News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello one and all

Started by Drithliu, February 24, 2018, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drithliu

I rarely have more than a 5 or 6 conversations a years outside of work and manditory social interactions when getting my hair done, shopping, discussions about repairs to my bike when I don't have tools or time to do it myself. Part of this is due to finally accepting no matter what I do in terms of practiced social skills, tgey can only go so far in having a positive outcome so long as I present a reasonably normative image within a context that is also percevieved as normative. I can maintain that illusion at best for only short periods, and even then prerequisite conditions such as the people I'm interacthing with have for example some history of friendships with African-Americans outside of tge common urban stereotype. As you may be aware, this implicit bias us just as problematic when in tge company of other Afro-Am as with Euro-Am, sometimes worse. Despite being brown skinned I'm almost never identified as Black. My appearance,  cadence of speech, dialect, the way I think and express how I think disturb people. After spending the first two thirds of my life being attacked for being different, I withdrew. I'm too Black for Whites and too White for Blacks. My ideas? Last Fall a woman interupted me to seriously ask if I knew what a thought experiment is? I lkng ago stopped wondering why people can't look things up, but rather than go down that senseless rabbit hole, I pulled up Wikipedia and sebt it to her over Facebook messenger. She laughed then said, "Oh, I know what it neans, I was curious if you know what it means?" Then in December a leader in motorcycle apoarel industry, asked me if I knew what a fashion jouse was? I founded House ZedenVogue, Armour, Cyberphysical Apparel, and Accessories. The goal is one of creating armour and gear so hot looking that nonody would think about riding without it, so beautiful people will buy motorcycles as a excusd to wear iur fashion. Until then I had some 2,400 plus connections on LinkedIn mostly Masters, Doctorates, and decision-makers in human factors, design, environnental psychology, motorsports in general in cluding dozens of professional motorcycle racers. There was no possible way she didn't know this. Ive reached a point in my life where I'm just fed up with being gaslighted by people I respect.

I would like to discuss here Culture as a Technology and the underlying framework such an Intentional Common Sense based on Evidentiary Science would require. Obviously this is a reformation or a fork of Social Contract Theory. The major problem I have is that the majority of people studied, a relatively small size  since Western society assumes what is true for us must be true for everyone, but in this case safeky bares out children are enculcated in belief, taught WHAT to think, rather than HOW to recognize tgeir own deliberate thought, and begin learning to control and adapt how they think. One of tge consequences is an unassailable assumption that intelligence, being smart is a matter of knowing a lotvand using the data store tovexcdll in very specific forms of problem solving. My Father for example does NY Times Crossword Puzzle. It would be pointless to explain practicing the samething differently is not tge same as in nature where the catagories and variations of crisis are an entirely different proposition. He like most people seek comfort while seeking a solution. Those in the pursuit of comfort and those in the pursuit true, rarely or ever travel in the same cart. This is a truism I tend to keep to myself.

Baruch

Don't spam your business cards.  And yes, some truly gay people post here.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Oddly, I feel like Penny when Sheldon is presenting his thoughts on String theory....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Welcome, Drithliu!

Quote from: aitm on February 24, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
Oddly, I feel like Penny when Sheldon is presenting his thoughts on String theory....

Us puppers get that.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Sal1981

Hi, and use Chrome's spell check function.

Drithliu

Quote from: Baruch on February 24, 2018, 07:12:36 AM
Don't spam your business cards.  And yes, some truly gay people post here.

A couple of assrrtions that beg clarification: (a.) The caution not to spam business cards. I have no business cards nor made any inference that can be logically construed as promotional. The only mention of my professional interest was in literally setting tge context within which another person attempted to publically humiliate me. I find it telling that your first overture is to ignore the point of the narrative, forgo any expression of welcome in preference for your cautioning me to not misbehave; (b.) I in no form or fashion solicited any specific interest in gay men. Perhaps you are conflating all people not Cisgender and Heterosexual as somehow "Gay"?

Whether from column (a.) or (b.) both of your points fall far short of an invitation to fellowship and moreover suggest or judicial biases. Being disrespectful, however politely expressed, remains disrespect.

I need to know now how common this skirting around tge fules of the forum is because if I haven't made it absolutely clear, I am fed up with this kind of nonsense.

Drithliu

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 24, 2018, 12:18:34 PM
Hi, and use Chrome's spell check function.

I do have it turned on, and its effectiveness varies acvirdjng to the kind of web app it's working in. SimpleMachine is seriously ancient code base. I'm akso at a disadvantage using a smartphone while the display on my laptop is being replaced. This is an Androud with a beta version of Google's keyboard and spell check. It seems to wakeup when I'm on Discourse forum software, the new update to WordPress.com also gets a performance boost, oddly Google Docs on Android us as disappointing as ever.

Anuyway, as I expressed at some length, these interactionsvrareky hapoen outside of business. I'm a Systems Analyst witn a vackground and continuing study in Environmental Psychology, Human Factors over 40 years in IT the last 10 in the financial sector. I vaiked on that in 2006 to build a career in accordance with values born more of reason than cultural assumption.

So am I to understand that you were so overwhelmingly distracted by my poor spelling, that you could not understand the points I was making?

My brother just said to tell you I'm not being sarcastic.

Sal1981

Quote from: Drithliu on February 24, 2018, 12:52:23 PM
So am I to understand that you were so overwhelmingly distracted by my poor spelling, that you could not understand the points I was making?
Yes. It's almost unreadable.

Mike Cl

I am not sure what your point is.   Your spelling, creation of new words and sentence structure is almost impossible to follow.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Drithliu on February 24, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

I need to know now how common this skirting around tge fules of the forum is because if I haven't made it absolutely clear, I am fed up with this kind of nonsense.

We are here for "our" nonsense....you are certainly welcome to join in, but no one escapes nonsense here. Welcome again, or the door is to the left..no it's on the right...I was walking backwards.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

welcome to our little band of heathens
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 24, 2018, 01:02:00 PM
Yes. It's almost unreadable.

Foreign agent or bot comes to mind...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Drithliu

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 24, 2018, 02:28:18 PM
I am not sure what your point is.   Your spelling, creation of new words and sentence structure is almost impossible to follow.

Curious.
When I don't understand something or someone my first thought isn't they are wrong. A litany of questions general comes to mind after careful thought. I say careful because contrary to the common sense, there in fact is no end to bad questions that lead to worse.

New words? Implying I'm creating new terms? In case you aren't up on the whole critical thinking as practice rather than its theory, testing one's own assumptions is essential to the qualifier of "critical" in the name.

We actual professional critical thinkers ie Systems Analysts, view it as good form to include with specificity, what it is we are talking about.

Not that I shy from the creation of words, in fact I get paid for doing it, and paid well. Dracherz for example, a Germanish contraction born if Drache and Herz as in dragon and heart. Great brand, stunned no one owned. Repurposing of common combinations? In the early days of Personal Computers, I had one of a handful of businesses in the world building White Label boxes for community computers stores popping up all over like mushrooms in a cow pasture. I helped a startup pick a name, created their corporate id package, "PC City". Displaying a characteristic lack of diligence, a multi-million dollar corporation later took the name, my boss Stacey smugly came to a financial understanding.

So down to cases, what "invented" word dear hearts? Were I in fact creating language, a more useful question, one unencumbered by implicit biases would more appropriately have been a request for a more precise definition, not a vague inference making words up is wrong.

I can direct you to several noteworthy texts on linguistics I study and use as reference that certainly can help you avoid making unqualified statements like that in the future.

The thing I constitutionaly cannot do is trust my perceptions and thoughts. I mansged to turn thatninto a profession gor tge past 40 years. You lot appear to trust your thinking, appear incapable of testing your assumptions. I base this solely on evidence of this exchange. I told you why I am here so that shouldbhave informed your interpretation if everything that followed.

The degree to which is didn't gives credence to my assertion that eschewing overt supernaturalism in no way suggests people don't own equally improbable beliefs. That the more dependant their selfimage is on the validity of these assumptions, the less likely to regularly subject them for critical self-reflection.

Culture as a Technology would largely demand such critical self-reflection. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, an understanding, much less disciplined practice of self criticism seens lacking. I don't see this exchange growing into a productive experience for me.

Blackleaf

I don't see anyone saying you're wrong, just that your message is difficult to impossible to decipher. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about either.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--