Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever?

Started by NellGwyn, March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

A little tough love, huh? Good for you, I wish I'd been able to do something similar. Any time I'm in a position where it isn't possible to get any tobacco, I don't even jones for it, but if there's a chance of getting any, I can't help but find it and smoke it. I've heard that nicotine is the most addictive substance known to man, and I sure do believe it!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 10, 2018, 03:32:02 PM
A little tough love, huh? Good for you, I wish I'd been able to do something similar. Any time I'm in a position where it isn't possible to get any tobacco, I don't even jones for it, but if there a chance of getting any, I can't help but find it and smoke it. I've heard that nicotine is the most addictive substance know to men, and I sure do believer it!
I had to take 270 mg of oxycontin a day at one point in my life, didn't get addicted to that. The tobacco had it's claws in my mind. I beat it by being more stubborn than it was. "I'm stronger than this addiction!!!!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

There is no Hell, so Hitler cannot be burning in it. There is no evidence that Hell exists. The only way to observe Hell, if it does exist, is to die. And at that point, you wouldn't be able to come back and tell about it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

aitm

Hitler firmly believed he was doing the right thing.....how can one be punished if one firmly believes they are doing good? Such are gods.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on March 10, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
Hitler firmly believed he was doing the right thing.....how can one be punished if one firmly believes they are doing good? Such are gods.

Further proof that confirmation bias is all powerful, even if it doesn't last 1000 years.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Quote from: NellGwyn on March 10, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
Do you think Adolph Hitler is locked in hell forever for the killing of the Jewish during World War II? 

Atheist here.   So no I don't.
Isn't the duration of time in hell assigned by how wicked you have been (I think this is kind of Buddhist)? 

[Citation Needed]

So I am thinking for how many people Hitler killed, he would be locked in hell forever.  `

Do you think that hell is an appropriate punishment?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2018, 07:34:29 AM
And their 1000 year dictionary.
Well, in the USA where everybody you don't like is literally Hitler, at least get the name right.

Adoph is French, as in Adolph Menjou.

Mermaid

Hitler is safely nestled in heaven if he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior before he died. That's how it works.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on March 11, 2018, 10:39:36 AM
Hitler is safely nestled in heaven if he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal savior before he died. That's how it works.

He was a pagan Catholic doing God's/Odin's work.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2018, 11:01:30 AM
He was a pagan Catholic doing God's/Odin's work.
Oh, I'm sure he was forgiven for his sins by at least one Catholic priest--as were all the Nazis who were funneled to South America with the church's help.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 11, 2018, 11:20:42 AM
Oh, I'm sure he was forgiven for his sins by at least one Catholic priest--as were all the Nazis who were funneled to South America with the church's help.

Well at least they weren't funneled to Valhalla, and given Thor's hammer to use ;-)  The basic barbarity of a semi-historical TV show like Vikings .. gives some insight into what the Germans were channeling.  Odin wasn't exactly the most ethical supreme god.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 11, 2018, 12:40:41 PM
Well at least they weren't funneled to Valhalla, and given Thor's hammer to use ;-)  The basic barbarity of a semi-historical TV show like Vikings .. gives some insight into what the Germans were channeling.  Odin wasn't exactly the most ethical supreme god.
And just what 'supreme' god is ethical???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS