Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians

Started by Shiranu, February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Name to me one other first world country where teenage students have to beg for increased security, for guns to be even remotely regulated, because they are tired of being murdered, of seeing their countrymen murdered, left and right. Does that sound like a "first world, greatest country in the world" type of place to you?

Do first world countries watch as their citizens are allowed to buy guns and then murder people at concerts, at schools, at churches, left and right... and that's only the "psycho" ones, forget all the individual killings...?

I'll wait.

[size=78%]
[/size][/font]

"(The Nra Donated) 30 million dollars (to the Trump campaign)... and divided by the number of gunshot victims in the United States in the 1 and 1 half months in 2018 alone, that comes out to being fifty-eight hundred dollars... is that how much these people are worth to you, Trump? If you don't do anything to prevent this from continuing to occur, that number of gunshot victims will go up and the number that they are worth will go down. And we will be worthless to you."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Sal1981

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 18, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
Brave. I hope the politicians in Washington are paying attention, because these are their future voters.

https://www.snopes.com/trump-sign-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-illnesses/

Unfortunately Snopes has been shown as unbiased as Salon or Daily Kos.  I wish there were unbiased sources, but the CIA won't permit them.

How about the one, where some Twitter idiot went off on a father of one of the dead HS girls ... castigating him for wearing a Trump T-shirt.  Sensitive, these snowflakes are.

The kid legally bought the gun.  As did the mom of the Sandy Hook shooter.  The FBI and sheriff's department was too busy looking for Russkies under the bed covers ... to pay attention this time ... and lots of other times.  They did put the younger brother of the shooter in protective custody, after the brother's shooting spree ... better late then never.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on February 18, 2018, 10:30:05 PM
Do you consider fact checking as "bias"?

All D-party or R-pary supporters who post anywhere ... aren't biased, they are psychotic.  I blame the fluoridation of the water supply.  What is your excuse? ;-)

Fact checking by party officials, or by Deep State operatives ... bwahaha.  Check your own fact, don't rely on anyone else.  Be Columbo ... always leave, but not quite, then return and ask .. one more question.  It really bothers the murderer!  BTW ... we are all murderers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on February 18, 2018, 10:30:05 PM
Do you consider fact checking as "bias"?

He does.  Facts that disagree with his world view of everyone being extreme is what he sees most easily.  I feel sad about that sometimes, but you can't help some people.  They're in their own little world and are happy there.  Possibly, the rare thing is that he feels compelled to come out and try to convince the rest of us that we should also be similarly limited.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

GSOgymrat

Terrific speech. As someone who has worked in crisis mental health services for over twenty-five years, I'm sick of politicians saying "we need more mental health services" as their pat response to gun violence. What exactly does that mean? Mental health professionals can intervene in a crisis but we can't change the law and we can't change the culture. Gun violence in America is a complicated problem with no simple solutions. I hope this tragedy will prompt change but honestly, I have very little confidence in our current leaders to adequately address this problem. This is an opportunity for the president to show real leadership but I don't think Trump is up to the task.

From the Associated Press:
In a marathon series of furious tweets from Mar-a-Lago, Trump vented about Russia, raging at the FBI for what he perceived to be a fixation on the Russia investigation at the cost of failing to deter the attack on a Florida high school. He made little mention of the nearby school shooting victims and the escalating gun control debate.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:17:28 AM
All D-party or R-pary supporters who post anywhere ... aren't biased, they are psychotic.
and what would you consider yourself?

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 19, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
and what would you consider yourself?

You know I am I-party ;-)  I am both biased, and unashamed.  In particular, I am biased against the craziness of the D and R party ... or R-D party if you prefer.  No originality there.  All militancy all the time there.  More for the wealthy there.  Not biased against people, just against the demonic powers from Exorcist that mess with little girls.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Shiranu on February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM
Name to me one other first world country where teenage students have to beg for increased security, for guns to be even remotely regulated, because they are tired of being murdered, of seeing their countrymen murdered, left and right. Does that sound like a "first world, greatest country in the world" type of place to you?

Do first world countries watch as their citizens are allowed to buy guns and then murder people at concerts, at schools, at churches, left and right... and that's only the "psycho" ones, forget all the individual killings...?

I'll wait.

[size=78%]
[/size][/font]

"(The Nra Donated) 30 million dollars (to the Trump campaign)... and divided by the number of gunshot victims in the United States in the 1 and 1 half months in 2018 alone, that comes out to being fifty-eight hundred dollars... is that how much these people are worth to you, Trump? If you don't do anything to prevent this from continuing to occur, that number of gunshot victims will go up and the number that they are worth will go down. And we will be worthless to you."
It may be that the Russians gave money to the NRA to support Chump:

NRA, Russia and Trump: How 'dark money' is poisoning American democracy

Quote•The FBI is investigating the National Rifle Association to determine whether Russians illegally funneled money through the organization to help the Trump campaign.
•Beyond Russian meddling, this allegation illustrates a problem of even broader scope in our political system.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: GSOgymrat on February 19, 2018, 11:44:41 AM
This is an opportunity for the president to show real leadership but I don't think Trump is up to the task.
He can't show real leadership because he's not a real leader. He's just a guy who can wield a pen to sign whatever the Republicans want signed.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 20, 2018, 02:03:33 PM
He can't show real leadership because he's not a real leader. He's just a guy who can wield a pen to sign whatever the Republicans want signed.

The CIA is happy with him ... and his last few predecessors (back to Nixon) ... why can't you be?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 21, 2018, 01:54:07 PM
The word "happy" isn't part of my lexicon.

See, there are no theological nor philosophical nor ideological problems ... there are only psychological problems.  Do something for someone else today, that makes them happy.  Then at least one of you is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.