News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Say your prayers

Started by pr126, February 17, 2018, 04:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

I am OK with that. As long as it is not Christian prayers. That would be inpermissible.

https://youtu.be/nEhk_J-A1fY

The prayers are repeated 17 times  every day.
The prayer al Fatiha is cursing Christians and Jews.

Not many kuffar know that.

Gawdzilla Sama

What a mighty pissant you are.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 17, 2018, 06:48:02 AM
What a mighty pissant you are.

How about watching the video first and opening a narrative about the subject of Muslim prayer, which is what it was about, instead of opening with just insults aimed at the op for unprovoked reasons
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

My post points out the double standard of the left.
Christian prayers are forbidden, but Muslim prayers are just fine.

Sal1981

I don't see the big deal. They're not harming anyone.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on February 17, 2018, 11:58:58 AM

Except this is a complete lie. Please tell me you know this.

If you want to bring up double standards, you should look toward God-Fearing Christians and their widespread anti-Muslim bigotry.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on February 17, 2018, 11:58:58 AM

Mostly all you do is point out your own double standards, through example...

pr126

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 17, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
I don't see the big deal. They're not harming anyone.
But Christian prayers in schools do?

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on February 18, 2018, 04:16:19 AM
But Christian prayers in schools do?
so you are claiming that Christian kids can’t pray in school, but Muslim kids can? Is this your claim? You need to start working on your critical thinking skills or I don’t hold much hope for your future.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Jason78

I thought that anyone could pray in an american school.   Those prayers just can't be led by a teacher.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Quote from: Jason78 on February 18, 2018, 06:13:11 AM
I thought that anyone could pray in an american school.   Those prayers just can't be led by a teacher.

This. I have no problems with Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, followers of the one true God and destroyer Cthullu or whoever praying in school, so long as it is not lead by teachers and staff or interferes with class time.

I think it's pretentious as shit, particularly for Christians who don't have a religious mandate to do it, but if an individual wants to pray and isn't forcing someone else to, or shaming someone else for not, then it's none of my business.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on February 18, 2018, 07:37:23 AM
This. I have no problems with Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, followers of the one true God and destroyer Cthullu or whoever praying in school, so long as it is not lead by teachers and staff or interferes with class time.

I think it's pretentious as shit, particularly for Christians who don't have a religious mandate to do it, but if an individual wants to pray and isn't forcing someone else to, or shaming someone else for not, then it's none of my business.

see, THIS is how you have a conversation about this kind of thing, no ad hominem, no insults, just opening the board on thoughts on this system at play.

I agree, people should have the right to teach their religious gobbledegook within environments designed for them to do so, just as long as its not forced onto a secular setting, there are religious schools for that.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

EXACTLY. Are you paying attention, PR126?

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on February 18, 2018, 09:17:28 AM
see, THIS is how you have a conversation about this kind of thing, no ad hominem, no insults, just opening the board on thoughts on this system at play.

I am angry about the bigotry in this country. It got that horrific mess elected president, and it gets people killed every day. FORGIVE me for getting snippy with a person who posts outright lies and then tells me to "get lost" when I challenge it.
You are goddamn right I am angry.