Dr. George Tiller: The Revenge!

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, February 18, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

You can have this link when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands!

If the story is tl;dr for you folks, here's the skinny: Dr. George Tiller was a physician who preformed late term abortions. Asshole "pro-life" guy shoots and kills Tiller. 4 years later, a former colleague of his is opening Tiller's abortion clinic back up.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"You can have this link when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands!

If the story is tl;dr for you folks, here's the skinny: Dr. George Tiller was a physician who preformed late term abortions. Asshole "pro-life" guy shoots and kills Tiller. 4 years later, a former colleague of his is opening Tiller's abortion clinic back up.

In Kansas of all places.  Maybe we should pray for their success?

And I totally easily clicked on that link from your cold dead hands......... ya goofball.  Easy peasy. LOL

For the record - I don't really support Late-Term Abortions.  They bother me.  But for medical reasons for the Mom - I'd support ANY term abortions.  
I do fully support any/all reasons for abortion during the first trimester.  
Mid-term abortions - why doesn't any one ever talk about those?
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Aroura33

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"You can have this link when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands!

And I totally easily clicked on that link from your cold dead hands......... ya goofball.  Easy peasy. LOL

For the record - I don't really support Late-Term Abortions.  They bother me.  But for medical reasons for the Mom - I'd support ANY term abortions.  
So I had to look this up, and the term "late term abortion" is used for any abortion occurring after 20 weeks, and in some places, as few as 16 weeks.  So there is your answer, there is no "mid-term" because the pro-life people have made mid term into late term.  Babies cannot survive on their own until 28 weeks minimum.  After that time, I'd have reservations about abortions (except in case of mothers life), but I'd have to think about it more before I decided it was right or wrong.

But before 28 weeks?  Calling those 16 to 20 week procedures late term abortions is misleading (intentionally, I suspect) to make people think they are aborting like, week 36 totally viable babies.  

I hope this lady in Kansas is successful, but boy does she have an uphill battle to fight.

(I still think Cider House Rules should be mandatory watching for all right wingers).
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Aroura33"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"

So I had to look this up, and the term "late term abortion" is used for any abortion occurring after 20 weeks, and in some places, as few as 16 weeks.  So there is your answer, there is no "mid-term" because the pro-life people have made mid term into late term.  Babies cannot survive on their own until 28 weeks minimum.  After that time, I'd have reservations about abortions (except in case of mothers life), but I'd have to think about it more before I decided it was right or wrong.

But before 28 weeks?  Calling those 16 to 20 week procedures late term abortions is misleading (intentionally, I suspect) to make people think they are aborting like, week 36 totally viable babies.  

I hope this lady in Kansas is successful, but boy does she have an uphill battle to fight.

(I still think Cider House Rules should be mandatory watching for all right wingers).

Most excellent.
And thanks for the help.  I knew that but it bothers me that they lump *late* into all that terminology.
Yeah I think Kansas is gonna be a haul.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Thumpalumpacus

I'm glad to see that women of that region will have another option for abortions.

I don't think the government has any business making any laws on the subject affecting pregnancies before around 24-28 weeks.  As case can be made for restricting it to the reason of health -- and not just the mother's health; fetal disorders as well should be considered -- after 28 weeks.  I lean to restricting such abortions, but being a man, I'll never have to face such a decision, so I don't think it's my place to impose my views.  Combined with my views on less-intrusive government, that means that I will never vote for any candidate who would act to restrict abortions.

QuoteOpponents of the clinic have already picketed outside of her house, and have walked around distributing handbills with her picture that list her home address and label her an "abortion-homicide promoter."

Considering the late Dr Tiller's fate, such acts and announcements seem more ominous.  I wonder if they're going to send another gunman too?

What a bunch of dipshits.
<insert witty aphorism here>

SvZurich

But PR will point out that Xians are never violent, only Muslims are.  Surely Xians can't be terrorists!  Oklahoma City was a government conspiracy!  ;)
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.