Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians

Started by Shiranu, February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Well, the word "unhappiness" is also not part of my lexicon.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2018, 04:53:53 PM
Well, the word "unhappiness" is also not part of my lexicon.

If you are neither a person, nor an unperson, what are you? (rhetorical)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

If you're not quite dead yet, are you undead?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2018, 04:56:27 PM
If you're no quite dead yet, are you undead?

Grammar alert!  Dead, anti-dead (aka living) and non-dead (non-alive).  Consistent nomenclature is the essence of good thinking (probably Wittgenstein said that ... as did Confucious).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 20, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
He can't show real leadership because he's not a real leader. He's just a guy who can wield a pen to sign whatever the Republicans want signed.

Trump can't show leadership because he isn't a real leader.  He is a leader of a fanatic minority of NRA and Nazi types, financial cheaters, and scammers.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on February 24, 2018, 11:39:30 PM
Trump can't show leadership because he isn't a real leader.  He is a leader of a fanatic minority of NRA and Nazi types, financial cheaters, and scammers.
But... but... He's going to build us a wall that will protect us from the Mexicans.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 26, 2018, 09:28:00 AM
But... but... He's going to build us a wall that will protect us from the Mexicans.

No give a lot of money away to his campaign supporters, like any other politician.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on February 26, 2018, 09:28:00 AM
I still think it would be cheaper just to buy China's great wall and ship it over here in pieces. And make China pay for it - and give us the labor to put it back together.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Hey, at least our fearless leader isn't a coward!

President Trump: I would have run into school during shooting ‘even if I didn’t have a weapon’

President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at Broward County sheriff's deputies for not going into the Parkland school and confronting the killer and said he would have gone in "even if I didn't have a weapon."
"I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon," Trump said during a meeting with governors, including Florida's Rick Scott who on Sunday called for an investigation into the law enforcement response.
God Not Found

SGOS

Unbeliever

Chump would probably have called in a strike by a predator drone and taken out the whole school.
God Not Found

Blackleaf

Trump loves to brag about how perfect he is, but until he actually puts himself in a life or death situation like that, I'm not buying it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

What!? Surely the most powerful man in the world wouldn't lie to the American people, would he?

God Not Found

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 26, 2018, 04:23:43 PM
What!? Surely the most powerful man in the world wouldn't lie to the American people, would he?

I'm not sure he is lying in this circumstance. Running into a chaotic shooting situation and implying he could save the day despite being old, overweight, unarmed and having no training sounds like something he would believe-- it's basically mirrors his bid for presidency. He loves a simplistic solution to a complex situation, like solving immigration with a wall, fixing healthcare by getting rid of the ACA with no alternative plan or arming teachers to reduce gun fatalities. I'm sure his response resonates with his base.

Unbeliever

Our fearless leader has come up with another brilliant idea for curbing gun violence - just put ratings on movies and video games! What a stable genius!

Trump raises concerns about impact of violent movies: 'Maybe they have to put a rating system for that'

How is it that no one else has ever even thought of this idea? It's inconceivable!
God Not Found