How you know the GOP has moved too far to the right

Started by trdsf, March 21, 2018, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

I thought all american politics was right wing.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on March 22, 2018, 05:08:21 PM
I thought all american politics was right wing.
You need to look at the global political spectrum. IIRC that puts both major US parties on the right of center.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2018, 05:23:13 PM
You need to look at the global political spectrum. IIRC that puts both major US parties on the far right of center.

FTFY
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 21, 2018, 03:57:05 PM
So you're telling me the GOP has stopped him from running under them at every chance they could, and publicly disavowed him a dozen times, but due to circumstances other than the GOP's approval of him, he is running this time - and you think that says anything about the GOP other than that they don't fucking like him?

nice spin there m8.

Your graphic is too annoying, so I will ignore your post.  Yeah, SHOCK, people can do that.  You want to get your post paid attention to?  Don't be so visually obnoxious all the time.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 21, 2018, 05:50:17 PM
Your conclusion that it's stupid is not one that I take issue with. What I take issue with is any attempt to spin this as support for Arthur - because that is a contention that cannot be necessitated logically from this information.

Silence in the face of an unwanted but likely successful candidate sure to vote their way is assent.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 21, 2018, 03:57:05 PM
So you're telling me the GOP has stopped him from running under them at every chance they could, and publicly disavowed him a dozen times, but due to circumstances other than the GOP's approval of him, he is running this time - and you think that says anything about the GOP other than that they don't fucking like him?

nice spin there m8.

And just a request.  Please stop the annoying visual.  It is absolutely your right, but also absolutely annoying.  Makes me want to not read your posts, ya know?  And I want to.  You have something to say, but you could chase me away from it.

Baruch

John Bolton being the potential replacement for McMaster?  That is pretty Dick Cheney of the Don ;-(  It is looking more like the Don in the White House is like Don Corleone in temperament.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2018, 04:13:55 PM
I'm curious where Antifa fits on that chart.

Since they are not a government party, nor an organization with set ideology but rather factions under one umbrella name, pretty hard to say.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:24:49 PM
John Bolton being the potential replacement for McMaster?  That is pretty Dick Cheney of the Don ;-(  It is looking more like the Don in the White House is like Don Corleone in temperament.
Yeah, it looks like our Fearless Leader is setting up a war cabinet. ;-(

Bolton is all for a pre-emptive first strike, so we're likely in for a hell of a time.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 23, 2018, 07:49:18 PM
Yeah, it looks like our Fearless Leader is setting up a war cabinet. ;-(

Bolton is all for a pre-emptive first strike, so we're likely in for a hell of a time.

Limited nuclear exchange ... 20 million dead in N America, 40 million dead in Europe (including Russian part of Europe).  I absolutely don't approve, but no, Hillary was a war monger too, it was set up in 2016 so only warmongers were the final candidates.  Blame Bernie taking bribes and not fighting DNC corruption (he was Hillary's "beard").  Bernie might make full peace with Cuba, but that would be better than millions dead.  I don't think Cuban communism is an existential threat to the US.  If it was an existential threat, then blast away ... but it isn't happening, not even in N Korea.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 23, 2018, 04:13:55 PM
I'm curious where Antifa fits on that chart.

Antifa is useful idiots ... where is China?  That is a billion times more important.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Trump/Cheney/Stalin/Boltin wants a war, a war we will get,  Stock up your omb shelter, pack your knapsacks and decide where to survive.

I.m downwind of Washington DC.  If we get bombed, that's target #1.  My only chance to survive THAT is to head for the lower Appallacians. And ya know something?  I won't abandon the cats.  I may need the mice they catch.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 11:17:54 PM
Trump/Cheney/Stalin/Boltin wants a war, a war we will get,  Stock up your omb shelter, pack your knapsacks and decide where to survive.

I.m downwind of Washington DC.  If we get bombed, that's target #1.  My only chance to survive THAT is to head for the lower Appallacians. And ya know something?  I won't abandon the cats.  I may need the mice they catch.

Do as you will, survive or not.  This is true every day, not just in Apocalypse.  Apocalypse is always Now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.