News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The real Wakanda ...

Started by Baruch, March 02, 2018, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Mali reached an economic peak in the 1300s, King Musa I was one of the richest people in history (but less than Augustus Caesar).  Muse's pilgrimage to Mecca was so lavish, it distorted the economies of multiple countries for a decade afterward (and this in a gold standard economy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2018, 04:06:34 AM
Mali reached an economic peak in the 1300s, King Musa I was one of the richest people in history (but less than Augustus Caesar).  Muse's pilgrimage to Mecca was so lavish, it distorted the economies of multiple countries for a decade afterward (and this in a gold standard economy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

And the source of his wealth was selling slaves to Europeans, Arabs, and elsewhere.  And using his own people as slaves for mining gold.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 03, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
And the source of his wealth was selling slaves to Europeans, Arabs, and elsewhere.  And using his own people as slaves for mining gold.

Typical human.  Like wage/debt slavery, anyone?  Or just hand out the bucks to everyone, no work required now.  Hatred of the real problems of the past, love of a fictional scifi future where people aren't the way they have always been.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 03, 2018, 08:27:55 AM
Typical human.  Like wage/debt slavery, anyone?  Or just hand out the bucks to everyone, no work required now.  Hatred of the real problems of the past, love of a fictional scifi future where people aren't the way they have always been.

Another nonsensical post...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 01:14:11 AM
Another nonsensical post...

You judge the past by the present?  How typical ;-)  And as a progressive/optimist, you might even judge the present by the future you imagine?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 05:58:36 AM
You judge the past by the present?  How typical ;-)  And as a progressive/optimist, you might even judge the present by the future you imagine?

I do imagine a good future.  Oddly, I don't see you as part of it.  Lest you get TOO upset, I don't see myself in it either.  Its always a few generations away.  Like colonizing Mars...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 04:55:36 PM
I do imagine a good future.  Oddly, I don't see you as part of it.  Lest you get TOO upset, I don't see myself in it either.  Its always a few generations away.  Like colonizing Mars...

The future is like that, which is why it is impossible to get to it.  Yes, Mars may be colonized, but not by apes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 10:11:48 PM
The future is like that, which is why it is impossible to get to it.  Yes, Mars may be colonized, but not by apes.

Did you have some other species in mind?  Octopi perhaps?  Or aliens?    Or are you suggesting that humans aren't apes?

Unbeliever

Mars has already been colonized by amoeboid blobs from Tau Ceti III, but they live under the surface, so we haven't found them yet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 08, 2018, 01:43:39 PM
Mars has already been colonized by amoeboid blobs from Tau Ceti III, but they live under the surface, so we haven't found them yet.

Are you referring to that sci fi novella (?) where the aliens came from "Taw City" before they (Venusians?) figured it out.  That was a really long time ago...  Something about learning the sounds of the machinery of the world...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 08, 2018, 04:48:40 AM
Did you have some other species in mind?  Octopi perhaps?  Or aliens?    Or are you suggesting that humans aren't apes?

Since you agree with me that humans are apes, then you would agree with me that humans shouldn't be allowed to vote ... or other monkey species either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on March 08, 2018, 05:17:16 PM
Are you referring to that sci fi novella (?) where the aliens came from "Taw City" before they (Venusians?) figured it out.  That was a really long time ago...  Something about learning the sounds of the machinery of the world...
Nah, not quoting anything, just talking out the side of my neck.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cheerful Charlie

Quote from: Cavebear on March 08, 2018, 05:17:16 PM

Venus and Mars,   Colonized by the fourth and fifth invader forces.  According to L. Ron Hubbard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKH4Ami59g
Cheerful  Charlie

Baruch

Get real ... be Realian ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2018, 07:46:59 PM
Since you agree with me that humans are apes, then you would agree with me that humans shouldn't be allowed to vote ... or other monkey species either.

I have never, ever, said that humans weren't apes.  I consider that a simple note of our evolutionary branch of the tree of life. 

Given that, I have to smile at your attempt to suggest I must agree with your otherwise silly arguments just because I readily acknowledge that humans are a variety of great apes.  Did you think that agreeing to one thing forced an agreement on the rest?

That's like "Moles are mammals, humans are mammals, moles are insectivores, therefore humans are insectivores".  LOL!

You are REALLY slipping your game here lately...