News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What does this mean?

Started by NellGwyn, March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NellGwyn

Lately, I am noticing I seem to have mental pictures of numerous slashes on the palms of both my hands, I wonder what that could mean?  I know what someone have a stigmata means they might have seen God.  So I wonder what mine could mean?
I believe in science more than God.

Cavebear

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
Lately, I am noticing I seem to have mental pictures of numerous slashes on the palms of both my hands, I wonder what that could mean?  I know what someone have a stigmata means they might have seen God.  So I wonder what mine could mean?

It most likely means that you are thinking of cutting yourself for the pain, and looking for an excuse.  Please contact medical/psychological counseling immediately.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

NellGwyn

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 08:03:58 AM
It most likely means that you are thinking of cutting yourself for the pain, and looking for an excuse.  Please contact medical/psychological counseling immediately.
But I am wondering why this exact spot?  As opposed to maybe on my arms etc...

Cavebear

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 08:07:08 AM
But I am wondering why this exact spot?  As opposed to maybe on my arms etc...

Seek attention NOW please!  Your life may be in danger.

NellGwyn

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 08:09:24 AM
Seek attention NOW please!  Your life may be in danger.
No, my life is not in danger.  I am at peace and not harming myself in any way.

Cavebear

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 08:11:30 AM
No, my life is not in danger.  I am at peace and not harming myself in any way.

I'm not going to bother with this any further.

Blackleaf

Given your history of thread topics here, I really have to question your mental state. And what makes you think a forum of atheists would think there was some spiritual meaning behind your...whatever this is?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

fencerider

if your not washing your hands with strong soap or chemicals, it could be a sign of a nutritional deficiency... or maybe you are coming down with arthritis. ;-)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Well, I guess we do get all sorts of people looking for help here.  After all, we are the rational ones, right?

Hijiri Byakuren

You're having intrusive thoughts that may drive you toward self-harm. The thing about intrusive thoughts is that you don't  consciously generate them, giving the illusion that you're really at peace. Please seek help right away.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

NellGwyn

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 12, 2018, 10:18:43 AM
Given your history of thread topics here, I really have to question your mental state. And what makes you think a forum of atheists would think there was some spiritual meaning behind your...whatever this is?
But after all, I did post my threads under the religion discussion.  So I am clear and mentally sound.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 12, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
You're having intrusive thoughts that may drive you toward self-harm. The thing about intrusive thoughts is that you don't  consciously generate them, giving the illusion that you're really at peace. Please seek help right away.

Please learn to mention the post you are referring to.  We can't read your mind.

Mike Cl

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 12, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
Well, this is simply amazing!  We all know that Jesus was nailed to a cross--nailed through the palms.  You must be really getting in tune with your Lord and Master--you are becoming more Jesus-like!  What a wonderful marvel you are!  Personification of Jesus right here among us!  Glory, glory, glory.........................................!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Nell Gwyn
QuoteEleanor "Nell" Gwyn (2 February 1650 â€" 14 November 1687; also spelled Gwynn, Gwynne) was a long-time mistress of King Charles II of England and Scotland. Called "pretty, witty Nell" by Samuel Pepys, she has been regarded as a living embodiment of the spirit of Restoration England and has come to be considered a folk heroine, with a story echoing the rags-to-royalty tale of Cinderella. She was the most famous Restoration actress and possessed a prodigious comic talent.[1] Gwyn had two sons by King Charles: Charles Beauclerk (1670â€"1726); and James Beauclerk (1671â€"1680). The surname of her sons is pronounced 'Bo-Clare'. Charles was created Earl of Burford and later Duke of St. Albans.

SGOS

These mental obsessions can occur from time to time.  I don't know what yours mean.  I wouldn't have a clue.  I would ignore such thoughts rather than try and give meaning to them.  Maybe it does relate to something in your subconscious, which you could explore, but I don't know if you have the tools that would lead to any personal self discovery that would benefit you.  You can consider it a spiritual experience sent to you by Jesus, but that would put you on the crackpot side of emotional good health.  I would just let it go.  But you can do what you want.