How you know the GOP has moved too far to the right

Started by trdsf, March 21, 2018, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2018, 01:08:56 PM
Every Democrat before about 1980 who said "I'm not a racist, but ..."

Americans are assholes.  Get over ourselves already.  Stop partisan virtue signaling.  Admit you would sell your mother to a whorehouse for an iPhoneX.

How many decades ago was the 80s again?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

It's a surreal feeling when I visit the one of the few places I go to that still have users who identify with either of the american parties. Stuck where 90% of the rest are, squabbling amongst each other precisely as the parties want you too, "I'm a republican/democrat and I'm sure glad I'm not as stupid at the democrat/republicans!"

Blackleaf

What I find surreal is how anyone can look at Trump and the Nazis and day, "Nope. I see nothing wrong with this. Both parties are equally as bad."
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 04:53:06 PM
What I find surreal is how anyone can look at Trump and the Nazis and day, "Nope. I see nothing wrong with this. Both parties are equally as bad."

Do you think you're the first person in history to demonise your political opponents so you can justify a pure and malicious hatred of them?

Though they're not equally as bad, in fact. democrats are magnitudes worse than republicans. Both parties are for unquestioning retards, certainly, and still the preceding is true.

Judging politics is easy. Do you want to grow the government? Bad - you are an authoritarian retard. Do you want small government? Good - liberty of the individual must be preserved under any just system of government.

The democrats are the more oppressive authoritarians relative to the republicans.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 05:06:31 PM
Do you think you're the first person in history to demonise your political opponents so you can justify a pure and malicious hatred of them?

Though they're not equally as bad, in fact. democrats are magnitudes worse than republicans. Both parties are for unquestioning retards, certainly, and still the preceding is true.

Judging politics is easy. Do you want to grow the government? Bad - you are an authoritarian retard. Do you want small government? Good - liberty of the individual must be preserved under any just system of government.

The democrats are the more oppressive authoritarians relative to the republicans.

Oh, you're right. I'm sure those Nazis are really nice people once you get to know them. Democrats are more oppressive authoritarians? Excuse me? Which side is using religion as a basis for political decisions? Which one wants to make gay marriage and abortion illegal? Which one wants to teach Creationism in public school? Give me a fucking break.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

lol, keep telling yourself that.  Maybe one day, you'll fool somebody else as badly as you've fooled yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/05/10/how-authoritarianism-is-shaping-american-politics-and-its-not-just-about-trump/

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 06:39:08 PM
Oh, you're right. I'm sure those Nazis are really nice people once you get to know them. Democrats are more oppressive authoritarians? Excuse me? Which side is using religion as a basis for political decisions? Which one wants to make gay marriage and abortion illegal? Which one wants to teach Creationism in public school? Give me a fucking break.

Some republicans want to do all or some of those things.

And yet still democrats have bigger plans for government.

Also stop calling republicans nazis it makes you look like a literal retard.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 09, 2018, 07:04:25 PM
lol, keep telling yourself that.  Maybe one day, you'll fool somebody else as badly as you've fooled yourself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/05/10/how-authoritarianism-is-shaping-american-politics-and-its-not-just-about-trump/

In your own words tell me what the underlying message was of that article. Before you do, look up the word, 'equivocation.'

Blackleaf

Gilgamesh, I don't know if you remember, but when I first got here I came as fresh out of faith. I no longer Christian, but I was still sympathetic to those who were. My politics were still right of center until Trump, when I'd seen the Republican party for what it really was. It wasn't Democrats who turned me against Republicans. Republicans turned me against Republicans. If you really think Democrats are worse than Republicans, you clearly don't live in the South, where Republicans have power, and where racists proudly fly their Confederate flags in their front yards.
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 08:03:37 PM
If you really think Democrats are worse than Republicans, you clearly don't live in the South, where Republicans have power, and where racists proudly fly their Confederate flags in their front yards.

Rather, one can acknowledge braindead cousin-fucking redneck retards, and one can acknowledge actors of insidiousness and subversiveness casting their influence from within the bright ivory towers of 'moral' and 'intellectual' authority, and come to a conclusion that the latter is more harmful - in large part precisely because they are more influential

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 07:56:44 PM
In your own words tell me what the underlying message was of that article. Before you do, look up the word, 'equivocation.'
Or...wild idea, hear me out...you could just read a couple paragraphs.  Or more, if you're feeling up to it.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 08:10:43 PM
Rather, one can acknowledge braindead cousin-fucking redneck retards, and one can acknowledge actors of insidiousness and subversiveness casting their influence from within the bright ivory towers of 'moral' and 'intellectual' authority, and come to a conclusion that the latter is more harmful - in large part precisely because they are more influential

Democrats are the most influential? What country are you living in? Which party has the most seats in government? Which one has the majority in all three branches of the federal government? And Christian fundamentalists, who are the most powerful religious groups in America, which party do they almost unanimously approve of while considering the other to literally be serving Satan? Do you live in some fantasy world?
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 09, 2018, 08:16:46 PM
Or...wild idea, hear me out...you could just read a couple paragraphs.  Or more, if you're feeling up to it.

I read through it. It was a skim. That I didn't read it wasn't the basis for my request (and I did read it.)

So if you feel so inclined, fulfill it. It may lead to a learning experience.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

There is no equality.  Both being bad, doesn't make them equal.  They are bad in different ways.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Democrats .. once slavers, always slavers.

Republicans .. once landlords, always landlords.

Fuck them both to hell (ideologically, not personally).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.