Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever?

Started by NellGwyn, March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NellGwyn

Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever for the killing of the Jewish during World War II?  Isn't the duration of time in hell assigned by how wicked you have been (I think this is kind of Buddhist)?  So I am thinking for how many people Hitler killed, he would be locked in hell forever.  `
I believe in science more than God.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Hitler is dead.  There is no credible evidence that Hell exists.  You may get a larger variety of responses in a Christian forum.

Baruch

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever for the killing of the Jewish during World War II?  Isn't the duration of time in hell assigned by how wicked you have been (I think this is kind of Buddhist)?  So I am thinking for how many people Hitler killed, he would be locked in hell forever.  `

There is no after-life ... so no.  no pre-life either.  Hell and Heaven are states of being, in the present ... not things of the past or future.  Only the present exists.  The past and future aren't epistemological objects ... they are emotional commitments.  Regret and pride in the past.  Hope and fear in the future.

Yes, in Zoroastrianism, Hell is temporary, based on the need to expiate sin (in linear time).  This is similar to their Hindu cousins, who have the need to expiate karma, which traps you in your current life (cyclical time).  Only very few Christians have argued for temporary Hell (but then they invented Purgatory to weasel their way thru the question).  And Jews and Muslims believe traditionally in permanent Hell/Heaven.  Abrahamics think in linear time.  It is ontologically argued, that in eternity, there can be no change, change only happens in temporal time.  So once you are in eternity, whatever your status is then, it is permanent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Nell, you seem to get fiction and reality all mixed up.  Heaven, hell, jesus, god---all are fictions.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

NellGwyn

This is to those who answered.  There is hell, and I did not say hell means tortures and suffers (and neither did you).  There is hell, where Demon dwells, and sinners get what they deserve. 
I believe in science more than God.

SGOS

Mike Cl

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 10:55:00 AM
This is to those who answered.  There is hell, and I did not say hell means tortures and suffers (and neither did you).  There is hell, where Demon dwells, and sinners get what they deserve.
And you 'know' this how????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
No, I think Hitler has melted back into the oblivion of non-existence from which he emerged, as do we all upon ceasing to live.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 10, 2018, 01:40:56 PM
No, I think Hitler has melted back into the oblivion of non-existence from which he emerged, as do we all upon ceasing to live.

According to MLK, if there is nothing in your life, for which you would sacrifice your life, then you haven't lived.  I hope in spite of nihilism, that you have lived.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 10:55:00 AM

What do the sinners get, exactly?

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 10, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
What do the sinners get, exactly?

Losers on game shows usually get "lovely parting gifts" and an electronic version of the game they lost at (so they can practice for next time) ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 10, 2018, 02:43:41 PM
According to MLK, if there is nothing in your life, for which you would sacrifice your life, then you haven't lived.  I hope in spite of nihilism, that you have lived.
I've been sacrificing my life every day for decades to the tobacco corporations.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 10, 2018, 03:01:09 PM
I've been sacrificing my life every day for decades to the tobacco corporations.
I quit cold turkey in 1988. October 1st, 7 AM. My friends took me out to the Mojave with two weeks food and water and an emergency radio. Day Two I was looking for coyotes to beat up. Haven't smoked since.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers