News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What if Clinton won.

Started by GSOgymrat, March 01, 2018, 11:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

The only one who can stop a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 02, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

The only way to win is to not play the game.  R vs D only differ on the lapel pin of the maniac who gets the launch codes ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 02, 2018, 02:49:00 PM
I don't think it is wise for any person to be able to singlehandedly detonate a nuclear weapon, but Donald Trump has demonstrated a pattern of behavior throughout his career that makes him a particularly poor choice for this unique responsibility.

No President can single handedly do anything today.  Neither Trump nor Obama (a known warmonger).  Fake news anyone?  Kennedy could do that during the Cuban Missile Crisis because the military had jury rigged the not-yet complete Minuteman launch system.  The rest of the nuclear triad was probably still under the two person rule.  In the case of the Soviets, they had a two man rule also.  Fortunately on the particular sub in question, the Soviets had the commander, as well as the captain and the commissar.  The commander (the famous one) vetoed the nuclear torpedo launch that the captain and commissar had agreed to.  After the crisis the Minuteman launch system was completed, under the two man rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ox9wIZeZYg
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 02, 2018, 03:04:40 PM
War.  War never changes.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 02, 2018, 11:33:21 PM
Just say no ... if you are smart.
Baruch, you need to play more games!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

I think we can assume that a Hillary Clinton Administration would have had professional and experienced people in place who would have lasted more than a few months.  They would have been recognized by our allies and people they could talk to professionally, and not driving every other leader in the world into thinking we were all crazy nuts. 

Of course, they would only think that if we haven't elected a true insecure nut like Trump.

They would probably argue with Clinton as President, but, as an equal.  The world wouldn't be perfect, but it wouldn't be going into trade wars, bizarre passivity toward Russia, China ascendent in Asia by the US withdrawing, etc.

It would be a safer, more rational diplomatic world...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

So other world's leaders are victims of adultery by their spouse?  Yuck!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 03, 2018, 02:07:14 AM
So other world's leaders are victims of adultery by their spouse?  Yuck!

I am beginning to think Baruch is some sort of bot or troll.  His responses ALMOST connect to the subject, but not quite.  I would put him on "ignore", but I can't get that to work, and the Admins can't seem to solve that problem yet. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 03, 2018, 03:01:25 AM
I am beginning to think Baruch is some sort of bot or troll.  His responses ALMOST connect to the subject, but not quite.  I would put him on "ignore", but I can't get that to work, and the Admins can't seem to solve that problem yet.

Sorry.  My account has problems too ... I keep getting notices of responses to posts from last year.  What you think doesn't matter, much, to me ... though in fact I like you.  My last response was to someone complaining about whatever President Trump's sexual proclivities are ... which I doubt anyone here as ever show anything but partisanship on ... sexual predation seems a protected behavior, if you are a D party office holder, to people here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 03, 2018, 01:46:39 PM
Yeah, it's still a racket.

Come on guys, the quote 'War. War never changes.' is a sentence used in all of the Fallout computer games. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

That's news to me. Never have gotten to play any of those.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 03, 2018, 02:41:16 PM
That's news to me. Never have gotten to play any of those.
All of them are good--no, great!  I have played them all many, many times.  In total I must have dropped 10,000 hours into them combined.

Unbeliever

Well, better you than me! :D

You must be an expert at them by now, since I've heard that to become an expert at something it takes about 10,000 hours of practice.
God Not Found