EPA head spouts creationist talking points

Started by Hydra009, March 06, 2018, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

As if his energy policies alone weren't enough to make me realize this guy is the worst man for the job:

QuoteEnvironmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt dismissed evolution as an unproven theory, lamented that “minority religions” were pushing Christianity out of “the public square” and advocated amending the Constitution to ban abortion, prohibit same-sex marriage and protect the Pledge of Allegiance and the Ten Commandments, according to a newly unearthed series of Oklahoma talk radio shows from 2005.

Quote“There aren’t sufficient scientific facts to establish the theory of evolution, and it deals with the origins of man, which is more from a philosophical standpoint than a scientific standpoint,” Pruitt said on an Oklahoma radio program in 2005.
    â€" POLITICO (@politico) March 2, 2018

QuoteRepublicans in Congress defended Pruitt, saying his religious beliefs should factor into how he does his job.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/02/scott-pruitt-epa-evolution-theory-abortion-gay-marriage-433284

Granted, this is a super old interview, but jeez, what kind of moron looks at this guy and thinks, "Yep, this is the best guy for the job" and what sort of ultramorons rubber-stamp this poor judgment call?  Something to bear in mind next election.

Baruch

Washington DC is like a roach motel, grifters check in, but don't check out.  Under Obama we had a wave of Alinsky lib-tards head for the Holy Land for Kenyan redemption.  Same deal under Trump, conserva-tards head to the Swamp.

So why is anyone surprised?  I would take Putin as President any day over our current choices.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

This kind of Republican stupidity is why I vote Blue.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Making America groan again. Can we survive as a nation for much longer?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2018, 01:56:31 PM
Making America groan again. Can we survive as a nation for much longer?

USA should have been stopped by King George.  Too bad he wasn't well at the time.  Instead of using N America as an open air prison for British losers (because Australia wasn't available yet, and Canada (prison) was newly opened) ... he should have started the first FEMA camp, run by Native guards.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Why are americans so hung up on abortion?   It's a debate that was pretty much resolved in the civilised world decades ago.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

It's a hot-button issue the political right uses to manipulate the religious right. That's why it won't be resolved any time soon, since if it were resolved it would no longer be a useful tool for the GOP.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on March 10, 2018, 04:42:02 PM
Why are americans so hung up on abortion?   It's a debate that was pretty much resolved in the civilised world decades ago.

Americans aren't civilized ... you have to be European Labor Party to be civilized ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason78 on March 10, 2018, 04:42:02 PM
Because it's not resolved.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on March 11, 2018, 10:40:29 AM
Because it's not resolved.

In politics, nothing is ever resolved.  If things were, we could get rid of political parties, and stop having elections ... but that would be against the interests of the political class.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The US Right-wingers settle on agreeing on some issues like anti-abortion under any circumstances, guns of all kinds for all forever, and States' Rights when they go their way but against them when they don't because that is all they have to hold them together.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 02:02:47 AM
The US Right-wingers settle on agreeing on some issues like anti-abortion under any circumstances, guns of all kinds for all forever, and States' Rights when they go their way but against them when they don't because that is all they have to hold them together.

Dems have ... make all people equal, equal in height, equal in weight, equal in income, equal ....
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 06:44:03 AM
Dems have ... make all people equal, equal in height, equal in weight, equal in income, equal ....

Nope, not in any way.  People can be themselves.  Tall short, heavy, light, male female etc.  And I will again request that you use the correct term of Democrats and Democratic, as I correctly refer civilly to Republicans and Republican.

You can at least discuss things in civil terms I hope.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 07:28:06 AM
Nope, not in any way.  People can be themselves.  Tall short, heavy, light, male female etc.  And I will again request that you use the correct term of Democrats and Democratic, as I correctly refer civilly to Republicans and Republican.

You can at least discuss things in civil terms I hope.

I use "shit" as my preferred designation for both parties, but I don't want to melt any snowflakes here.  You are civil, as in civil war against anyone south of NYC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear2

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 01:03:44 PM
I use "shit" as my preferred designation for both parties, but I don't want to melt any snowflakes here.  You are civil, as in civil war against anyone south of NYC.

I had a co-worker like you once.  He was utterly pro-confederacy, "lost cause", bizarrely religious, neo-nazi, and immune to logic.