News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What does this mean?

Started by NellGwyn, March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
Lately, I am noticing I seem to have mental pictures of numerous slashes on the palms of both my hands, I wonder what that could mean?  I know what someone have a stigmata means they might have seen God.  So I wonder what mine could mean?

Stigmata are very specific ... and if they are in your palms ... then they aren't from G-d.  Actual crucifixion nails go thru the wrists ;-(

Vision/dream interpretation is an old and speculative art .. it requires a clairvoyant to interpret another clairvoyant.  See The Didache ... an early church manual concerning speaking in tongues.  Freud was trying to be a clairvoyant in his attempt to interpret dreams.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

NellGwyn

Quote from: pr126 on March 12, 2018, 12:46:57 PM
Nell Gwyn
Thanks for bringing up the actual Nell Gwyn bios.  I like the sound of her name, so I used it as a username.
I believe in science more than God.

Gawdzilla Sama

Credence, you are special.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 10:30:24 AM
But after all, I did post my threads under the religion discussion.  So I am clear and mentally sound.
Excuses. All basket cases think that they're the sane ones.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Unbeliever

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
Lately, I am noticing I seem to have mental pictures of numerous slashes on the palms of both my hands, I wonder what that could mean?  I know what someone have a stigmata means they might have seen God.  So I wonder what mine could mean?
I would have to ask how long your finger nails are?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on March 12, 2018, 12:46:57 PM
Nell Gwyn

So, people take their avatars from places and times they choose.  So what?  Did you think I was actually a cave bear?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 03:22:57 AM
So, people take their avatars from places and times they choose.  So what?  Did you think I was actually a cave bear?
No, Grumpy.
And I am not a cat, although I choose one for my avatar.

Cavebear

I bet that cat would curl right up on my lap!

fencerider

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 03:22:57 AM

lol. took me a little while to figure out ananta sheesha was the serpent guardian of Ba’al or one of those other middle eastern gods.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on March 16, 2018, 11:59:30 AM
lol. took me a little while to figure out ananta sheesha was the serpent guardian of Ba’al or one of those other middle eastern gods.

Hindu dragon/naga king ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shesha

in ME terms he would be the serpent in the garden of Eden.  However the word in Hebrew for "serpent" is the same number as the word in Hebrew for "messiah" ... per gematria.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on March 16, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

Was that the cat depicted above?

fencerider

no no no that cat is emperor Palpatine reincarnated. I’m sure of it
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on March 17, 2018, 01:33:24 PM
no no no that cat is emperor Palpatine reincarnated. I’m sure of it

Well, cats rule.  We are staff...

Simon Moon

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 08:03:58 AM
It most likely means that you are thinking of cutting yourself for the pain, and looking for an excuse.  Please contact medical/psychological counseling immediately.

If you are under the impression that they are stigmata of Jesus' crucifixion, you are wrong.

Crucifixions were carried out using nail through the wrists, not the palms.

So, even if (for argument's sake) I give you that there was an actual person named Yeshua (that the Biblical character Jesus is modeled after) who was actually crucified, then your thoughts about marks on your wrists are not related to that event.

It is entirely in you imagination.
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Cavebear

Quote from: Simon Moon on March 26, 2018, 06:58:56 PM

If you are under the impression that they are stigmata of Jesus' crucifixion, you are wrong.

Crucifixions were carried out using nail through the wrists, not the palms.

So, even if (for argument's sake) I give you that there was an actual person named Yeshua (that the Biblical character Jesus is modeled after) who was actually crucified, then your thoughts about marks on your wrists are not related to that event.

It is entirely in you imagination.

I think you quoted the wrong post (above) Simon Moon.  But that's OK, I did it once myself.