News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Tillerson sacked

Started by trdsf, March 13, 2018, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on March 15, 2018, 12:21:43 AM
I know a few people that still think Trump isda shit. They say “liberals are waiting for him to screw up”. I kinda think that happened 13 months ago.

Insane people saying Trump is going to go down in history as one the best presidents ever. Course not many of them pay attention to anything Trump does.

BTW that well oiled machine just keeps going. Just last week Trump was bragging about election night like it was a few days ago.... kinda like grandpa bragging about something that happened 20 years ago

We aren't "waiting" for Trump to screw up, he did that every day in office.

What we are waiting for is either some anti-Rasputin to weird him into reality, or the 2018 elections to either neutralize him or remove him.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:01:25 AM

What we are waiting for is either some anti-Rasputin to weird him into reality, or the 2018 elections to either neutralize him or remove him.

D party will have to get some balls.  Maybe y'all should take up bowling?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:01:25 AM

Neutralization is the best bet since Pence is a wanna-be Christian ayatollah.  Removal won't improve anything.  Also, the Orange Disaster Area is too scattershot to get anything done; Pence is an experienced politician and can get his theocratic intentions enacted.  He did it in Indiana.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

pr126

Tillerson Fired Over Rogue Bid to Save Iran Nuke Deal
QuoteThe abrupt firing Tuesday of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson follows months of infighting between the State Department and White House over efforts by Tillerson to save the Iran nuclear deal and ignore President Donald Trump's demands that the agreement be fixed or completely scrapped by the United States, according to multiple sources with knowledge

In the weeks leading up to Tillerson's departure, he had been spearheading efforts to convince European allies to agree to a range of fixes to the nuclear deal that would address Iran's ongoing ballistic missile program and continued nuclear research.

While Trump had prescribed a range of fixes that he viewed as tightening the deal's flaws, Tillerson recently caved to European pressure to walk back these demands and appease Tehran while preserving the deal, according to these sources. The Free Beacon first disclosed this tension last week in a wide-ranging report.

White House allies warned Tillerson's senior staff for weeks that efforts to save the nuclear deal and balk on Trump's key demands regarding the deal could cost Tillerson his job, a warning that became reality Tuesday when Trump fired Tillerson by tweet.

SGOS

In describing the White house cabinet, a guest on NPR yesterday described Tillerson and another guy who I can't remember as the two adults in the room.

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on March 15, 2018, 12:30:50 PM
In describing the White house cabinet, a guest on NPR yesterday described Tillerson and another guy who I can't remember as the two adults in the room.
Having worked in a day care center, I guarantee you that two adultsâ€"now apparently only oneâ€"are not enough to handle that many children.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 15, 2018, 12:47:15 PM
Having worked in a day care center, I guarantee you that two adultsâ€"now apparently only oneâ€"are not enough to handle that many children.

The longer Trump is President, the fewer real adults there will be around him.  He is eliminating them as fast as he can.  Possibly the most interesting and useful benefit of his Presidency is the people he will cause to be considered  unworthy of any future office. 

Cavebear

I didn't think much of Tillerson, but it sure shows what happens if you aren't heartbeat to heartbeat with Trump!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:19:03 PM
The longer Trump is President, the fewer real adults there will be around him.  He is eliminating them as fast as he can.  Possibly the most interesting and useful benefit of his Presidency is the people he will cause to be considered  unworthy of any future office.

I am sure Gen Kelley et al will be amused that you imagine them in diapers ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Trump started by proclaiming he would get the best of the best working for him.  He got a few A level people, but mostly B level, and left a LOT of jobs unfilled mostly because no qualified experts wanted to work for a "moron".  He can't even suggest a qualified Ambassador to S Korea after a year in office and on the brink of top level discussions with N Korea.

As he removes the few A level experts, he finds he can't even get the B level experts to apply for jobs in his balloon pit.  He is getting into the Cs now, and they are deciding they have "other commitments".

Pretty soon, the Trump Administration will be made up entirely of Fox News talking heads and a few family members he can't tell to "go away"...

Gilgamesh

Quote from: fencerider on March 15, 2018, 12:21:43 AM
Insane people saying Trump is going to go down in history as one the best presidents ever. Course not many of them pay attention to anything Trump does.

What policies has the trump administration pushed for and passed that you think are antithetical to trump supporters values?

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 17, 2018, 02:43:40 AM
What policies has the trump administration pushed for and passed that you think are antithetical to trump supporters values?

None. They love him and agree with everything he does.  On the other hand, his supporters these days are among a distinct minority of Americans as he goes spiraling out of control.  Trump's approval rating goes down every time he posts.  The more people learn about him, the less they like him. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 02:36:45 AM
Trump started by proclaiming he would get the best of the best working for him.  He got a few A level people, but mostly B level, and left a LOT of jobs unfilled mostly because no qualified experts wanted to work for a "moron".  He can't even suggest a qualified Ambassador to S Korea after a year in office and on the brink of top level discussions with N Korea.

As he removes the few A level experts, he finds he can't even get the B level experts to apply for jobs in his balloon pit.  He is getting into the Cs now, and they are deciding they have "other commitments".

Pretty soon, the Trump Administration will be made up entirely of Fox News talking heads and a few family members he can't tell to "go away"...

We had that with JFK, and he gave us Sec Def McNamara.  Another guy who thought government should be run like a corporation.  But it was in the LBJ administration that McNamara really shown ;-(

No, other than implementing a Goldman-Sachs/DoD take over ... I don't see any competence in the vetting.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 02:48:24 AM
None. They love him and agree with everything he does.  On the other hand, his supporters these days are among a distinct minority of Americans as he goes spiraling out of control.  Trump's approval rating goes down every time he posts.  The more people learn about him, the less they like him.

it is very hard herding cats.  Dogs are much easier, sheep even more so.  Democracy as a popularity contest, is so ancient Athens.  A bad idea 2500 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2018, 02:48:24 AM

I wasn't asking you.

What I took from his post, is that he believes if trump supporters paid more attention - perhaps were more self-aware - that they would be able to see certain trump policies are antithetical to their own ideals. I am asking him what he thinks these certain policies are.