News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

historiography paper

Started by Draconic Aiur, March 08, 2018, 02:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

I am doing a historiography paper on the cause of the 100 year war and I need help! I am reading 8 books for this paper and they all seem to say the exact same thing and or I'm reviewing it wrong. I need book reviews and google doesn't give me shit. So please help me find them!

Edouard, Perroy. The Hundred Years War. (

Marilyn, Livingstone and Morgen, Witzel. The Road to Crecy: The English Invasion of France 1346.

L.J. Andrew Villalon and Donald J. Kagay. Hundred Years War: A wider focus.

Kenneth, Fowler. The Age of Plantagenet and Valois.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 08, 2018, 02:47:53 AM
I am doing a historiography paper on the cause of the 100 year war and I need help! I am reading 8 books for this paper and they all seem to say the exact same thing and or I'm reviewing it wrong. I need book reviews and google doesn't give me shit. So please help me find them!

Edouard, Perroy. The Hundred Years War. (

Marilyn, Livingstone and Morgen, Witzel. The Road to Crecy: The English Invasion of France 1346.

L.J. Andrew Villalon and Donald J. Kagay. Hundred Years War: A wider focus.

Kenneth, Fowler. The Age of Plantagenet and Valois.

Does your library have access to 'The Hundred Years War: A Wider Focus (History of Warfare, Vol. 25) (History of Warfare (Brill)) '?  It is described as "This volume, the first of a two-volume set, is the work of fourteen European and American scholars and focuses on the wider aspects of the Hundred Years. These essays range far afield from the traditional heartlands of Hundred Years War studies to investigate the influence of the conflict on Italy, the Low Countries, and Spain and on such topics as urban history, and the actualities of weapon use on the battlefield. A number of the essays in this collection seek to re-examine old but thorny questions long associated with the conflict, including the real immediate impact of gunpowder technology on siege warfare during the fourteenth century and the "purposeful" strategy of Henry V in staging and bringing about the battle of Agincourt in 1415. With contributions by L.J. Andrew Villalon, Maria Teresa Ferrer i Mallol, Donald J. Kagay, Clara Estow, William P. Caferro, Sergio Boffa, Peter Michael Konieczny, Paul Solon, Manuel Sanchez Martinez, James E. Gilbert, Jane Marie Pinzino, Clifford J. Rogers, Kelly DeVries, and John Clement. Winner of the 2014 Verbruggen Prize of De Re Militari (the Society for the Study of Medieval Military History) given annually for the best book on medieval military history'.

You won't want to buy it of course, it is bizarrely expensive, but a college library might make it available or get a copy from another.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Draconic Aiur

I have it already just need a online book reveiw to compare notes.

aitm

Look for "the 100 year war" by  Bil O'reilly......if he wrote one about a war it is sure to have some "real truth" in it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 08, 2018, 02:34:04 PM
I have it already just need a online book reveiw to compare notes.

You have that?  I'm very very impressed!

Baruch

Without Joan of Arc ... your paper doesn't have a chance in English hell.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Help me find the argument for each book pretty please.

Cavebear

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 11, 2018, 09:37:46 PM
Help me find the argument for each book pretty please.

I would start with Amazon, then the individual titles, for sources and compare prices and availability.  Another good source is a University library and then the University bookstore.  And some universities have different selections, so it is worth checking a few.

Personally, I plan to go shopping for non-US-written history books to get alternate views.  I'm sure Great Britain looks at the American Revolution as a minor part of their "world war" with the French and I would like to read their view of it.  Same with Germany from consolidation thru WWII.  And I would like to read (in English of course) Vietnam's view of their history from 1900 to present.  Stuff like that.