News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Viocjit the Agnostic Christian

Started by viocjit, June 16, 2013, 05:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

Hello ! I'm viocjit and I'm an Agnostic Christian and I would like to do an original presentation.
If you want know more about myself :

1.First name : Anthony
2.Last name : TOP SECRET
3.Nationality : French
4.Date of birth : TOP SECRET
5.Age : 19 years old
6.Hobbies : Computing , Reading , TV , Radio , Spirituality , Religions , Foreign languages , Video games etc...
7.Languages : English (advanced) , French (native) and I know a little bit of others languages like Classical Arabic , Hebrew , Spanish , Italian , Portuguese , Latin , German , Dutch , Norwegian , Russian and Farsi.
8.Metaphysical identity : Agnostic Christian (like the majority of people in France).
9.Why I'm here : I would discuss about a lot of things.
10.Last words for this thread : I hope have a lot of good moments here.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Farroc

What does agnostic Christian mean?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Colanth

Literally it means that he accepts Jesus as his savior, but he doesn't present as fact anything for which he has no evidence.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

Quote from: "aitm"Haven't we seen this before?

Seriously. Glitch in the Matrix.
Seriously. Glitch in the Matrix.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

DunkleSeele

Brian37

Quote from: "Farroc"What does agnostic Christian mean?

Many here are agnostic atheists. So I guess it would mean this person highly suspects the Christian god is the one true god, but admits they cant know for sure, but holds the position it does exist.

Just like an agnostic atheist holds no god belief and highly suspects god/s don't exist but also, admits they cant know for sure.

I am only and strictly semantically speaking "agnostic" about the future and any claims or evidence that may come out. But as far as past and present, I am flat out an atheist.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Farroc

That's an absurd combination of beliefs.. It's one thing to be completely absorbed into your denial and not even consider alternate possibility's, but to admit there's a good chance it might not be true but still believe it? How does one even come to such a preposterous position?
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Plu

You're the one saying it's a "good chance". Agnostics generally don't consider something a "good chance", just "a chance", which can be quite reasonable.

Of course, if you ever really start trying to validate your beliefs, you'll find that you can't without abandoning reason, so it's won't be a maintainable position I think.

viocjit

I can define myself like Agnostic Christian because I'm not sure about his existence. I'm sure to 90% that God is only a myth. But these 10% make that I'm worry about the hell.
I would like to be sure about his existence or non existence.
This question is an obsession , I have the impression to be tortured mentally.
Who torture me God , Satan or only me because I resist to the truth ?

Jason78

Quote from: "viocjit"I can define myself like Agnostic Christian because I'm not sure about his existence. I'm sure to 90% that God is only a myth. But these 10% make that I'm worry about the hell.

Then you do not have faith.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

QuoteI would like to be sure about his existence or non existence.

You can't be sure. You've already seen through the ruse, now you just have to cut through your fears. Not even hell. The real fear is the change it would be to really see the world as it is. It takes some people their whole life.

There's no reason to fear hell, because it doesn't exist. You don't fear any of the other hundreds of hells out there. There's no reason to fear the christian one just because your parents do.

SilentFutility

Welcome.

Quote from: "Farroc"That's an absurd combination of beliefs.. It's one thing to be completely absorbed into your denial and not even consider alternate possibility's, but to admit there's a good chance it might not be true but still believe it? How does one even come to such a preposterous position?
Gnosticism comes from the greek word for "knowledge". If you are an agnostic theist, you believe in God, but don't know that God exists. This is a perfectly reasonable viewpoint, nobody on earth knows for sure whether or not God exists, and to claim to be a gnostic theist or a gnostic atheist is arrogant and silly.

Are you not an atheist, who believes strongly that God does not exist, but who acknowledges that you don't actually possess the knowledge as to whether or not he does? Then you're an agnostic atheist.

We should really, really sticky the definition of agnostic and have everyone read it, as this always comes up. Belief and knowledge are not the same thing.

viocjit

Sometimes I fear the hell and sometimes not there are many variations.
I must understand the origins of Judaism and Christianity to be sure to 100%.
During many years I had the sensation that Satan and others devil force were present
in my room when this was the night and that the light was not on ON.
I can conclude the next thing : Stupidity of my mind (I hope).
I fear hell since my 4 years old when I really believed in God.
I had many sensations all these years :

1.Since my 4 years old I still had the feeling that I will take part to the last battle (Armageddon not the film but the place).

2.Since my 4 years old I still had this weird sensation in my Thorax , a sensation to be like a empty memory card (In the moment where I'm writing these lines I don't have this sensation).

3.I still have the feeling that I will have the chance to see the second coming of Christ.

Now I can say many Muslims children are feeling that they will see the dajal (A Muslim equivalent of Antichrist) soon but this is false because the dajal is only a legend.
I have nothing of these sensations now.