Sanctions announced over meddling in 2016 election

Started by trdsf, March 15, 2018, 12:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Yup, the Treasury department has announced sanctions against several Russian individuals and groups for interfering in 2016.  Interestingly, they seem to have taken their list from Mueller's investigation, you know, the one the Orange Disaster Area swears is just a politicized witch hunt and doing nothing but trying to smear him.  Apparently Mnuchin thinks they're not wasting their time.

It'll be interesting to see the bloviation over this one….
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 01:09:13 PM
He may explode twitter over this!
For some reason, my brain edited the word 'twitter' out of this...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Hillary is Deep Putin ... Uranium One ... Obama has her back.

So where were you when the initial findings were announced several weeks ago?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17031772/mueller-indictments-grand-jury

Of course Trump would sanction Russia, as a deep play being that he is pro-Russian.  Nobody will suspect him now .. bwahah.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 01:09:13 PM
He may explode twitter over this!

I can't wait to hear how MSNBC and Fox News treat his reactions...  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 15, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
Hillary is Deep Putin ... Uranium One ... Obama has her back.
Hillary and Obama...the beast with two backs?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:12:38 PM
I can't wait to hear how MSNBC and Fox News treat his reactions...  LOL!
As soon as I'm done here Ill go find out. It should be very entertaining!
God Not Found

Gilgamesh

The 'russian narrative' has 0 evidence. It was a smear campaign relying on the media to purposefully speak about it vaguely - because getting into specifics would expose it as false, since there are no specifics, since it didn't happen. Rather than the media outright purporting it as true, they would refer to it as something other people are talking about, or are investigating.

The narrative was used to draw attention away from podestas leaked emails, which exposed mass corruption and pedophelia in the DNC.

To the braindead populace, who don't dig deeper on anything the MSM tells them, they naturally concluded that the russians 'hacked' the DNC - somehow, whatever that means - and that the emails are fake.

Even if one could prove that it was russian government that created the phishing scam that got podesta, the emails are still really his emails. So.. in this alternate universe where it indeed was russia that leaked podestas emails, DNC sheeple are somehow mad at russia for exposing true corruption, rather than the corruption of their own party itself? Makes sense.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 01:13:37 PM
Hillary and Obama...the beast with two backs?

Yeah, 2 intelligent rational people who did serious work respected among nations...

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2018, 01:16:16 PM
The 'russian narrative' has 0 evidence. It was a smear campaign relying on the media to purposefully speak about it vaguely - because getting into specifics would expose it as false, since there are no specifics, since it didn't happen. Rather than the media outright purporting it as true, they would refer to it as something other people are talking about, or are investigating.

The narrative was used to draw attention away from podestas leaked emails, which exposed mass corruption and pedophelia in the DNC.

To the braindead populace, who don't dig deeper on anything the MSM tells them, they naturally concluded that the russians 'hacked' the DNC - somehow, whatever that means - and that the emails are fake.

Even if one could prove that it was russian government that created the phishing scam that got podesta, the emails are still really his emails. So.. in this alternate universe where it indeed was russia that leaked podestas emails, DNC sheeple are somehow mad at russia for exposing true corruption, rather than the corruption of their own party itself? Makes sense.

You seem to have a very interesting and irrational view of the world.  Trump is evidentially connected to Russia according to all information so far available.  And it is only going to get worse for him. 

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:20:34 PM
Yeah, 2 intelligent rational people who did serious work respected among nations...

2 warmongers, who have killed hundreds of thousands of innocents all over the world, who's effective propaganda has half the population thinking they're the good guys, and when their enemies get into power, who wage the same old bullshit wars, the propaganda has the other half of the population thinking they're the good guys. They're all in it together and laugh at dinner with eachother at the retarded victims of their propaganda, who will keep them in power for the foreseeable future.

And you're caught up in the whole facade, thinking, "at least I'm not as stupid as the republicans" assuring your lords continue lording over you.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2018, 01:25:33 PM
2 warmongers, who have killed hundreds of thousands of innocents all over the world, who's effective propaganda has half the population thinking they're the good guys, and when their enemies get into power, who wage the same old bullshit wars, the propaganda has the other half of the population thinking they're the good guys. They're all in it together and laugh at dinner with eachother at the retarded victims of their propaganda, who will keep them in power for the foreseeable future.

And you're caught up in the whole facade, thinking, "at least I'm not as stupid as the republicans" assuring your lords continue lording over you.

Say it lady!   But who are you suggesting if he was replaced?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:24:04 PM
You seem to have a very interesting and irrational view of the world.  Trump is evidentially connected to Russia according to all information so far available.  And it is only going to get worse for him. 

Okay. let's debate this.

What did the russian state do with the Trump campaign. Provide sources.
After establishing what the russian state, and/or the trump campaign did, how is what they did a violation of international treaty and/or US law. Provide sources.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2018, 01:32:33 PM
Okay. let's debate this.

What did the russian state do with the Trump campaign. Provide sources.
After establishing what the russian state, and/or the trump campaign did, how is what they did a violation of international treaty and/or US law. Provide sources.

Been a Russian bot long?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:34:59 PM
Been a Russian bot long?

See, I didn't even expect you to engage in an exchange at all. You never do when anyone asks you to defend your position. You rely completely on the fact that your positions are the dominant opinion, thereby relieving you of any real need to defend them. You're weak. You're a follower. You've never spent one moment in introspection to engage your own ideas, or the 'why's' of why they're there, have you? You just go with whatever is the dominant thought among your company, like a thoughtless automaton.