Senate Immigration Bill Fails to Pass

Started by Shiranu, February 15, 2018, 05:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 19, 2018, 07:20:05 AM
If Democrats are suckers .. who should they blame?  Who should fix that problem?  Hmmm?  And I am not necessarily pointing a finger at your age-inappropriate credulity.

As stated before, I am in favor of immigration.  I want to replace and expel the existing citizenry.  After the last election, every citizen of the US should be deported to Outer Slobovia.

As stated before, I am in favor of immigration.  From everywhere and all over.  Let diversity ring loud and clear!! IDIC...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Draconic Aiur

I donk think yall get it . Nothing good will come out of Trumps presidency.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Munch on February 15, 2018, 09:15:14 PM
But if your going to link an article, maybe try and process the faults in it, the phrase 'arrived in the country unlawfully as children', should raise some alarm bells.
'Arrived in the country unlawfully as children' â€" you do realize that practically no child is going to arrive because he trucked himself over the boarder, right? He's going to be taken there by his parents. The only people who actually committed any willful act against the law are the parents, not the child.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 19, 2018, 08:10:40 AM
As stated before, I am in favor of immigration.  From everywhere and all over.  Let diversity ring loud and clear!! IDIC...

I don't policy pro-immigration because I am pro-immigrant ... I am anti-US citizen ... they are past their sell by date, the inventory needs to be replaced.

Yes, free the terrorists, criminals, traitors (when do we lock those up at all?) etc.  Prejudice is evil, the only evil. (sarc line).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on February 15, 2018, 05:57:00 PM
http://time.com/5161399/capitol-daca-immigration-reform/

Four chances - A bipartisan bill that Trump said he would veto anyways failed, a weaker bill by McCain and some Dem. failed, a bill punishing sanctuary cities failed, and finally Trump's bill tanked. Remember, it was just a week or two ago that Dems said they had came away with a victory in getting Mitch McConnell to agree that something would be done about the issue by today. Well, today has come and gone, and it seems all the Democrats have is their dicks in their hands and the Republicans got what they wanted... the same shit that happens time after time after time. How spineless cowards like Schumer and Pelosi get reelected is beyond me.

The other thing that really grinds my goat is that media websites, Democrats, liberals are acting like this is a victory because Trump's bill got slaughtered by both Democrats and Republicans... but how is it a victory? How fucking low do we have the bar set? Wow, so his bill didn't pass... whoopty-fucking-doo! It still means that several million people have their and their loved ones lives dominated by fear and uncertainty on what's going to happen to them. It still means that he has free reign to keep on having ICE snatch peaceful citizens from their families and tear communities apart. That doesn't sound like the racist piece of shit "lost"... just because he didn't hit the jackpot doesn't mean he isn't still walking out with winnings in his pocket.

I doubt anyone here agrees with that train of thought, but if you do... progressives, liberals, democrats, leftists, whatever... we have got to stop fucking acting like keeping him from getting his way is a victory. It's not. Even many Republicans and right-wingers don't like his proposal, we aren't special in that regard. Even if we "beat" Trump, the people we are suppose to be fighting for are getting fucked over; it's just the conversation has changed to Trump, Trump, Trump rather than the actual issues. By all means, call him out on his shit... but don't lose sight of the goal.

I vote Democrat, but think politically like Republicans. I know how they play their games. I know strategies, but I want the best for the most. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!