How you know the GOP has moved too far to the right

Started by trdsf, March 21, 2018, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 11:17:54 PM
Trump/Cheney/Stalin/Boltin wants a war, a war we will get,  Stock up your omb shelter, pack your knapsacks and decide where to survive.

I.m downwind of Washington DC.  If we get bombed, that's target #1.  My only chance to survive THAT is to head for the lower Appallacians. And ya know something?  I won't abandon the cats.  I may need the mice they catch.
Alas, Babylon.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 24, 2018, 12:47:12 PM
Alas, Babylon.

Babylon on the Potomac, on the Thames, on the Seine, on the Tiber ... all great whores.  If they keep this up, then someday ... they will be like Nineveh and Babylon.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Trump/Cheney/Stalin/Boltin wants a war, a war we will get,  Stock up your omb shelter, pack your knapsacks and decide where to survive.
I plan on checking out Atlanta, then head to DC.  Maybe get some sorghum seeds.

Unbeliever

I'm not at all sure I'd want to live in the aftermath of such a war, I think I'd rather just go to my eternal rest.

I think the reason the ultra-wealthy want to have a major war is to decrease the number of poor people on the planet - people like me. I'm sure they believe that all of us poor people are the ones who are ruining their planet, so getting rid of us would enable them to live even better than they do now. They won't need working class people any more, since they'll have the technology to replace them, and robots don't go on strike for higher wages, or better working conditions.

So I fully expect them to use war as a means of population control, as they've done in the past. Of course, they never say that's their reason, but only because they don't want to divulge their true motivation.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Draconic Aiur

When they label liberals as snowflakes and stuff their pockets on NRA's bribery money.

Gawdzilla Sama

When they do Public Service Announcements on NRA TV
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 24, 2018, 03:13:40 PM
I'm not at all sure I'd want to live in the aftermath of such a war, I think I'd rather just go to my eternal rest.

I think the reason the ultra-wealthy want to have a major war is to decrease the number of poor people on the planet - people like me. I'm sure they believe that all of us poor people are the ones who are ruining their planet, so getting rid of us would enable them to live even better than they do now. They won't need working class people any more, since they'll have the technology to replace them, and robots don't go on strike for higher wages, or better working conditions.

So I fully expect them to use war as a means of population control, as they've done in the past. Of course, they never say that's their reason, but only because they don't want to divulge their true motivation.

I've seriously considered that, but the challenge of recreating society also interests me.  I'm willing to die naturally in my old age, but I'm not there yet, ya know?  As strange as it might seem, I've read enough hard si-fi that might have actually taught me a few things.  And I don't mean survivalist tactics of hoew to kill everyone near you.  I mean reconstructing things if the world got ruined.

I think I could be part of what started it again, with sensible changes.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 25, 2018, 08:52:16 PM
I've seriously considered that, but the challenge of recreating society also interests me.  I'm willing to die naturally in my old age, but I'm not there yet, ya know?  As strange as it might seem, I've read enough hard si-fi that might have actually taught me a few things.  And I don't mean survivalist tactics of hoew to kill everyone near you.  I mean reconstructing things if the world got ruined.

I think I could be part of what started it again, with sensible changes.

Who is John Galt?  Yes, remake the world in your own image ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

There's a reason Nazis are Republicans. They both share similar agendas, but most Republicans are more wishwashy about it. Republicans hate minority groups. They want to prevent them from getting into the country, they want to silence their peaceful protests, they want to take away government programs which primarily benefit them, they want to take away their rights.

The difference is that Republicans like to pretend that they're not motivated by hate because they don't want to think of themselves as hateful. That would hurt their self image. So they end up talking out of both sides of their mouths. Often times they'll try to act like they're somehow doing minority groups a favor by actively working against them. Nazis, on the other hand, are more consistent with their rhetoric and don't shy away from their true intentions.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 12:28:09 AM
There's a reason Nazis are Republicans. They both share similar agendas, but most Republicans are more wishwashy about it. Republicans hate minority groups. They want to prevent them from getting into the country, they want to silence their peaceful protests, they want to take away government programs which primarily benefit them, they want to take away their rights.

The difference is that Republicans like to pretend that they're not motivated by hate because they don't want to think of themselves as hateful. That would hurt their self image. So they end up talking out of both sides of their mouths. Often times they'll try to act like they're somehow doing minority groups a favor by actively working against them. Nazis, on the other hand, are more consistent with their rhetoric and don't shy away from their true intentions.

source?

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 12:28:09 AM

The Democrats love minorities, but not for the right reasons.  They want to buy their votes, e.g. both legal minorities, and illegal migrants who can get a driver's license in California.  Of course that is what politicians do, they buy votes (but they are only supposed to do this with citizens).

"More than a million undocumented immigrants have received California driver's licenses from the State of California, the Department of Motor Vehicles announced Wednesday. The state has been issuing licenses to the immigrants since 2015."

Not a photo ID, but a driver's license.  What is nullification?  When a lower government entity works directly against Federal laws.

Nazis are some Germans, not all, from 1920 - 1945.  Americans aren't Nazis.  We are fascists.  We have been fascists since we became industrialized (we went from more than ... to less than ... 50% agriculture circa 1900).

“Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power”
― Benito Mussolini

Do Democrats oppose big corporations?  A Communist eliminates corporate power, they don't partner with it.  Both parties support big corporations, they are both fascist.  Yes, Democrats are more devious about their fascism.  Republicans are more direct.  A difference that doesn't address the problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 09, 2018, 05:21:02 AM
source?

Every Republican who has ever started a sentence with, "I'm not a racist, but..."
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 10:59:33 AM
Every Republican who has ever started a sentence with, "I'm not a racist, but..."
Let's not forget every Republican who ever voted for a voter ID law under the fig leaf of stopping non-existent voter fraud but the real effect was to make it difficult for African-Americans to vote, and every Republican who ever complained about 'welfare fraud' by miming patting a pregnant midriff and saying in a stereotypical 'mammy' voice, 'Yep, got me one more check' or words to that effect (I have seen this done personally).

Oh, and let's not forget the party's explicit policy of appealing to Southern racists in the wake of the Civil Rights Movement, the 'Southern Strategy'.  When push came to shove, Democrats repudiated their racistsâ€"and Republicans opened their arms to them.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 09, 2018, 10:59:33 AM

Every Democrat before about 1980 who said "I'm not a racist, but ..."

Americans are assholes.  Get over ourselves already.  Stop partisan virtue signaling.  Admit you would sell your mother to a whorehouse for an iPhoneX.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 09, 2018, 01:08:56 PM
Every Democrat before about 1980 who said "I'm not a racist, but ..."

Americans are assholes.  Get over ourselves already.  Stop partisan virtue signaling.  Admit you would sell your mother to a whorehouse for an iPhoneX.
Damn, I didn't know I could get an iPhoneX in trade for my mother! Now I really wish I had a mother I could trade!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman