News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Toxic Masculinity

Started by Shiranu, March 02, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 05, 2018, 05:31:24 PM
lol Well, it's not like I've memorized 60,000 digits of pi, or anything like that!

If you know 5 digits of pi (and understand the movie) you know more of them than I do.  That's why I have a calculator. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 05, 2018, 01:29:21 PM
Bullshit!  And a total crock of crap!

Excuse me?  I think you didn't read what I wrote, the way I wrote it.

People are the way they are ... politics etc ... because of biology.  Or are you claiming influence from transdimensional mice people?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 05, 2018, 01:12:10 PM
I was under the impression Catholics work round that one by having alter boys used, no rules there saying they can't use them.

Not every priest is a pedophile, but too many are .. and the idea that they prefer boys, to girls is statistically unlikely.  We have yet to hear the scandal about priests and young girls ;-(

Sorry you have daddy issues.  But we can find other role models in other men ... and should.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 05, 2018, 01:33:21 PM
I think he just likes to try pushing our buttons. He get's off on it.

Haha ... you haven't read the notes my psychiatrist makes ;-)  Sorry if you have buttons, maybe you should try zippers instead?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 05, 2018, 11:28:41 AM
I never disagreed that toxic masculinity was a problem. I said it was from square one. If you want to be vapid, at least be accurate.
I wasn't talking about you.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
"St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12, "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:

Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them: “So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying,"

"“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5) "

I could keep going...

Nothing in the Bible ever happened at all.  Shall I quote Steven King books to you?  How about a clip from Jason VII?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 05, 2018, 02:09:15 PM
Thee way he is

Sometimes Atheistforums is like a box of chocolates ... some are nuts ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 05, 2018, 05:11:19 PM
I have them mostly memorized, as I have such fun showing them to Christians.

So you show them quotes from your favorite Steven King novels?  Yes, many Christians are ignorant ... people are often like that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 05, 2018, 05:01:04 PM
It's a fairly recent coined term.
The concept is exactly as you described though

Recently coined by allies of George Soros perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 10:23:20 PM
Excuse me?  I think you didn't read what I wrote, the way I wrote it.

People are the way they are ... politics etc ... because of biology.  Or are you claiming influence from transdimensional mice people?
Because of biology???  Everything is because of biology.  So, saying that is saying something meaningless.  You seem to be the king of that.  Meaninglessness.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 05, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
Because of biology???  Everything is because of biology.  So, saying that is saying something meaningless.  You seem to be the king of that.  Meaninglessness.

If you want to express your primal scream therapy, please do it outside next time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
If you want to express your primal scream therapy, please do it outside next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLfCHF3skk

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on March 06, 2018, 12:57:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLfCHF3skk
I almost wish I could visit whatever rabbit hole of distorted reality you flung yourself into and that you currently reside in.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 06, 2018, 02:48:38 AM
I almost wish I could visit whatever rabbit hole of distorted reality you flung yourself into and that you currently reside in.

No way.  Pr126 is definitely not an American college student snowflake.  And he isn't Alice either.

MikeCL, like some of us here, sometimes has anger control issues, and hits "post" to soon ;-)  But I think we have it cleared up, he and I actually don't disagree.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 10:25:53 PM
Haha ... you haven't read the notes my psychiatrist makes ;-)  Sorry if you have buttons, maybe you should try zippers instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlAMmCl3Cw
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman