News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh: Did you see the Big Bang?

Started by Hydra009, March 17, 2018, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 20, 2018, 02:14:00 PM
Sugar daddies will wing in with money, I have no doubt.

And I hope religious nuts sink money into that tar pit...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on March 20, 2018, 02:18:47 PM
And I hope religious nuts sink money into that tar pit...
They could sink the GNP of Costa Rica into the place and not notice the event on their check books.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 20, 2018, 02:52:08 PM
They could sink the GNP of Costa Rica into the place and not notice the event on their check books.

Yeah, too many suckers filling the coffers back up as fast as the religious scammers can spend it...

Unbeliever

Quote from: A.A. Allen,  to Marjoe Gortner, quoted in James A Haught, Covering the Bible Belt II: A Freethinker’s Testimony

When you can turn people on their head and shake them and no money falls out, then you know God's saying, "Move on, son."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

It's funny how the religious Right consider eye witness testimony their gold standard of evidence. For many years now, eye witness testimony has been considered one of the weakest forms of evidence due to how surprisingly unreliable human memory actually is.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 21, 2018, 06:31:45 PM
It's funny how the religious Right consider eye witness testimony their gold standard of evidence. For many years now, eye witness testimony has been considered one of the weakest forms of evidence due to how surprisingly unreliable human memory actually is.
But you have to admit that eyewitness testimony has removed all doubt that the funny lights in the sky are actually alien spaceships.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Yeah, and they're always touting the "eyewitness testimony" of the empty tomb, and the "above five hundred" who (allegedly) saw the risen Jesus!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 21, 2018, 06:47:54 PM
Yeah, and they're always touting the "eyewitness testimony" of the empty tomb, and the "above five hundred" who (allegedly) saw the risen Jesus!
The empty tomb is fun to play with.

"What if he was faking it and shagged ass out of town as soon as nobody was watching the tomb?"
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 22, 2018, 11:37:41 AM
The empty tomb is fun to play with.

"What if he was faking it and shagged ass out of town as soon as nobody was watching the tomb?"

The Passover Plot ... 1965
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

We can see the big bang.   You can see the afterglow, 2.725°K throughout the entire universe.

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 22, 2018, 08:32:23 PM
We can see the big bang.   You can see the afterglow, 2.725°K throughout the entire universe.

Correct, but not visible to the naked eye ;-)  Interpretations of what happened before that ... vary.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Did Rush Limbaugh see Jesus? If not, same "logic" applies in this instance.

Jason78

Quote from: Baruch on March 23, 2018, 06:29:39 AM
Correct, but not visible to the naked eye ;-)  Interpretations of what happened before that ... vary.

It's visible to the naked eye through the right instrument. 

I can see all the way from x-rays to radio waves with the right equipment.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on March 23, 2018, 02:34:29 PM

And that is one of the wonders of the scientific method.  That we can see farther than our ancestors who could only make bad guesses and create deities to explain things.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on March 23, 2018, 02:34:29 PM

IC what you did there.
PZ Myers