New bipartisan political party system in the US: Over and Under.

Started by Mermaid, March 11, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on March 12, 2018, 01:31:54 AM
Let me put in one word for under: if you're a cat owner, 'under' is usually less tempting and/or less easy to get at for the Feline Overlord(s).

That said, I do neither since the roll holder in my bathroom is awkwardly placed, so I stand the roll on the shelf near the toilet (and completely out of the Feline Overlady's range).  No, I can't move it, I rent.
I have an oddly designed upstairs bath room with no convenient place to put the TP holder unless you are a contortionist or a gorilla with 10' long arms.  So I just set the roll on the vanity next to the toilet.  For years I promised myself I would buy a toilet paper dispenser and hang it somewhere like you are supposed to.  But then I would be faced with the problem day after day.  When I needed a wad of TP, I would have to stand up and shuffle delicately across the room.  That's disgusting.

Now I'm not completely anti TP holder.  In some situations, they make sense, especially when the toilet is located near an obvious place to install it.  But half the time the holder is just a matter of tradition.  It's just a chrome plated bobble about as useful as a nose ring.

In fact, I've considered removing the holder downstairs because the only available place to hang it is on a wall that is right over the heat duct in the floor.  You can imagine how the draft unravels the TP when you're not in the room?  It's worse than a cat.  I keep a magazine handy to lay over the duct.  This gives the room kind of a careless casual look so guests will think I'm an avid reader, but it's really to keep the toilet paper from unraveling.

Mike Cl

We have a very small bathroom in which a wall tp hanger just does not fit.  So we go an iron holder that sits on the sink counter and can hold three rolls--works well since it is movable.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 13, 2018, 01:43:34 PM
Who needs toilet paper? Real men use corn cobs!

peasants use corn cobs! Royalty uses Swan necks! Tally Hoo!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Oh, I thought royalty used rabbit's feet, and that's why they were considered such good luck.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 13, 2018, 01:43:34 PM
Who needs toilet paper? Real men use corn cobs!

Before or after you use them to smoke tobacco with?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2018, 12:41:42 PM
I always suspected you were a Lilliputian.  On the Internet, nobody can see that you are only one inch tall.
When he was young he ran away from home and joined a flea circus.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Sideways will always be a minority vote.  A waste of time of waste...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 01:30:44 AM
Sideways will always be a minority vote.  A waste of time of waste...

I would rather be right, than with the majority or even a plurality.  The common man is always wrong, because common sense is an oxymoron.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on March 13, 2018, 05:28:05 AM
I have an oddly designed upstairs bath room with no convenient place to put the TP holder unless you are a contortionist or a gorilla with 10' long arms.  So I just set the roll on the vanity next to the toilet.  For years I promised myself I would buy a toilet paper dispenser and hang it somewhere like you are supposed to.  But then I would be faced with the problem day after day.  When I needed a wad of TP, I would have to stand up and shuffle delicately across the room.  That's disgusting.

Now I'm not completely anti TP holder.  In some situations, they make sense, especially when the toilet is located near an obvious place to install it.  But half the time the holder is just a matter of tradition.  It's just a chrome plated bobble about as useful as a nose ring.

In fact, I've considered removing the holder downstairs because the only available place to hang it is on a wall that is right over the heat duct in the floor.  You can imagine how the draft unravels the TP when you're not in the room?  It's worse than a cat.  I keep a magazine handy to lay over the duct.  This gives the room kind of a careless casual look so guests will think I'm an avid reader, but it's really to keep the toilet paper from unraveling.

There are standalone TP holders.  https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Standing-Toilet-Paper-Reserve/dp/B073Q66Y7J/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521135512&sr=8-1&keywords=standalone+toilet+paper+holders
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!