Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Gospel According to Carrier

Started by Unbeliever, March 09, 2018, 07:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on May 29, 2018, 07:15:42 AM
Nihilists hate culture.
Why do you so often paint with the broadest possible brush? I'm a nihilist, as you know, and I don't think I hate culture. Maybe you could clarify your meaning?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 29, 2018, 02:47:31 PM
Why do you so often paint with the broadest possible brush? I'm a nihilist, as you know, and I don't think I hate culture. Maybe you could clarify your meaning?

He paints with the broadest brush possible because he thinks broadly but shallowly.  Its just easier to post fast that way.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 02:28:21 PM
Monkeys can be respected for what they are.  As can bats and rats and alley cats, sure as you're born.

I have a right to despise or appreciate.  So sue me, Susan.  I know what "rhetoric" means.  Do you know what "literal" means?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on May 29, 2018, 02:47:31 PM

If Mikey hates everything, he is a nihilist.  Are you Mikey?  Do you need to "specialize" everything?  Yes, I do "generalize" everything.  This is how I burlesque extreme positions.  Your comment is a perfect example of "not a true Scotsman".  You know, since it has been discussed not long ago here, there is more than one kind of nihilist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34wJt3pRY0w

Can you think like a toddler?  You can if you try.  Now finish your cereal and get ready for play school ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on May 29, 2018, 02:49:26 PM
He paints with the broadest brush possible because he thinks broadly but shallowly.  Its just easier to post fast that way.

Yes, I do post fast.  Everlyn Woods fast.  When I go into detail, I usually get cricket sounds in response.  So my approach is an efficient use of my effort.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.