Merkel: 'Islam belongs to Germany'

Started by pr126, March 17, 2018, 01:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Merkel elected the fourth term.

Merkel: 'Islam belongs to Germany'
QuoteChancellor Angela Merkel on Friday rebuffed comments by her interior minister claiming Islam did not belong to Germany, saying the religion of four million of its citizens was part of the country just like Christianity and Judaism.

Speaking at a joint news conference with Swedish Premier Stefan Lofven in Berlin, Merkel underlined the significance of Christianity and Judaism in the country’s history, and highlighted that Islam too was part of the country’s culture.

“Our country is largely shaped by Christianity, and it continues to be so,” Merkel said, adding that Judaism had also been significant in the country’s history and culture.

“But now four million Muslims are living in Germany, and they are practicing their religion here.

"These Muslims belong to Germany, and also their religion of Islam belongs to Germany,” she said.
Actually, Germany belongs to Islam now.

"Judaism had also been significant in the country’s history and culture."
Yes, we know it too well. And continuing that culture by proxy.

Why has Islam become so indispensable in the Western countries?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 17, 2018, 01:14:47 AM
Merkel elected the fourth term.

Merkel: 'Islam belongs to Germany'Actually, Germany belongs to Islam now.

"Judaism had also been significant in the country’s history and culture."
Yes, we know it too well. And continuing that culture by proxy.

Nations can absorb many conflicting views and function well.  The US has done it for several centuries and continues to do so today.

Why has Islam become so indispensable in the Western countries?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Cavebear wrote:
QuoteNations can absorb many conflicting views and function well.  The US has done it for several centuries and continues to do so today.

I disagree.
There are conflicting views (values, cultures) that do not function well.
Islam is one of them.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 17, 2018, 02:30:56 AM
Cavedear wrote:
I disagree.
There are conflicting views (values, cultures) that do not function well.
Islam is one of them.

Look, I don't think a lot of positive thoughts about Islam.  But I also don't think a lot of positive thoughts about Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism, etc either.  I also don't think much LESS about one theism than another.  They are all nuts.

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 02:41:27 AM
Look, I don't think a lot of positive thoughts about Islam.  But I also don't think a lot of positive thoughts about Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism, etc either.  I also don't think much LESS about one theism than another.  They are all nuts.
Indeed. But some are more nuts than others.

How many religions are mandated by their deity that they are entitled to rule the whole world?
By force (jihad)* if necessary.

* Holy war

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 17, 2018, 02:44:44 AM
Indeed. But some are more nuts than others.

How many religions are mandated by their deity that they are entitled to rule the whole world?
By force (jihad)* if necessary.

* Holy war

All!  It is basic to their beliefs that "they" hold "the truth".  Did you miss reading about the Religious Wars in Europe over Catholicism vs the Protestants?  Or the Hindus against the Moslems?

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 02:52:25 AM
All!  It is basic to their beliefs that "they" hold "the truth".  Did you miss reading about the Religious Wars in Europe over Catholicism vs the Protestants?  Or the Hindus against the Moslems?

How about the Muslims against the Hindus?

80 millon Hindus were massacred by the Muslim conquerors.

In fact, it is estimated that the Islamic conquest massacred 270 million people, ongoing.

Everywhere Islam conquered, they have decimated the indigenous population, erased their culture, plundered their wealth.
They converted the vast majority of them to Islam.
To conquered to conqueror in one easy sentence: The Shahadah.

Today there are 57 Islamic countries. Not one of them is democratic, free, economically prosperous.
Because of Islam.

None of this will be taught in any educational establishment.
It would be racist, bigoted, Islamophobic.

We'll teach colonialism, white guilt instead.
Erase Christianity, western culture, dismantle the family.
Create Marxist activist for a whole generation.

The long march through the institutions is nearing completion.

The proles are ready and willing for serfdom.
Good luck for the future.

Gilgamesh

All!

Wrong.

Just admit you know not a thing about eastern religion and philosophy.

The abrahamic are a special kind of simple among religions.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 17, 2018, 02:59:50 AM
Wrong.

Well, I don't have to know the details of any theistic belief to understand that the basics are non-factual.  Do you have one in might you wish to promote?

Baruch

That is anti-semite sir.  Jews have super powers, and control all banking etc ... some say.  Secular Israelis are another matter entirely.  They think they have exclusive rights to one small section of land (in common with many other such claims by every nation).  Traditional rabbis support Hamas (but many went heretic after 1967 with false messianism).  At one time, Judeans were harsh to Idumeans (see Maccabees) ... which is a desert area in the Negev the size of Rhode Island.  Forced conversion that time.

"Merkel's New Interior Minister: "Islam Does Not Belong To Germany"" ... sucks to be in a coalition government.  What Germany needs is a dictatorship ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 17, 2018, 02:59:50 AM
Wrong.

Mostly true.  In the case of Islam and Christianity, great numbers spell great trouble.  Sporadic oppression by Hindus against others in India, has happened in the past ... and is happening now (Hindu nationalist parties are puritanical).  Buddhists, with the exception of Hirohito (who was the head of Shinto technically) are usually non-violent.  That is one reason why Buddhism had to be suppressed in China along with Christianity (which is seen by non-Westerners as a kind of Buddhism, which it is).  The current political and ethnic violence in Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand are also Buddhist connected, but primarily ethnic conflicts, not religious ones.  The king of Thailand is one kind of Buddhist leader, the Dalai Lama is another.  Other than resisting Chinese aggression, the Tibetans have been quiet for some centuries now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.