TAKE IN A BIG BREATH AND TASTE THE POLICE-STATE BOYS

Started by Gilgamesh, March 20, 2018, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

http://archive.is/beZc2

QuoteA man who posted a video of his girlfriend’s dog doing a Nazi salute on YouTube has been been convicted over the “grossly offensive” footage.
Mark Meechan, 29, who goes by the name Count Dankula, was arrested after footage of his girlfriend’s pug appearing to respond to Nazi slogans such as ‘gas the Jews’ went viral.
In a case that attracted widespread attention, Meechan was found guilty on Tuesday at Airdrie Sheriff Court of a charge under the Communications Act.
Sheriff Derek O’Carroll dubbed the video “grossly offensive” and said he did not believe Meechan had made it only to annoy his girlfriend.

After being put through endless court bullshit where they argued that he was a nazi trying to incite hatred they finally reached a verdict. He was just found guilty of 'mass offense.' Sentencing is going to be carried out in a month.

To summarize; a man who trained a dog to do a nazi salute as a prank on his girlfriend was just convicted of a crime for just that, and could face years in jail for said joke.

Again, he's been charged with 'intent to cause mass offense'.

Also, it should be noted that a police officer was the one who started this case - and brought in someone to take the place of "I was offended by this."

Fuck the UK. Too bad you guys don't have guns, because your government is blatantly and unabashedly abusing the people. Your officials need to be forced out of power.

Shiranu

I think he deserves a year for that horrendous username...

But yeah, that's a little bit rediculous. At most, like some $50 fine or something, but even that's stretching it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on March 20, 2018, 04:47:46 PM

But yeah, that's a little bit rediculous. At most, like some $50 fine or something, but even that's stretching it.

'intent to cause mass offense' is self-evidently an absurd thing to criminalize. There should be no fine, and no imprisonment. It's an abuse of power by the government to punish someone whatsoever for such dubious reasoning.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on March 20, 2018, 04:47:46 PM

Hee, no, it's a LOT rediculous.

Slippery slope, a man gets arrested and fined or even facing jail time, because someone was offended by a tough in cheek joke.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 20, 2018, 05:22:46 PM
Hee, no, it's a LOT rediculous.

Slippery slope, a man gets arrested and fined or even facing jail time, because someone was offended by a tough in cheek joke.

Actual Jews weren't offended over there, so I am told.  Actually arrest the whole English population for Irish, Scotch and Welsh jokes.  Then deport them all to Denmark, Normandy and Frisia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 20, 2018, 07:00:32 PM
Actual Jews weren't offended over there, so I am told.  Actually arrest the whole English population for Irish, Scotch and Welsh jokes.  Then deport them all to Denmark, Normandy and Frisia.

We've been mocking aspects of nazism in the uk for decades since those times,

I doubt you could even make the kind of jokes these early British comedies made back then in todays easily offended culture.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

The French would be offended ... the comedy about the German occupation of France "Allo, Allo" used British actors instead of French actors.  Cultural misappropriation, oui?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6qRvZe8kLQ

Thank goodness Britain isn't under German occupation, n'est pas?  The French might come along later and make a comedy about it ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Arrests for offensive Facebook and Twitter posts soar in London
QuoteAccording to the Register, a total of 2,500 Londoners have been arrested over the past five years for allegedly sending “offensive” messages via social media. In 2015, 857 people were detained, up 37 per cent increase since 2010.

The Communications Act 2003 defines illegal communication as “using public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety”. Breaking the law carries a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

The figures, obtained from the Metropolitan police via a Freedom of Information request, only apply to the London area.

Gilgamesh

Oi you got a joke licence there bruv?

Cavebear

If you can't handle a joke, get out of the living room...  I agree that many jokes are in horribly bad taste, but THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM FUNNY.  Jokes are all about stupidity, cruelly, and the absurd.

Tell me a good joke that doesn't make someone look stupid!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

This has nothing to do with protecting the feelings of minorities or anyone who might get offended.

It is all about protecting the state/globalists' power hold from would be dissidents.
Any deviance from the approved narrative must be strongly discouraged.

1984 is here and now.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 21, 2018, 02:25:53 AM
This has nothing to do with protecting the feelings of minorities or anyone who might get offended.

It is all about protecting the state/globalists' power hold from would be dissidents.
Any deviance from the approved narrative must be strongly discouraged.

1984 is here and now.

Couldn't find a funny joke that wasn't insulting someone, huh?

I'm the dissident you should be most worried about.  Because I'm not a sheep looking for a shepherd... 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!