News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello one and all

Started by Drithliu, February 24, 2018, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteThe thing I constitutionaly cannot do is trust my perceptions and thoughts. I mansged to turn thatninto a profession gor tge past 40 years.
Well, yes. I see what you did here.

Drithliu

SeriouslyðŸ˜'?
While good natured levity among peers is certainly expected thinly clad disparagements betraying an implicit narcissism is not. I'm deeply skeptical you imagine racism, homophobia, abd the litany of human social maladaptions are only expressed by people incapable of communicating about an American 9th grade English level. My eyes were opened as a chikd in Cincinnati, Ohio some 45 years ago, upon discovering my brilliant, would be peers of MENSA were White Supremacists. Having grown into my teens being taught an image of bigots as dull and ignorant, I had to recalibrate to cope with a world where gaslighting is tge default norm in communication. I've never gone a week without a so-called White telling me or another lgerson of color something is wrong or deficient in our thought processes. The truly disturbing experiences are being savaged by their tokens, ethnic proxies given metaphoric firm in the film Get Out.

Last October a woman I thought attractive, personable,  intelligent interrupted me to ask what a "Thought Experiment" was? I was surprised, but good naturely used my phone to call up a definition and sent it to her using Facebook messenger. She laughed and said, I know what it is I am skeptical you know what it is.
I design clothes, cyberphysical armour that is fashion forward for motorsports. A woman in a position of leadership in our industry sanctioning bodybasked me if I knew what a house of fashion was? I own ZedenVogue Armour which is in fact a house couture by ever concieveable definition. These behaviors atevsad but since I've been living with it all my life, it has zero emotional impact beyond a certain sadness at the incredible waste of creative intelligence diverted to duch a pointless and vain exercise.

You and your friends have abused my goodwill and there is no way to unring that bell.

Quote from: aitm on February 24, 2018, 04:55:17 PM
We are here for "our" nonsense....you are certainly welcome to join in, but no one escapes nonsense here. Welcome again, or the door is to the left..no it's on the right...I was walking backwards.

aitm

Quote from: Drithliu on February 26, 2018, 04:15:54 AM
You and your friends have abused my goodwill and there is no way to unring that bell.

If your skin is that thin, you would not have lasted long anyway. Nice of you to stop by however, tell your friends how lovely we are!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: Drithliu on February 26, 2018, 12:19:45 AM
Curious.
When I don't understand something or someone my first thought isn't they are wrong. A litany of questions general comes to mind after careful thought. I say careful because contrary to the common sense, there in fact is no end to bad questions that lead to worse.

New words? Implying I'm creating new terms? In case you aren't up on the whole critical thinking as practice rather than its theory, testing one's own assumptions is essential to the qualifier of "critical" in the name.

We actual professional critical thinkers ie Systems Analysts, view it as good form to include with specificity, what it is we are talking about.

Not that I shy from the creation of words, in fact I get paid for doing it, and paid well. Dracherz for example, a Germanish contraction born if Drache and Herz as in dragon and heart. Great brand, stunned no one owned. Repurposing of common combinations? In the early days of Personal Computers, I had one of a handful of businesses in the world building White Label boxes for community computers stores popping up all over like mushrooms in a cow pasture. I helped a startup pick a name, created their corporate id package, "PC City". Displaying a characteristic lack of diligence, a multi-million dollar corporation later took the name, my boss Stacey smugly came to a financial understanding.

So down to cases, what "invented" word dear hearts? Were I in fact creating language, a more useful question, one unencumbered by implicit biases would more appropriately have been a request for a more precise definition, not a vague inference making words up is wrong.

I can direct you to several noteworthy texts on linguistics I study and use as reference that certainly can help you avoid making unqualified statements like that in the future.

The thing I constitutionaly cannot do is trust my perceptions and thoughts. I mansged to turn thatninto a profession gor tge past 40 years. You lot appear to trust your thinking, appear incapable of testing your assumptions. I base this solely on evidence of this exchange. I told you why I am here so that shouldbhave informed your interpretation if everything that followed.

The degree to which is didn't gives credence to my assertion that eschewing overt supernaturalism in no way suggests people don't own equally improbable beliefs. That the more dependant their selfimage is on the validity of these assumptions, the less likely to regularly subject them for critical self-reflection.

Culture as a Technology would largely demand such critical self-reflection. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, an understanding, much less disciplined practice of self criticism seens lacking. I don't see this exchange growing into a productive experience for me.

Drithliu, my statement stands---what is your point?  And, are you creating new words?  I suspect you are a sloppy writer--consider this sentence of yours--"The thing I constitutionaly cannot do is trust my perceptions and thoughts. I mansged to turn thatninto a profession gor tge past 40 years. You lot appear to trust your thinking, appear incapable of testing your assumptions. I base this solely on evidence of this exchange. I told you why I am here so that shouldbhaveC."     I don't know what you mean.  I think 'mansqed" means managed?  If not, then that is a new word for which I don't know the meaning.  'Thatninto" means 'that into', but not sure.  'gor tge'--is that 'for the'????  'shouldbhave'--I guess, that means should have???   

If you have a sincere desire to communicate a particular idea or way of thinking, it is incumbent upon you to clearly state that idea or thinking.  That includes editing misspelled words so that you are clear in what it is you are saying.  Your misspelling and jumbled way of writing leaves me with a very muddled view of what it is you are talking about.  I am not saying you are wrong, only that I don't really know what it is you are driving at. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I am not entirely convinced at this time that Drithliu isn't an implementation of Racter...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Yeah, you are baffling me bit here, too.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

At least with ELIZA you get Rogerian counseling.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 06:08:00 AM
At least with ELIZA you get Rogerian counseling.

Rogerian counseling, you say.  Is that important to you?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 02:48:56 PM
Rogerian counseling, you say.  Is that important to you?

Well played, Ms Doolittle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 08:14:35 PM
Well played, Ms Doolittle.

Does that bother you?  Tell me about what concerns you...