News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

RIP Stephen Hawking

Started by trdsf, March 14, 2018, 12:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 14, 2018, 03:02:57 PM
I just found out (should already have known) that Professor Hawking died on Einstein's birthday, and also on pi day!

http://bgr.com/2018/03/14/stephen-hawking-death-cause-5-things-to-know/

Born on Galileo's birthday, held the same professorship Newton did, died on Einstein's birthday.  That's your physics trifecta right there.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

This was a lot of fun to watch. Hawking had a great sense of humor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WTQryVAXX8
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 14, 2018, 04:29:15 PM
Born on Galileo's birthday, held the same professorship Newton did, died on Einstein's birthday.  That's your physics trifecta right there.

Seems suspicious to me.  A Gray alien perhaps?

My favorite cameos was his appearance on The Simpsons and Dilbert (the animated TV series).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

50 shades of a gray alien!
God Not Found

Cavebear

I can't post the image I was sent, but I can post the content...

God @The Tweet Of God...  It has only been a few hours and Stephen Hawking has already proved, mathematically, to MY face, that I don't exist!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

This is a good example of Hawking's sense of humor - he plays a game of quantum chess with an actor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0BzqV_b44&t=525s
God Not Found

Telesio

Seeing the Christian retards gloating over the death of a great scientist on the various forums is pretty sad.  America seems to love the fruits of high technology but persecutes and hates the scientists who make it possible.   I can't wait for China to become the next world superpower.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 03:42:23 PM
This is a good example of Hawking's sense of humor - he plays a game of quantum chess with an actor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0BzqV_b44&t=525s

That Was AWESOME!!!

Seriously, thank you for posting that.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  (And there were LOTS of minutes)

Cavebear

Quote from: Telesio on March 15, 2018, 03:46:10 PM
Seeing the Christian retards gloating over the death of a great scientist on the various forums is pretty sad.  America seems to love the fruits of high technology but persecutes and hates the scientists who make it possible.   I can't wait for China to become the next world superpower.

I heard no gloating here.  But then I don't go to the places that would.

A rare mind has left this mortal realm... 

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 14, 2018, 04:29:15 PM

I knew only the middle of those things.

Thank you.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 04:18:17 PM
I knew only the middle of those things.

Thank you.
I have to correct myself -- he was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 15, 2018, 04:59:23 PM
I have to correct myself -- he was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death.

A minor quibble in the timeline of the great scientists... 

Munch

There are a lot of Christian evangelical wank stains current gloating his death, but I just smile at it. Hawkings achieved so much in his life and left an impact on the scientific world, as well as overcoming adversity. These Christians will leave nothing of value when they die, so caught up in believing their going to go to some eternal paradise, when all they have to look forward to is nothingness, and forgotten.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 15, 2018, 05:40:03 PM
There are a lot of Christian evangelical wank stains current gloating his death, but I just smile at it. Hawkings achieved so much in his life and left an impact on the scientific world, as well as overcoming adversity. These Christians will leave nothing of value when they die, so caught up in believing their going to go to some eternal paradise, when all they have to look forward to is nothingness, and forgotten.

I'm actually kind of surprised.  Why would anyone gloat about Hawking's death?  Did they confuse him with Richard Dawkins?

Unbeliever

At least Hawking outlived Billy Graham. I sort of felt like celebrating when Graham went away.
God Not Found