Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Brave new world?

Started by pr126, March 05, 2018, 12:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2018, 05:33:37 AM
Good question.

Where are the children getting the idea/concept of transgenderism from in the first place?

Not from the [normal] parents.

There are some "liberal" indoctrinated parents who themselves promote this.
It is still child abuse.

How could Revolutionaries, who are parents, go wrong?  I am sure in the near past, being a Revolutionary, would be enough to get your children put into child protective custody.  So of course, turn about is fair play.  R and L both agree ... believe what we tell you to believe, do what we tell you to do, or we will shoot you (see video of son who denounced mother).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I haven't the ones yet...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 06:32:14 AM
I haven't the ones yet...

Parenting is the most important thing anyone can choose to do (but no knock on those who never had the opportunity).  Marriage is the second most important thing anyone can choose to do (but no knock on those who never had the opportunity ... and yes, cohabiting is marriage).  On the other hand, you have avoided an endless stream of worry (for spouse and children).  Cats are enough.  My three owners are still negotiating on how to best manage me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on March 05, 2018, 05:52:00 AM
Really? No "help" at all?
You do realize how small children can be influenced, especially by someone in authority? Such as teacher, parent?

How come this was not an epidemic a few years back?
Did you have such thoughts in your childhood? Anyone you grew up with?

Why do you call it an epidemic?
Genuine question.  I haven't researched the subject myself, because I don't really care about it at all.
And I would expect a rise of self-expressed transgenders as society becomes more accepting of it. Though that would't mean there are more actual transgenders. Just like how more people coming out as gay doesn't mean 'gayness' is spreading. It just means more people dare to come out as such. Now if you could find that it skyrockets and suddenly like 25% or more (or so)of children declare to be of opposite gender to their sex, then I'd agree this is a strange occurance warrenting more investigation. If it's a rise of .5% to .8%, then it's hardly an epidemic.

Transgenders are still pretty rare, I think. Sure, you have an entire sub-tumblr of Xer's and Xir's. But that's hardly representative. I think a major part of why this might look like an epidemic is because it gets a lot more exposure. I mean, for instance, if it weren't for your posts, I'd hardly ever see anything about this stuff. Other than hearing the occasional famous person has decided to change sex at a later age.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 06:35:12 AM
Parenting is the most important thing anyone can choose to do (but no knock on those who never had the opportunity).  Marriage is the second most important thing anyone can choose to do (but no knock on those who never had the opportunity ... and yes, cohabiting is marriage).  On the other hand, you have avoided an endless stream of worry (for spouse and children).  Cats are enough.  My three owners are still negotiating on how to best manage me.

I disagree completely.  Self-management is the key to life.  If you can't manage yourself, you can't manage squat.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 06:39:15 AM
I disagree completely.  Self-management is the key to life.  If you can't manage yourself, you can't manage squat.

Your cats have a different opinion ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 06:40:11 AM
Your cats have a different opinion ;-)

Well, since you don't know my cats, it is unlikely that you can have any RATIONAL opinion on what they think.

But quite frankly, I would rather read a single sensible post from you that all the jokes you can muster.  You have the potential, but resist it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 06:44:58 AM
Well, since you don't know my cats, it is unlikely that you can have any RATIONAL opinion on what they think.

But quite frankly, I would rather read a single sensible post from you that all the jokes you can muster.  You have the potential, but resist it.

Your cats, and my cats aren't joking.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 06:46:33 AM
Your cats, and my cats aren't joking.

This deserves no response.  Baruch, you are just simply getting too weird and useless.  Please stop.