News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Venus of Willendorf

Started by SGOS, February 26, 2018, 03:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 05:55:32 AM
Anecdote.  British in Australia claim it of the Aborigines.  But then they are evil White men.

"Which ones"? he said innocently...

I went checking for Aboriginal origin myths and discovered this from ABC news:

"Australia’s indigenous peoples arrived about 40,000 years ago, when Asia and Australia were still connected by a land bridge."  My understanding is that they arrived closer to 60,000 years ago and that there never was a land bridge because the ocean level never fell far enough.  Or have I missed something?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 05, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
I think iI think it had something to do with the change from matriarchal to patriarchal societies. When women were considered to be the originators of all human life, they were worshipped, but when it was noticed that men had something to do with it, things changed. I don't have any citations for that right now, but I'll see what I can find.

That is the circumstantial evidence, but it is mostly prehistoric.  Almost all societies studied in modern times, were already past the prehistoric stage.  Though Tasmanian Aborigines might come close (they apparently regressed due to even greater isolation than the natives in mainland Australia.  The British explorers of that area give us the anecdotal evidence.  Given that labor happens 9 month after sex ... it is plausible that early people didn't get the connection, since they didn't have Dr Kinsey to educate them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2018, 04:42:32 PM
"Which ones"? he said innocently...

I went checking for Aboriginal origin myths and discovered this from ABC news:

"Australia’s indigenous peoples arrived about 40,000 years ago, when Asia and Australia were still connected by a land bridge."  My understanding is that they arrived closer to 60,000 years ago and that there never was a land bridge because the ocean level never fell far enough.  Or have I missed something?

Land bridge?  Yes and no.  The Malay and Indonesian island area had multiple land bridges presently under water.  But there was a final water gap between Indonesia and New Guinea/Australia, and maybe between Australia and Tasmania.  New Zealand was never colonized by early man from there ... it was colonized from the NE, by Polynesian people, who where at a more sophisticated level of development.

https://www.iceagenow.com/Sea_Level_During_Last_Ice_Age.htm
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 09:55:34 PM
That is the circumstantial evidence, but it is mostly prehistoric.  Almost all societies studied in modern times, were already past the prehistoric stage.  Though Tasmanian Aborigines might come close (they apparently regressed due to even greater isolation than the natives in mainland Australia.  The British explorers of that area give us the anecdotal evidence.  Given that labor happens 9 month after sex ... it is plausible that early people didn't get the connection, since they didn't have Dr Kinsey to educate them.
They may have figured it out by watching the animals do it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 06, 2018, 01:23:07 PM
They may have figured it out by watching the animals do it.

Different gestation periods.  Also lack of microscopes to study the sperm or eggs (of mammals) would make that hard for them to confirm.  Some claim the Dogon in Africa already knew that Sirius was a double star.  If the ideas of early man are scientific, then I have a firmament that keeps the rain from falling, to sell you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2018, 09:59:30 PM
Land bridge?  Yes and no.  The Malay and Indonesian island area had multiple land bridges presently under water.  But there was a final water gap between Indonesia and New Guinea/Australia, and maybe between Australia and Tasmania.  New Zealand was never colonized by early man from there ... it was colonized from the NE, by Polynesian people, who where at a more sophisticated level of development.

https://www.iceagenow.com/Sea_Level_During_Last_Ice_Age.htm

Well, land-bridges to Australia, yes or no?  And the answer is no.  None connected Australia to any other part of the world.  So stop even trying to pretend any did.  And stop making up answers to questions you know nothing about just to make an arguement that seems good to you for your own purposes.  I know too much about that stuff to allow you to just fluff off plausible answers that are false.

Baruch

I looked up the map.  No land bridge to Australia, but one to New Guinea from Australia ... and lots of them all over what would become Indonesia.  I was clear, you simply can't read.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 08, 2018, 07:54:25 PM
I looked up the map.  No land bridge to Australia, but one to New Guinea from Australia ... and lots of them all over what would become Indonesia.  I was clear, you simply can't read.

Show me the map.  I've seen the denials of your claim from real map experts.  I can READ your claim clearly enough.  What I don't see is any evidence of it.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 12, 2018, 01:06:44 AM
Show me the map.  I've seen the denials of your claim from real map experts.  I can READ your claim clearly enough.  What I don't see is any evidence of it.

Already posted it earlier in this string.  You aren't reading very well.  Get new glasses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 12, 2018, 01:35:40 AM
Already posted it earlier in this string.  You aren't reading very well.  Get new glasses.

Of course I looked at the map you showed.  The local Australian details are weak on your large map, but the gap between Australia and Asian islands was always at least 60 miles.