News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stormy Daniels Sues Trump

Started by SGOS, March 07, 2018, 10:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 06:35:19 PM
Does this position extend to the ballot box?  If not, it's worthless hypocrisy.

What do you mean to say? That everyone who voted for trump necessarily adored him?

It's funny how everyone preaches "the lesser of two evils" but fails to realise there exists people who think *your* lesser evil is actually the bigger evil. Not all your political opponents are just cookie-cutter backwater rednecks who suck every republican dick unquestioningly, though I know it makes life simpler for you to think that.

Hillary is fucked. Trump is fucked. A sizable chunk - probably close to half for both - of both candidates voters didn't actually like the candidate all that much - they just thought they were less shitty than the alternative.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 07, 2018, 06:44:15 PMWhat do you mean to say? That everyone who voted for trump necessarily adored him?
I'm talking about in the future elections.  If Trump runs for re-election and these people vote for him, that's proof positive for where they truly stand.

Hell, there were warning signs with Trump well before the 2016 election and these people voted for him anyway.  Even during scandal after scandal in his first year in office, conservatives have largely stood by their favorite buffoon with a sickening fervor.  Trump himself alluded to it during the campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

Frankly, I don't trust these people to make any sort of moral stand.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 07:04:49 PM
I'm talking about in the future elections.  If Trump runs for re-election and these people vote for him, that's proof positive for where they truly stand.

Doesn't follow. It's possible to vote for trump twice - without unconditionally supporting his politics both times. It just means you thought he was the lesser evil *both* times. Is this not a conceivable notion in your mind?

Hydra009

In my world, you can't repudiate a politician and yet somehow also support that politician.

Unbeliever

A lot of people are single issue voters, so many of them may hate Chump but still vote for him because they think believe he'll give them what they want in their single issue.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on March 07, 2018, 04:19:25 PM
I don't know if non disclosure agreements are mutually binding or not.  But if Trump has talked about it, then it's out there and public knowledge, anyway.  It would be useless to pay someone to sign such an agreement, if the other party was going to talk about it anyway.  I just heard about this today, and don't know all the details.  I was under the impression the Trump has refused to talk about the alleged affair.  On the other hand, he paid her not to talk about it, which is pretty much the same thing as admitting she has something damaging to talk about, although the damage has now been done.  The only thing left to gain is a monetary settlement.

It is always about money.  If he hadn't become President, the scammers wouldn't feel the need to squeeze him further.  But he set himself up, didn't he?

The embarrassing part must be his really small hands ... chuckle!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 07:04:49 PM

Hell, there were warning signs with Trump well before the 2016 election and these people voted for him anyway.  Even during scandal after scandal in his first year in office, conservatives have largely stood by their favorite buffoon with a sickening fervor.  Trump himself alluded to it during the campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

Frankly, I don't trust these people to make any sort of moral stand.

Yes, FEMA camps for Democrats ... can't wait, can you?  Nobody here has any morals, do you?  On what basis, QFT?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 07:34:29 PM
In my world, you can't repudiate a politician and yet somehow also support that politician.

Well enjoy the weather on Planet Vulcan then.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 07:34:29 PM

In your world, can you dislike a politician just short of repudiation, and then vote for that politician despite not supporting him/her unconditionally?

If so I think we're living in the same one, man.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 07, 2018, 08:30:46 PM
In your world, can you dislike a politician just short of repudiation, and then vote for that politician despite not supporting him/her unconditionally?

If so I think we're living in the same one, man.

I never supported my wife, unconditionally ... why would I do that for a slimy politician I don't even know personally?  If I ever supported any politician, and I did a few, even Obama ... it was with the realization that they were compulsive liars.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2018, 08:35:29 PM
If I ever supported any politician, and I did a few, even Obama ... it was with the realization that they were compulsive liars.

Anyone that supports a politician without this realisation is an idiot.

Baruch

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 07, 2018, 08:36:31 PM
Anyone that supports a politician without this realisation is an idiot.

Planet of the Ape Voters ... get your bananas here!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 07, 2018, 08:30:46 PM
Yes.  I now note that your statement that "half [of conservatives] have already vocalised their distaste for trump" means functionally nothing.  It certainly makes it appear like there's some sort of rift between Trump and conservatives yet after questioning, you've revealed that this position is fully compatible with supporting Trump 100%.  There's nowhere where the rubber hits the road; where words translate into action.  Like I said initially, it's simply rank hypocrisy.

If conservatives "dislike" Trump, but vote for him, support his embattled presidency at every turn, and then pledge to vote for him again(!), what does that tell you about them?

Or, to put it another way, if I said that I "dislike" the Iraq War yet I supported the lead up to war, justified the war for years, and even maintain to this day that it was a good idea, what conclusion would you inevitably draw about me?

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 07, 2018, 10:46:39 PM
Yes.  I now note that your statement that "half [of conservatives] have already vocalised their distaste for trump" means functionally nothing.  It certainly makes it appear like there's some sort of rift between Trump and conservatives yet after questioning, you've revealed that this position is fully compatible with supporting Trump 100%. 

Correct: It's not at all inconsistent for one to vote for a candidate which one doesn't really like, if the alternative is worse in ones estimation.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on March 07, 2018, 12:46:41 PM
(waits for Republican indignant puritanry to fire up the same way it did over Bill Clinton getting a blow job)

(continues waiting)

(crickets chirp)

(continues waiting)

(crickets continue chirping)

(continues waiting)

(crickets die of exhaustion from all the chirping)

Yeah, waiting for the outraged Republican moralists to condemn Trump is silent crickets.  Let a Democrat admit he posed for pictures with 100 families and admit he placed one hand wrongly from tiredness and they are demanding that person be hanged.  Let there be proof that Trump as routinely cheated on all his wives frequently?  Silence.

Honesty is when you demand those you support and those you don't be held to equal standards.  You don't get that from Republicans these days...  Just crickets...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!