Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever?

Started by NellGwyn, March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on March 15, 2018, 11:25:57 AM
Hitler ceased to exist when he put a bullet into his own brain.

Wikipedia summary:

Accounts differ as to the cause of death; one version stated that he died by poison only and another view claimed he died by a self-inflicted gunshot while biting down on a cyanide capsule. Contemporary historians have rejected these accounts as being either Soviet propaganda or an attempted compromise in order to reconcile the different conclusions. One eyewitness stated that Hitler's corpse showed signs of having been shot through the mouth, but this has been proven unlikely. There is also controversy regarding the authenticity of skull and jaw fragments that were recovered.  In 2009, American researchers performed DNA tests on a skull fragment that Soviet officials had long believed to be that of Hitler. The DNA tests and examination revealed that the skull was actually that of a woman less than 40 years old. The recovered jaw fragments were not tested.

I personally think that it is likely that Hitler died by his own choice, but the method is uncertain.  But I expect he died there in Berlin.  Conspiracy theorists can make whatever they want with the uncertainty.  I doubt that, given his personality. if he escaped somehow, he could have hidden for long...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 03:16:55 AM
The only place I smoke is sitting here in front of the computer while I think and type.  I have no desire otherwhere or otherwise.  It is habituation, not addiction.
Just don't get caught smoking in the prone position on your bed - or you'll spend the night in the box!

Quote from: Carr, the floor walker (Cool Hand Luke)There is no smoking in the prone position in bed. To smoke you must have both legs over the side of your bunk. Any man caught smoking in the prone position in bed... spends a night in the box.

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 01:17:59 PM
Just don't get caught smoking in the prone position on your bed - or you'll spend the night in the box!

;-)

What?

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 01:37:08 PM
Just a silly movie reference, ala Baruch ;-D

You even mentioned where it came from ... and I did see that movie.  Will be looking into it ...

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechcoolhandluke1.html

Yeah, too me no time at all, and now I remember the speech, if not the specifics.  That floor-walker is my kind of tough love ;-)  We need him in every HS in the country.  He wouldn't need to run into a gun fire situation, because they wouldn't happen in the first place.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2018, 06:29:29 PM
Beware the ides of March...

They haven't ended yet ... beware of Greeks bearing gifts, and Romans with something to hide in their togas.

Is that your dagger, or are you just glad to see me? ;-))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenzo_Camuccini#/media/File:Vincenzo_Camuccini_-_La_morte_di_Cesare.jpg
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 10, 2018, 03:25:58 PM
I quit cold turkey in 1988. October 1st, 7 AM. My friends took me out to the Mojave with two weeks food and water and an emergency radio. Day Two I was looking for coyotes to beat up. Haven't smoked since.

I dont generally care for cigs.  But when I'm on the computer, I have to have one in my hand.  Makes no sense at all.  But I just can't type without one in my hand...

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 06:36:20 PM
I dont generally care for cigs.  But when I'm on the computer, I have to have one in my hand.  Makes no sense at all.  But I just can't type without one in my hand...
Sitting down at my computer was one of the hardest triggers to break when I quit.  As soon as my ass hit that chair, I was reaching for my pack and lighter.  I ended up keeping a huge bag of Tootsie Pops next to my desk and reaching into those when I sat down.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

PickelledEggs

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever for the killing of the Jewish during World War II?  Isn't the duration of time in hell assigned by how wicked you have been (I think this is kind of Buddhist)?  So I am thinking for how many people Hitler killed, he would be locked in hell forever.  `
Why would Hitler burn in hell for doing what he and other Catholics in Germany called "the work of god"

Do you not know anything about anything?

fencerider

I heard Hitler and his wife and Himmler and his wife all agreed to take poison together. After they took it the poison was taking too long or was too painful so one of them got out his gun and shot everyone.

hmmm hey NellGwyn do you remember reading in the Bible where it says the dead know nothing? Oh wait that’s one of those contradictions that doesn’t exist.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

For thlose keeping score, that's in Ecclesiastes. Verse 9:5 reads, “For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.”

No further reward? I guess no reward in heaven either, huh?
God Not Found

SoldierofFortune

There is no soul of man that lives after death to have pleasure in a heaven or to have pain in a hell...