TAKE IN A BIG BREATH AND TASTE THE POLICE-STATE BOYS

Started by Gilgamesh, March 20, 2018, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2018, 02:59:09 AM
Couldn't find a funny joke that wasn't insulting someone, huh?

I'm the dissident you should be most worried about.  Because I'm not a sheep looking for a shepherd... 
Anyone to the right of Karl Marx is a dissident.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 21, 2018, 02:59:09 AM
Couldn't find a funny joke that wasn't insulting someone, huh?

I'm the dissident you should be most worried about.  Because I'm not a sheep looking for a shepherd...

Pr126 once said, his inner child is long dead.  Mine is not, alive and kicking in my mental womb (can't have too many brain children).  Call me Zeus.

See, like in the NT comment by Jesus about annoying brats, you are angry if people don't weep when you want them to, and don't laugh when you want them to.

Yes, no leader ... a land where everyone is king, then there is no king.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 21, 2018, 07:12:18 AM
Pr126 once said, his inner child is long dead.  Mine is not, alive and kicking in my mental womb (can't have too many brain children).  Call me Zeus.

See, like in the NT comment by Jesus about annoying brats, you are angry if people don't weep when you want them to, and don't laugh when you want them to.

Yes, no leader ... a land where everyone is king, then there is no king.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

Even if this wasn't a joke there should be no legal consequences for "hate speech" unless it is a call to incite violence. Protecting hate speech is something America gets right.

GrinningYMIR

The UK seems to bending over backwards to fuck it’s own citizens in the name of tolerance
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 21, 2018, 12:27:22 PM
Even if this wasn't a joke there should be no legal consequences for "hate speech" unless it is a call to incite violence. Protecting hate speech is something America gets right.

As its been said, unless the act of speech is used to insight a reaction, like yelling fire in a crowded theater, or fake bomb threat in a school, then it should not be considered a crime.

Of course that would make certain Islamic preachers who call for the actual death of jews happy they can keep doing that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gilgamesh

-6 MONTHS EARLIER-

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm a historian, I see "police-state" warnings in many of the documents I've read. This too shall pass. (Cue Gandalf.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 21, 2018, 04:18:44 PM
I'm a historian, I see "police-state" warnings in many of the documents I've read. This too shall pass. (Cue Gandalf.)

Since life itself passes ... does that make everything OK?

They simply need to remove the entire population of the UK, and replace them with 50 million hard working Chinese employees of Apple.  The ME/South Asian workers that Germany is importing won't stand a chance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ahh ye good Americans..never let it be said that our laws supersede every other nations laws.
The law is not always necessarily whatever you happen to read on Facebook or hear from a YouTube video.
The internet is loaded with people who are self proclaimed experts on all manner of law so much that if we didn't know better there would be absolutely no use for a well compensated attorney to handle our legal affairs.
Been charged with a crime you had no part in?  No problem.  Just ask anyone in the comments section of any old message board. Everybody is a legal egg-spurt these days ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 21, 2018, 09:01:26 PM
Ahh ye good Americans..never let it be said that our laws supersede every other nations laws.
The law is not always necessarily whatever you happen to read on Facebook or hear from a YouTube video.
The internet is loaded with people who are self proclaimed experts on all manner of law so much that if we didn't know better there would be absolutely no use for a well compensated attorney to handle our legal affairs.
Been charged with a crime you had no part in?  No problem.  Just ask anyone in the comments section of any old message board. Everybody is a legal egg-spurt these days ..

What the fuck are you actually even saying. Because if you want to get into specifics I'll oblige you.

Gawdzilla Sama

The GOP declared we were going into a police state when FDR announced the WPA. Nothing much has changed since then.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2018, 11:34:46 AM
The GOP declared we were going into a police state when FDR announced the WPA. Nothing much has changed since then.

I think you have been sleeping decades in a giant Tupperware container ... "still fresh"!  There was an attempt to assassinate FDR and a plan to coup de etat all in 1933 ... because of the crazy ancestors of the Koch brothers thinking that FDR was a Bolshevik.  The Fed planned the Great Depression, FDR interfered.

It was the S Dems who opposed FDR on desegregation (which didn't happen until the 1960s ... so not FDR's fault).  Back then Republicans were NE capitalists, like George W's father and grandfathers ... Knickerbockers and Wasps.  Bag men for the Nazis (they were opposed to Jewish influence in the US, and anti-Soviet).

In the 1980s, Doonesbury was doing a strip on Conservatives hurting the last wild Liberal.  Young people don't remember that 2009-2016 was ... totally unexpected.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato