New bipartisan political party system in the US: Over and Under.

Started by Mermaid, March 11, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

The prevailing philosophies of our new parties:

The Over Party:

The Under Party:

Give me OVER or GIVE ME DEATH!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Always---ALWAYS--Over.  And the egg is always opened from the big end!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 11, 2018, 11:59:15 AM

I always suspected you were a Lilliputian.  On the Internet, nobody can see that you are only one inch tall.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 11, 2018, 11:59:15 AM
It's good to know that other people have some moral fortitude.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Over.  Always over.

In Fallout 4, The Institute deserved what it got:

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Jason78

This is the problem with american politics.

There isn't usually just two answers to a problem.  But americans are usually only restricted to two options.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

trdsf

Let me put in one word for under: if you're a cat owner, 'under' is usually less tempting and/or less easy to get at for the Feline Overlord(s).

That said, I do neither since the roll holder in my bathroom is awkwardly placed, so I stand the roll on the shelf near the toilet (and completely out of the Feline Overlady's range).  No, I can't move it, I rent.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 12, 2018, 01:31:54 AM
Let me put in one word for under: if you're a cat owner, 'under' is usually less tempting and/or less easy to get at for the Feline Overlord(s).

That said, I do neither since the roll holder in my bathroom is awkwardly placed, so I stand the roll on the shelf near the toilet (and completely out of the Feline Overlady's range).  No, I can't move it, I rent.

Under if the cats decide to unroll it for fun.  But mine don't.  Therefore an OVER FOREVER! 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mermaid

Quote from: trdsf on March 12, 2018, 01:31:54 AM

Your argument is an interesting one.

Mermaid

I am an over because you are not required to touch the wall to tear off your allotment of sheets. Over time, the wall behind the roll will get dirty. And also, it's unnatural to reach all the way past the roll to get to the back of it. If you need to find the edge, you can roll it over and over and the free end will not become obvious as easily as it would if the roll were placed in the over orientation. Therefore, I find the under orientation to be immoral and a sin against God.

Mermaid