Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians

Started by Shiranu, February 18, 2018, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Yeah, that poor marble floor, it was just sitting there minding its own business when some schmuck fell on it and bled all over it! Our fearless leader was very sympathetic to the floor - to the guy bleeding all over it, not so much.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2018, 01:58:49 PM
Yeah, that poor marble floor, it was just sitting there minding its own business when some schmuck fell on it and bled all over it! Our fearless leader was very sympathetic to the floor - to the guy bleeding all over it, not so much.

Sociopathy is what we should expect from society leaders.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

Worse, he (and his friends) said they were "disgusted".  As in "someone please call the staff to clean the trash away".  And he claims he would run into a school building without a weapon and save everyone?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 28, 2018, 02:04:27 PM
Sociopathy is what we should expect from society leaders.
That wasn't always the case, but apparently now it is.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on February 28, 2018, 02:06:07 PM
Worse, he (and his friends) said they were "disgusted".  As in "someone please call the staff to clean the trash away".  And he claims he would run into a school building without a weapon and save everyone?
He says he can't stand the sight of blood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-9ov40Pm3Y

He'd be surrounded by blood if he'd run in there, with or without a weapon.

His hair should be registered as a dangerous weapon.
God Not Found

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2018, 02:09:28 PM
He says he can't stand the sight of blood:

He's be surrounded by blood if he'd run in there, with or without a weapon.

His hair should be registered as a dangerous weapon.

Yeah, I meant to add that old quote of him hating the sight of blood.  Good catch!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 28, 2018, 02:07:17 PM
That wasn't always the case, but apparently now it is.

You have rose colored glasses of history ... it was never otherwise.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, if the Orange Disaster Area is serious about actually taking a couple small steps towards sensible gun policyâ€"expanding background checks, banning bump stocksâ€"good on him.  I'll believe it when I see it, considering he has both demonstrated the attention span of a gnat with ADHD, as well as saying he wants one thing and taking all the necessary actions to do something else.

I was fascinated to see him call out pro-gun congresscritters as being afraid of the NRA, and for effectively telling the NRA to go piss up a rope, especially after taking $30 million worth of support from them in '16.  He's still wrong about arming teachers, of course.  Closing the gun show and online loopholes on background checks, good.  Allowing police to 'confiscate first, due process later' is quite a bit more problematic from a Constitutional standpoint and has appalling potential to be abused.

But I'll take progress, even from unexpected sources.  Doesn't make him a good president, one step in the right direction doesn't erase the thousands of steps in the wrong direction, but if he's serious and follows through and not just making mouth noises until the moment passes, good.  We'll see.  He tried playing the 'get me a bipartisan bill' game in January with immigration reform, and spent the next several weeks doing everything in his power to sink the most popular bipartisan compromise, so no actual 'attaboy' until and unless he actually follows through.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: trdsf on March 01, 2018, 10:14:12 AM
Well, if the Orange Disaster Area is serious about actually taking a couple small steps towards sensible gun policyâ€"expanding background checks, banning bump stocksâ€"good on him.  I'll believe it when I see it, considering he has both demonstrated the attention span of a gnat with ADHD, as well as saying he wants one thing and taking all the necessary actions to do something else.
Some guy on NPR mentioned the other day that 20 plus states have actually put some kind of gun regulation on the books in the last 10 years, although in many/most(?) cases, the regulations actually eased regulations and made it easier to get guns, either because of loopholes or actual intent to do nothing.  This type of do nothing regulation seems to me to be typical of much legislation.  Bills are given misleading names like "The Child Protection Act" or "The Forest Protection Act," and end up accomplishing the opposite of what the name implies.  And people support them based on the name.

trdsf

Meanwhile, there's this church that is more or less heavily armed Moonies.

Yeah.  That really makes me feel safe.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on March 01, 2018, 10:14:12 AMthe Orange Disaster Area
I've recently heard him referred to (I think it was Stephanie Miller) as "the Tangerine Tornado." Sounds like a pro wrestler, huh?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on March 01, 2018, 10:14:12 AM
I was fascinated to see him call out pro-gun congresscritters as being afraid of the NRA, and for effectively telling the NRA to go piss up a rope, especially after taking $30 million worth of support from them in '16.
Turns out that money may have come from Russia, and simply been funneled through the NRA.
God Not Found

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 01, 2018, 01:41:30 PM
Turns out that money may have come from Russia, and simply been funneled through the NRA.
Wow.  I can think of few things that would make me happier than seeing the sociopaths at the NRA run out of business for money laundering.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 01, 2018, 01:41:30 PM

All money comes from Russia (with love), funneled thru the Rothschilds, who get it from the bank underneath the Temple Mount in Jerusalem!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on March 01, 2018, 04:58:35 PM
Wow.  I can think of few things that would make me happier than seeing the sociopaths at the NRA run out of business for money laundering.

Has the Clinton money laundering machine been punished?  Hypocrites!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.