News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Liberal Mentality

Started by pr126, March 07, 2018, 01:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 08, 2018, 01:05:49 PM
Shut the hell up and stop taking 'sides' when neither side has your best interest in mind and in fact are actively working together, against your best interests.

If you hear a criticism of progressives or democrats and your immediate reaction is to assume the one doing the criticising is a conservative or republican, and then mount an attack on those parties; congratulations, you are acting in exactly the manner your lords knew you would, and need you to.

Both parties are full of drooling retards who wave every shitty thing their team does under the rug while blowing out of proportion every shitty thing the enemy team does. They agree on 90% of things and just posture against one another on the remaining 10%, so arguing as to whos worse is a useless endeavor - worse, it's actively counter-productive if you ever want to be free of your chains.

You missed the point.  One side DOESN'T do like the other does...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2018, 01:59:29 PM
Liberals are compulsive liars our of one side of their mouths ... Conservatives lie out of the other side of their mouth.  I hate both.

There isn't an equivalency, and that's the problem.  The Republicans circle their wagons and the Democrats form a circular firing squad...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 08, 2018, 04:07:04 PM
There isn't an equivalency, and that's the problem.  The Republicans circle their wagons and the Democrats form a circular firing squad...

That was funny ... and true.  Guess we know which bastards will win this one.  Well some bastards are sure to win anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
That was funny ... and true.  Guess we know which bastards will win this one.  Well some bastards are sure to win anyway.

Nope, as odd as it may seem these days, the Democrats are protecting their basic "left of center" position, while the Republicans drift farther to the extreme Right every election. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 02:15:58 AM
Nope, as odd as it may seem these days, the Democrats are protecting their basic "left of center" position, while the Republicans drift farther to the extreme Right every election.

The Clintons ... cough, cough ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 06:48:21 AM
The Clintons ... cough, cough ...

So the rationality of the Bill Clinton administration seems better then the Trump inanity?  May I suggest a remedial course in logic and analysis?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 06:52:38 AM
So the rationality of the Bill Clinton administration seems better then the Trump inanity?  May I suggest a remedial course in logic and analysis?

Compared to Hitler, Hillary would be nice.  Therefore vote for Hillary?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 06:54:02 AM
Compared to Hitler, Hillary would be nice.  Therefore vote for Hillary?

Nice trick, comparing Hillary Clinton to Hitler as a barely better choice.  You do know there is a massive difference, right?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 07:04:16 AM
Nice trick, comparing Hillary Clinton to Hitler as a barely better choice.  You do know there is a massive difference, right?

You misread ... you see what you want to see (like most people, including the blind men feeling up the elephant).  No, everyone compares X to Hitler, as their go to rhetorical trick.  It even has its own name, the gambit.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 07:10:24 AM
You misread ... you see what you want to see (like most people, including the blind men feeling up the elephant).  No, everyone compares X to Hitler, as their go to rhetorical trick.  It even has its own name, the gambit.

You are the one who just compared Clinton to Hitler (barely favorably to be sure) but made the stain of the comparison.  I need not say anything further on that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 02:15:58 AM

Both parties are drifting left, relative to where they were, say, 25 years ago. If you think otherwise it's because you are sympathetic to the democrats, and are therefore unable to see what is a readily observable fact. The united states peoples were much more conservative 25 years ago. Now they're not. And so republicans have had to drift leftways in order to stay competitive.

Gilgamesh

Mind you, both parties have agreed on 90% of issues forever, and the remaining 10% isn't real disagreement, but rather just posturing.

Cavebear2

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 12, 2018, 12:45:23 PM
Both parties are drifting left, relative to where they were, say, 25 years ago. If you think otherwise it's because you are sympathetic to the democrats, and are therefore unable to see what is a readily observable fact. The united states peoples were much more conservative 25 years ago. Now they're not. And so republicans have had to drift leftways in order to stay competitive.

I find that to be an amazing suggestion. 

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 12, 2018, 12:45:23 PM

Statistics don't really back that up, though. It's more a case of the left moving further left and surrounding themselves with like minded individuals, and the right doing the same.

Statistics show that important left issues, like unions, gun control (at least before the last sting of mass shootings), economic regulation, etc. are all getting less support than they did 20, 30 years ago. That doesn't particularly indicate a shift to the left.

If you mean shifting to the left socially, I would agree; it is no longer (generally) acceptable to be a racist, sexist bigot like it was before, though we are seeing some backlash to that. But in terms of policy, America has shifted further right. That is simply not up for debate; even during Obama's presidency everyone was sick of him and the Senate giving the right what they want with nothing in return. And if you don't think the current house and presidency is even further right than it was under Obama, we really have nothing to discuss.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 01:54:32 PM
I find that to be an amazing suggestion.

Gil the Amazing must have learned his art from Dr Strange ;-)  I think he was being sarcastic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.