Author Topic: Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians  (Read 3137 times)

Re: Parkland Shooting Survivor Speech Against NRA Bribery, Politicians
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »
Well, the word "unhappiness" is also not part of my lexicon.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A, I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them."
Will Hurd

Online Baruch

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
Well, the word "unhappiness" is also not part of my lexicon.

If you are neither a person, nor an unperson, what are you? (rhetorical)
שלום

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
If you're not quite dead yet, are you undead?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:49:40 PM by Unbeliever »
"Over the course of my career as an undercover officer in the C.I.A, I saw Russian intelligence manipulate many people. I never thought I would see the day when an American president would be one of them."
Will Hurd

Online Baruch

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 05:14:24 PM »
If you're no quite dead yet, are you undead?

Grammar alert!  Dead, anti-dead (aka living) and non-dead (non-alive).  Consistent nomenclature is the essence of good thinking (probably Wittgenstein said that ... as did Confucious).
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 11:39:30 PM »
He can't show real leadership because he's not a real leader. He's just a guy who can wield a pen to sign whatever the Republicans want signed.

Trump can't show leadership because he isn't a real leader.  He is a leader of a fanatic minority of NRA and Nazi types, financial cheaters, and scammers.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline SGOS

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Trump can't show leadership because he isn't a real leader.  He is a leader of a fanatic minority of NRA and Nazi types, financial cheaters, and scammers.
But... but... He's going to build us a wall that will protect us from the Mexicans.

Online Baruch

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
But... but... He's going to build us a wall that will protect us from the Mexicans.

No give a lot of money away to his campaign supporters, like any other politician.
שלום

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
I still think it would be cheaper just to buy China's great wall and ship it over here in pieces. And make China pay for it - and give us the labor to put it back together.
Will Hurd

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »
Hey, at least our fearless leader isn't a coward!

President Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at Broward County sheriff's deputies for not going into the Parkland school and confronting the killer and said he would have gone in "even if I didn't have a weapon."
"I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon," Trump said during a meeting with governors, including Florida's Rick Scott who on Sunday called for an investigation into the law enforcement response.
Will Hurd

Offline SGOS

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »
Hey, at least our fearless leader isn't a coward!

"You there, with the gun.  This is the president.  Put down the gun or I'm going to kick your ass."

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »
Chump would probably have called in a strike by a predator drone and taken out the whole school.
Will Hurd

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 04:15:53 PM »
Trump loves to brag about how perfect he is, but until he actually puts himself in a life or death situation like that, I'm not buying it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
What!? Surely the most powerful man in the world wouldn't lie to the American people, would he?

Will Hurd

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
What!? Surely the most powerful man in the world wouldn't lie to the American people, would he?

I'm not sure he is lying in this circumstance. Running into a chaotic shooting situation and implying he could save the day despite being old, overweight, unarmed and having no training sounds like something he would believe-- it's basically mirrors his bid for presidency. He loves a simplistic solution to a complex situation, like solving immigration with a wall, fixing healthcare by getting rid of the ACA with no alternative plan or arming teachers to reduce gun fatalities. I'm sure his response resonates with his base.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:48:29 PM by GSOgymrat »
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »
Our fearless leader has come up with another brilliant idea for curbing gun violence - just put ratings on movies and video games! What a stable genius!

How is it that no one else has ever even thought of this idea? It's inconceivable!
Will Hurd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk