Any one of you have ever gotten a perfect score in a test or exam?

Started by NellGwyn, March 16, 2018, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 21, 2018, 10:11:05 AM
I think I paid something like $2500 when the first Apple IIGS came out.  I upgraded it with a $700 10 mega bite aftermarket hard drive, so I could load all my programs and dispense with the floppy disks.  That was before graphics became so important.  When I switched over to a PC, I offered to give it to the local Christian school because a friend taught there, but they didn't want it.  I took it to the landfill and heaved it as far into the junk pile as I could, where the dozer would crush and bury it later in the day.

Funny how that is a metaphor for Modern Western un-Civilization.  Into the landfill with it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I probably scored perfect on various tests in school, tough to remember them all, but one thing I do remember is nobody has ever hired me nor given me a raise based on a single perfect score in school. In fact, I'd venture to guess that had I gotten nothing but Ds all the way through school my life would likely have been exactly the same as it is now.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 21, 2018, 09:30:02 PM
I probably scored perfect on various tests in school, tough to remember them all, but one thing I do remember is nobody has ever hired me nor given me a raise based on a single perfect score in school. In fact, I'd venture to guess that had I gotten nothing but Ds all the way through school my life would likely have been exactly the same as it is now.

But it is ... all in your permanent record, and will be reviewed by St Peter at the Pearly Gates ;-)  Employers don't care about your schooling, unless you are a recent graduate.  It is all about your work experience, and your personality.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Yes.   Many times.

I passed my driving test first time with no major or minor faults.

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 22, 2018, 05:05:28 PM
Yes.   Many times.

I passed my driving test first time with no major or minor faults.

We can hope Uber will upload you, to run their less than adequate driverless cars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

I don't have superhuman reactions Baruch.   And even I can't break the laws of physics if someone were to run out in front of my vehicle.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 21, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
A couple of the larger dorms had a computer room with one computer in it, and I went the late night route to guarantee myself access.  Eight inch floppies... back when floppies actually flopped!  The computer room, alas, kept library hours and the library closed at 11pm.

I think Wooster paid five to eight thousand apiece for those Teraks; the year I graduated, they sold them off for $150 a pop.  Still have one.  :D

Floppies were a serious advancement!  You could just on the keyboard, edit the program, and carry them around!  I started with having to enter the software floppy in the reader, them remove it and write my program, then switch again to read the program, them switch again to save it on the data floppy.  In 1986, that was a WONDER of Technology!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 21, 2018, 09:30:02 PM

I agree.  The perfect score was mostly a matter of persanal satisfaction. 

However, had we gotten perfect or nearly perfect scores on tests in our majors, companies looking for extremely talented new employees would have been recruiting us at graduation.  But since I didn't, they didn't.  So I had to build a resume in lesser fields before I got a job related to my area of study.  And THAT is when I started to surpass the A students. 

"They" crammed for tests and forgot most of it immediately afterwards.  I learned less by test time, but remembered what I learned.  There is a difference.  What you RECALL for a week gets you past tests.  What you LEARN sticks for life.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 12:17:05 AM
Floppies were a serious advancement!  You could just on the keyboard, edit the program, and carry them around!  I started with having to enter the software floppy in the reader, them remove it and write my program, then switch again to read the program, them switch again to save it on the data floppy.  In 1986, that was a WONDER of Technology!
I am (a)morally obliged to link you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DECr0dMUVg  XD
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 23, 2018, 12:42:00 AM
I am (a)morally obliged to link you to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DECr0dMUVg  XD

I appreciate your sense of humor, and I laughed all the way through that link!  I remember "The Sermon On The Monitor" by Orson Scott Card (and he presented it to us personally at an Atheist Convention) .  It was "make the sign of the monitor" (making a square with his fingers), a prayer to the green phosphor letters on the black screen, and some other comments I cannot recall in detail. 

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
I appreciate your sense of humor, and I laughed all the way through that link!  I remember "The Sermon On The Monitor" by Orson Scott Card (and he presented it to us personally at an Atheist Convention) .  It was "make the sign of the monitor" (making a square with his fingers), a prayer to the green phosphor letters on the black screen, and some other comments I cannot recall in detail.
Heh.  o/` Gimme that on-line religion...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 23, 2018, 10:06:33 AM
Heh.  o/` Gimme that on-line religion...

Well, how can you be in 2 places at once when your not anywhere at all?  And get your muckluks out of the cellophane before they scorch!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 23, 2018, 11:44:45 PM
Well, how can you be in 2 places at once when your not anywhere at all?  And get your muckluks out of the cellophane before they scorch!

Joseph Campbell's exact point in part of The Power of Myth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 24, 2018, 11:14:35 AM
Joseph Campbell's exact point in part of The Power of Myth.

I'm either going to have stop responding when I get messages like "hey, you should reply to this one) or just ignore those too.

I posted "Well, how can you be in 2 places at once when your not anywhere at all?  And get your muckluks out of the cellophane before they scorch!", and you replied "Joseph Campbell's exact point in part of The Power of Myth"

Now first, that makes no sense at all.  Second, Campbell makes little sense himself.  And I don't say that without having listened to him rather carefully.  My PERSONAL opinion is that guy is a freaking nut.  I laugh at almost everything he says.  You may not and that is fine.  If you think he makes any sense, "WONDERFUL"!

I don't know how to say this, but I can listen to a crazy small-town evangical preacher on cable TV and Campbell, and I laugh more at Campbell. 

Baruch

Yes, you are a world famous myth scholar ... wonderful at everything!

"hey, you should reply to this one" - I am not sending you any private messages.  If someone is goading you, it is your responsibility to ignore them too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.