Continuing convergence ... between China and the US

Started by Baruch, February 25, 2018, 09:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

1. President Xi of China, is getting the Communist Party there to change their rules, so that he doesn't have to run for re-election (to be like Mao).

2. DNC is now arguing that fixing primaries is protected by the First Amendment.

Das Parti is over folks!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Seems like my prediction that this was the last election the U.S. will hold in a very long time is gaining more and more momentum.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 26, 2018, 06:02:08 AM
Seems like my prediction that this was the last election the U.S. will hold in a very long time is gaining more and more momentum.

Chile, in the 70s, was ahead of the curve.  Authoritarian government approved of by Henry Kissinger.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

It's my opinion that Western democracy, at least in the US, is now beyond the need for protective vigilance and the free press. I think it is fucked, and while fixing the mess is part of every politician's campaign, it's laughable to even wonder why they should point out the problem, when they have nothing to gain by rewriting the rules they created to allow the fixed system in the first place.  Voters are of no help.  They are divided and fear each other, and stand like frightened rabbits in the poll booth pulling a lever that is connected to nothing that will help them in their plight.  Every vote cast becomes part of the mechanism to transfer more wealth to the 1%, which becomes exponentially more powerful during every election, while us little people argue over how much control women should have over their own bodies, and the freedom of bakers to refuse service to people they hate.  I don't expect a correction or collapse.  The system will continue, and will serve the needs of the 1%.

Baruch

From the time of my great-grandmother ...

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.  - Emma Goldman
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 26, 2018, 06:02:08 AM

There will continuing elections.  And most with some suspicion of intrusion by Russia,  We'll adjust to it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 05:01:45 AM
There will continuing elections.  And most with some suspicion of intrusion by Russia,  We'll adjust to it.

Yeah ... France and Britain never mess with us ... bwahaha
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.