Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians

Started by Shiranu, February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

As for the Orange Disaster Area's desire to arm teachers... yeah, nothing could possibly go wrong with that.  And this teacher was both gun-trained and a reserve police officer.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Yeah, guns in schools (and elsewhere) sure make things safer for everyone!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on April 11, 2018, 10:39:22 AM
Another useful response.  A Pennsylvania school district wasted $1800 on useless 16" bats for the teachers in their district as symbolic weapons of last resort.  Which is probably more expensive, but marginally less stupid than five gallon buckets of river rocks which ultimately is just ammunition for bullies to get into.

All this to protect guns rather than students.

Chain the students to their desks, from 0730 until 1530, with bathroom breaks while under guard.  Schools are prisons for the young, are they not?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on April 11, 2018, 10:39:22 AM
Another useful response.  A Pennsylvania school district wasted $1800 on useless 16" bats for the teachers in their district as symbolic weapons of last resort.  Which is probably more expensive, but marginally less stupid than five gallon buckets of river rocks which ultimately is just ammunition for bullies to get into.

All this to protect guns rather than students.

Stupid solutions to serious problems are worse than ignoring problems sometimes...  They give the illusion of solving serious problems rather than solving the actual problems.  The solution to too many guns is "fewer guns".  But we aren't ready to deal with that yet.  Too many damn old white fart guys thinking they have to be prepared  to replicate the 1776 revolution.

As if...

The next generation probably will, and if I am still around, I will shout HUZZAH!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!