Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians

Started by Shiranu, February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

"We have to look at the internet, because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds, and their minds are being formed, and we have to do something about maybe what they're seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games," Trump said, according to pool reports.

"I'm hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people's thoughts. And you go one further step and that's the movies. ... maybe they have to put a rating system for that," he added.

Every time I read a transcript of Trump talking he just sounds like an idiot. He has this habit of saying "I'm hearing people say..." because he doesn't know facts and wants to be able to backpeddle if necessary.

Unbeliever

Yeah, he has to maintain his "plausible deniability" by blaming other people for stupid shit he might say.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 26, 2018, 04:59:21 PM
"We have to look at the internet, because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds, and their minds are being formed, and we have to do something about maybe what they're seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games," Trump said, according to pool reports.

"I'm hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people's thoughts. And you go one further step and that's the movies. ... maybe they have to put a rating system for that," he added.

Every time I read a transcript of Trump talking he just sounds like an idiot. He has this habit of saying "I'm hearing people say..." because he doesn't know facts and wants to be able to backpeddle if necessary.

It used to be all video was TV or movies, and a review board wouldn't let anything out that wasn't rated ... and the people doing the rating were all Catholics.  Got a problem with that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2018, 06:53:33 PM
It used to be all video was TV or movies, and a review board wouldn't let anything out that wasn't rated ... and the people doing the rating were all Catholics.  Got a problem with that?

I oppose censorship but I do approve of informing people of the content they are about to consume. If I were a parent I would appreciate knowing whether a movie or game contained violence, sex, language or adult themes so I the parent (not the government or the church) could more easily decide if it were appropriate for my child. I have no problem with "The following is intended for mature audiences." I also appreciate when NSFW or "Graphic content" is indicated before I click a link.

Baruch

Why click on a picture of one of Munch's boyfriends?  Trying to tell us something? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2018, 09:51:37 PM
Why click on a picture of one of Munch's boyfriends?  Trying to tell us something? ;-)

I'll be sure to inform them how you pictured them based on my vintage collection, but my fellas are shaped like every day gents.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

"We should change the names of AR-15s to 'Marco Rubio,' " one Parkland student tweeted after the senator from Florida rejected their calls to support a ban on assault weapons, "because they are so easy to buy."

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2018, 03:43:23 PM
Hey, at least our fearless leader isn't a coward!

President Trump: I would have run into school during shooting ‘even if I didn’t have a weapon’
I have my doubts that he could get that fat ass of his up to a loping jog, much less a run.  And his entire life is one of avoiding any risk he can't lawyer his way out of.

What disgusts me most is using seventeen dead to float a masturbatory superhero fantasy.

At this point, I'm ready to consider being a fucking dick a sufficiently high crime or misdemeanor for his impeachment.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on February 27, 2018, 10:49:13 AM
I have my doubts that he could get that fat ass of his up to a loping jog, much less a run.  And his entire life is one of avoiding any risk he can't lawyer his way out of.

What disgusts me most is using seventeen dead to float a masturbatory superhero fantasy.

At this point, I'm ready to consider being a fucking dick a sufficiently high crime or misdemeanor for his impeachment.

Destruction of Libya wasn't enough?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

As they say, "Talk is cheap." Anyone could say that they would have run in during a shooting even if he didn't have a weapon, but we know that there was a person there who did have a weapon who didn't run in. When president Gump runs in without a weapon into a shooting, then we can say that he would do it.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Shiranu

My biggest problem with that whole situation is this...

Yes, the guy "should" have run in there, that is his job. But all these dudes on T.V. talking about how he is a coward, how he is to blame for their deaths? Nah, I'm not feeling that. How many of them would have run in? None of them, that's how many. They would have pissed themselves and ran off.

By all means, he failed to do his job and deserves to be transferred. But to act like he is the villain like the media and society are trying to do is absolutely ridiculous, and it's just a distraction from the real villains... the dudes who take millions of dollars of gun money bribes and keep guns like these in the hands of people who shouldn't be anywhere near a firearm.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

I think I'll wait to hear a little more about the guy before I hang em.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

People seem to think that when a shot rings out everybody knows exactly where the shooter is and what he is doing.  Not really the case.  If one heard a sound like a gunshot in a school building, most likely you would not know exactly where the shot came from.  I don't think swat teams go running headlong into a situation like that.  It takes time, usually, to pinpoint where the shot came from and what direction the shooter is moving.  It is also possible that the sound of the gunshot may have seemed to come from outside the building(s).  In hindsight, it is easy to plot the progress of the shooter(s); when it is happening not so much.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 27, 2018, 07:52:54 PM
People seem to think that when a shot rings out everybody knows exactly where the shooter is and what he is doing.  Not really the case.  If one heard a sound like a gunshot in a school building, most likely you would not know exactly where the shot came from.  I don't think swat teams go running headlong into a situation like that.  It takes time, usually, to pinpoint where the shot came from and what direction the shooter is moving.  It is also possible that the sound of the gunshot may have seemed to come from outside the building(s).  In hindsight, it is easy to plot the progress of the shooter(s); when it is happening not so much.

But Hollywood is like real life, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 27, 2018, 07:52:54 PM

When a sound echoes in empty hallways, the source is uncertain.  In a crowded hallway, less certain.  I heard today that the deputy who first came to the school was responding to "firecrackers" and when he reported "gunshots", was told to wait and observe while backup arrived.  That seems rational.

I also saw a tweet where Trump said he would have charged in there with no weapon.  He's just imagining that of course.  He escaped Vietnam war service with fake medical problems.  And he is on tape despribing a guy how fell off the stairs bleeding.  Trump walked away laughing saying it was "disgusting" that his blood was staining the "beautiful marlble floors".  Hardly the action of someone who would rush to help people in danger.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!