absolutely no evidence to that effect whatsoever other than the fact that he went to Beijing. The overall point of the segment was to make sure the viewer understood that Snowden was a traitor to the United States for blowing a whistle on the unlawful activities of the Obama administration.
A government official misleading the public with the aid of network media.  What else is new?

Plu

SGOS

CNN is supposed to be the most politically unaffiliated network in the US.  That's great, but it sounds like they still need to ease off on making up bullshit.

SGOS

I have no great love for the Democratic Party, and at the moment I don't feel the need to defend or detract, but I'm finding I have an axe to grind with CNN.  I wish I could have been there to see this episode so I had a better grasp of what sounds bizarre from your description.

Smartmarzipan

The other day I looked up his name on Google News and was met with page after page of articles from major news sources discrediting every little thing about him.

Today it's all about his extradition, but the other day....damn. Every article was "Does he even know what the hell he's talking about?"
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Plu"Time to start voting independant?

PLEEEEEASEEEE, people....start doing this.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges